BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I got into a Lair with randoms the other day, but they quit out at the walker pretty quickly.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Wait, they opened up the moon? Shitttt I stopped playing when it was blocked off, would have loved to try it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Can anyone else not see their character on Bungie.net? Like, I can see all my gear and stuff, but my character is a black silhouette -- been that way through the whole beta.
    Yep.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Lame, was hoping it was just me. Was gonna say post your character, but no point if you can't really see them.

Out of curiosity, would it be possible to add a poll -- interested to see what is everyone's preferred job.

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Yeah, the Devil Walker wasn't necessarily hard as much as it was time consuming.
    It's more annoying because you have to dodge all the shit. I was spamming lvl 8 Lair and it was still easy. Target the legs, when they blow up shoot the head with your heavy shit. Rinse repeat till dead.

The REAL challenge was going to that point on Explore Commodore and it's just you. Ammo supply gets low but I was bored a few times and still killed it for fun lol.

I'm talking about the defense portion where TyrionBot is scanning some thingy and you have to fight off three+ waves

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    I'm talking about the defense portion where DinkleBot is scanning some thingy and you have to fight off three+ waves
    Ftfy.

Overall I'm impressed with the game. I'm 100% invested and already have my preorder paid off. However, i'm super fucking disappointed that they would do something like Iron Banner as a 2hr event and not have any open communication about whether or not this is a one time event or if its going to have any rewards that will carry into retail. After that they "caved" and started holding more of the events and directly responded to the EU playerbase's criticisms. Yet they do the same FUCKING thing again with the Moon event. It's a 2hr one time event on a Saturday with one time permanent rewards. People were asking how long they had to claim the emblem, what activities they needed to play to earn the emblem and if they're going to hold the Moon event again so people who missed it would have a chance to experience it.

Next to zero communication about any of these issues. They came out with a quickly buried tweet saying any event as long as you aren't in orbit will be fine to collect the emblem. Great. What about the timeframe it was available? Was it only available during the Moon event? Is it available as long as we play on that day? So many fucking questions that never got answered, not on their blog, twitter or community rep posts.

This is something that greatly concerns me for the retail game. Are they going to be running tons of events at times i'm never going to be available on? Are we constantly going to get vague explanations about how to participate in this type of shit? Are they going to open up more to the community?

I think I might have been spoiled by Square-Enix's openness lately with Final Fantasy XIV.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Beta datamine: 32 story missions and 23 strikes, 148 activities altogether
    Destiny isn’t finished, but the beta client has been data-mined by the clever folk behind DestinyDB revealing the current shape of the game.

Although the information is almost certain to change before launch, at present data found in the beta client indicates the full release will have 32 story missions and 23 strikes (co-op raids).

The data also revealed a number of other activities, with the grand total coming in at 148 in total.

The owner of Destiny DB got in touch to help clarify this information:

“There are 23 known story missions, 8 unknown and 1 mission are the credits. For the strike there are 5 nightfall missions, 6 normal missions, 4 vanguard missions and the rest are duplicate. I have a feeling that the nightfall missions are the regular missions during the night although I can’t confirm this at all,” he wrote.

What does seem clear is that there’s quite a lot of content in the build from which the beta client was spun, and that’s probably going to increase for the final game – and that’s before Bungie’s promised expansions.

What won’t be in the finished game is more Earth content, apparently. In a Twitch-archived multiplayer session with 2old2play, Bungie community manager David Dague (Deej) confirmed each planet (or moon, or whatever; Bungie calls them “destinations”, which is cute) would have only one “Explore” mission – the free-roaming option.

That suggests there won’t be any extra environments to experience on Earth outside the Cosmodrome. Dague explained that Bungie had to start the game on the Cosmodrome because it’s where humanity’s golden age began, as everyone rushed to reach space.

Dague went on to say that Bungie has revealed every destination for the final build – so Earth, the Moon, Venus and Mars – but hinted that expansions will take humanity outside the solar system once more.
    http://www.vg247.com/2014/07/28/dest...kes-datamined/
    http://destinydb.info/
    http://www.twitch.tv/2old2play/b/551599375

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Bungie is certainly open to some criticisms, but some of your others are misplaced, imo. Not only on twitter (which, how did they bury it..? There's not that much on their twitter feed that it's hard to find.), but well before Saturday, they said it was going to be a two hour block. Yes, they should have said more than just "play during this period," but at the same time, that was all you needed to do. Leaving your character logged in and floating in orbit is not playing, so that part doesn't bother me. Bungie's been doing their weekly updates for years (I think I've been checking them since before Halo 2's release), and do we need more than a weekly update on what's going on in Destiny?

Also, Bungie is pretty responsive (their weekly updates, their forums (where their staff are members), Reddit, twitter). Originally, Iron Banner was nothing more than a stress test. I think the reason it opened up more was because players liked it and wanted more. When people asked if we would get the reward during the Beta for playing during the block, they quickly put out a tweet that said it would be given during the final release (technically it was also part of the tweet that unveiled the banner). And let's face it, as much fun as the moon was, it was essentially a well disguised incentive to get people to put pressure on their servers.

At the end of the Beta, my biggest question (apart from why is it not September 9th yet?) is whether the data will carry over, but I can think of reasonable arguments for both sides. I personally want the things to carry over. I think this was easily one of the most accessible beta tests, and criticisms like "it gives people an unfair advantage" are essentially the same as saying players who get the game at launch have an advantage over those who pick it up later. I also think that giving people rewards from Iron Banner and elsewhere that they couldn't use suggests that things will carry over.

From the other side though, I think the biggest indication that things will not carry over is the money situation. I don't know about others, but I was capped pretty early (I imagine 6souls was as well), and I think the reason for that was that prices were lower during the Beta so people could actually buy a lot of things. If that's the case, it doesn't make sense to raise the costs and let people who played during the beta keep their items -- but then again, apart from my ship and emblem, I don't think I was using any pieces of gear that I had purchased (technically my Phoenix was purchased, but that was costly..).

All that said, the reason Bungie hasn't said, one way or another, is because they haven't decided yet -- I believe I linked an interview during the PS3/4 only beta where they said as much. Then again, if they have decided things will not carry over, saying so probably would have gotten people much less invested in the Beta. I know personally, if they had said things won't carry over, I definitely would not have tried so hard to get a Phoenix.

So what did you have to do to earn this emblem? i was playing iron banner during most of the testing time and i never received a notice on anything earned via grimore etc to do with the stress testing? it was a very vague description on the motd when logging in so that was my only gripe with the whole test.

September 9th needs to happen fast (got 2 days booked off work so i can midnight release and play) because i wanna test out the subclasses

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

You had to do anything other than be in orbit. And there was no notification for receiving it.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    I lost my coffee at "Care. Module. Not Found"

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'm pretty sure nothing carries over. I could view my character when the servers were down Monday/Tuesday, and now there is no character, in the APP. In fact, it says to create a character.

Edit: Now my character is back. Between close and about 1 a.m. CST, gone.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I was level 8 with things unlocked before servers went down, app is showing me level 7 still. With some weapon upgrades missing.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I really don't have an issue of nothing carrying over. Many of us spent far too much time doing the same shit over and over for gear that will only be outdated within hours of gameplay. I'm sure that when the game releases that I'll be able to hit level 20 within a day and I could just as easily go back to those same farming routes seeing as all gear drops scale up to your current level.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

It will stay a split argument by the community until Bungie gives an answer of yes or no.
    While having a small skip forward would be awesome, I do agree that some days of playing will easily obsolete the items/armor/weapons we ended the beta with.
    I wonder what type of tweaks each job will end up with. I focused on Hunter as it appealed to me the most.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Considering people, especially Playstation players, were able to get multiple exotics I doubt they would let characters carry over. That's the biggest reason I can see against it, and that ps players got that extra weekend headstart to get there. They might end up changing how drops work from the chest farming everybody was doing because of that.

I personally would rather they wipe them and have everybody start fresh.

I'd be highly disappointed if i lost my handgun legendary, but it wouldn't make much difference if it was to get rolled back to nothing. i'm sure it wouldn't take more than a day or so to hit max level on a fresh character and be able to start working on legendary items.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    I got into a Lair with randoms the other day, but they quit out at the walker pretty quickly.
    I got in to a random group into the Devil's Lair, and although it probably took 10 times to get through the first three-wave battle, all of us stuck with it through to the end. It was actually a lot of fun. Went from level 6 to level 8 during the process.

Feels like a Noob Question: I played multi-player at level 5, got annihilated, which is much to be expected. Tried it again at level 8, still was by far the worst player on either team, got 0 kills and all my points were through territory acquisition, it seemed like I was getting one or two shot while it would take 4-5 shots to take out an opponent. I went through all of the single player campaign in Russia, did a little bit of the moon, and had Uncommon weapons. It seemed like other players had shields as well, which I didn't seem to have, although maybe that's just how I was interpreting the HUD.

I've never been great at FPS multiplayer, but this was a new low. Was it a requirement by Saturday to have elite weapons to be successful in the arena, or am I just that bad at this?