Closed Thread
Page 207 of 1117 FirstFirst ... 157 197 205 206 207 208 209 217 257 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    youtube.com/watch?v=0OP-mnVBF7Q

Our Atheon battle.

I think PSN is down. I can not connect to Bungie.net or PSN store at all. I've reset my Router and Modem a dozen times over
    240p

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Picked up Monte Carlo on my alt last night from the hard mode chest. First non purchased/bounty exotic after 5 full normal raids, 9 tiers/loot pools of hard raid, 6-7 nightfals, and rank 29 cryptarch.

Anyone have comments on the Monte Carlo? I'm mad I can't melee with the sword!

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adajer View Post
    240p
    Yeah noticed that. Fixing it

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    also we did find that "4th chest" that was mentioned a while back in the templars room, but as the post said it was just spirit bloom. ill try and upload tomorrow though showing exactly where its at

i realize it doesn't show exactly how to get there, but the recording was an afterthought on my part. its around to the left of where the templar sits.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

You take the 'left path' and you jump onto the wall on your right

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

it's weird that it doesn't show up til after the fight (afaik) but doesn't give raid loot, hopefully it's supposed to and they patch it

I'm going to be a little sad when the Shotgun gets patch. Invective is the special weapon for close quarters maps. It's so much fun.

By the way, does anyone know if you can get rewards from doing Vault of Glass on Hard Mode even if you did it on normal the same week?

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

So what do people think of my Valrus solo guide? I'm waiting on Youtube for the audio version to upload

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    Quick observation -- for those of you who get sent, try to space out when you go through the portal. I don't know if you guys had this problem at all (or if Bungie has patched it since the first week), but we found that if two people went through at the same time, the portals occasionally would glitch up and one person would not go through. And then you're on the other side of the portal, and if you go through it, you're facing Aethon which isn't fun. After we set up an order for going through the portal, we've never had a problem (but again, they might have patched it since the first week). Also, whoever was using golden gun, you're better off using a sniper rifle or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
    Picked up Monte Carlo on my alt last night from the hard mode chest. First non purchased/bounty exotic after 5 full normal raids, 9 tiers/loot pools of hard raid, 6-7 nightfals, and rank 29 cryptarch.

Anyone have comments on the Monte Carlo? I'm mad I can't melee with the sword!
    I'm personally not a big fan of the high RoF/low impact rifles, so I haven't really tried it out much. The little I have used it though, I felt it was surprisingly accurate for a high RoF gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharv View Post
    I'm going to be a little sad when the Shotgun gets patch. Invective is the special weapon for close quarters maps. It's so much fun.

By the way, does anyone know if you can get rewards from doing Vault of Glass on Hard Mode even if you did it on normal the same week?
    Mentioned this yesterday (I think), but the chests won't provide new loot (except the last one in the maze?), but the clear points (Oracles, Templar, Gatekeepers, Aethon) will.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I can confirm you only get loot from the chest that is to left side of the maze up the cliff. No other chest will give loot after claiming them in normal.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Quick observation -- for those of you who get sent, try to space out when you go through the portal. I don't know if you guys had this problem at all (or if Bungie has patched it since the first week), but we found that if two people went through at the same time, the portals occasionally would glitch up and one person would not go through. And then you're on the other side of the portal, and if you go through it, you're facing Aethon which isn't fun. After we set up an order for going through the portal, we've never had a problem (but again, they might have patched it since the first week). Also, whoever was using golden gun, you're better off using a sniper rifle or something.
    We had that problem many times. And it always happened to me, the Shield Holder. After a while, I waited a second or two after I went through the portal to make sure I was on the right side. If not, I'd run through again

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hahaha Woooo
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Sharv View Post

Yeah, hard and normal share different loot restrictions per week and if you skip normal and do just hard, you'll get double drops basically. Unsure if that's true for chests or not. We did gatekeeper on hard last night and the people I went with were terrible at staying alive inside portals. There is no respawning/reviving on hard mode for those that didn't know. I'll be trying hard mode again tonight.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiseran Gustaberg
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Working on a new character to run the raid again. Still need hard mode. How hard is it exactly for a 29?

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

The biggest thing is that the damage reduction is 30% even one level below, so things take longer to kill. Our group was half 28 and half 29 when we tried (and failed) it. As a 29, it's noticeable that it takes longer to kill things, but I didn't feel it was especially difficult to manage to get kills or stay alive. Our 28s though had a 40% reduction and I felt they were dying a lot quicker. In fact, I think only 28s ever died before we called a wipe (since there were no revives, if someone died, we'd call a wipe). We only tried it for like thirty minutes though and didn't even make it past the oracles, so Gustave (and Qal?) is probably more knowledgeable.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by elison View Post
    Yeah, hard and normal share different loot restrictions per week and if you skip normal and do just hard, you'll get double drops basically. Unsure if that's true for chests or not. We did gatekeeper on hard last night and the people I went with were terrible at staying alive inside portals. There is no respawning/reviving on hard mode for those that didn't know. I'll be trying hard mode again tonight.
    We are starting from gatekeeper later tonight too. We're going to try a couple different strats probably and see how that goes. Probably left then right, weaken left then grab right, back to left and finish off, and maybe grabbing both at the same time.

So i just desynthed some legendary warlock head as a hunter and it gave me 3 shards. IS THIS INTENDED? i literally had a cameraman jeff moment when it happened. "Ohhhhh sheeet!"

Just got 3 energy from a legendary machine gun i didnt want. guess this intended. but if not im cashing in now lol.

Apparently the patch fixed the "not getting shards from desynthing other purple gear"

This is bitching. ill be 29 soon if i can gather more shit from like a loot cave O_O

Poidh;

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmarelord View Post
    So i just desynthed some legendary warlock head as a hunter and it gave me 3 shards. IS THIS INTENDED? i literally had a cameraman jeff moment when it happened. "Ohhhhh sheeet!"
    yup, 2-3 shards from regular Legendaries.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hahaha Woooo
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

We are starting from gatekeeper later tonight too. We're going to try a couple different strats probably and see how that goes. Probably left then right, weaken left then grab right, back to left and finish off, and maybe grabbing both at the same time.
    We did 3 in, 3 out and weakened left, moved and killed right, back to left. People kept brainfarting the Oracles and were just having a hard time inside portals because they weren't patient enough. As long as the group defending the plates is good, people inside portals have as long as they need to clear shit out.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiseran View Post
    Working on a new character to run the raid again. Still need hard mode. How hard is it exactly for a 29?
    It's hard lol. Mainly there's no room for error. If someone dies you're probably done since 5 ppl will struggle with enough damage output and splitting the damage taken/distraction. Don't expect to take in 6 29s and win.

Everyone needs leveled weapons and specialized gear sets. Depending on your strategies you'll want everyone to be prepared with long range sets, mid range sets, all leveled. Ice Breaker and Gjallarhon really shine. All players should have an exit strategy at any time.

It's hard lol. Mainly there's no room for error. If someone dies you're probably done since 5 ppl will struggle with enough damage output and splitting the damage taken/distraction. Don't expect to take in 6 29s and win.

Everyone needs leveled weapons and specialized gear sets. Depending on your strategies you'll want everyone to be prepared with long range sets, mid range sets, all leveled. Ice Breaker and Gjallarhon really shine. All players should have an exit strategy at any time.

But they told me no rockets D: lmao.