FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

The beta is coming to PS4 and PS3 first.
    http://www.joystiq.com/2013/11/14/de...ps4/#continued

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Given the pedigree of the developer and its many years of work on the Halo franchise, it hasn’t been hard for gamers to get excited about the potential of Bungie’s upcoming Destiny. However, concrete details about the project have remained scarce. How does the game play? What parts are based in the traditions of the classic shooter, and what elements draw on RPGs and MMOs? How does your character grow over time, and what specific activities will aid in that growth? Bungie opened its doors wide to give us the answers, and our January cover story lays out all the info we were able to glean from two days of playing the game, talking with the developers, and witnessing demos set across Destiny’s many worlds.

Check out the January cover image below. Our 14-page exclusive Destiny story includes over 15 brand new screens, in-depth exploration of the many enemy sub-groups, locations, and weapons in the game, and a look at Bungie’s fascinating solution to leveling your hero.

When you’ve had your fill of Destiny details, our January issue also features our final grades for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, along with an extensive analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of each. Our look at titles that have come out for both generations of consoles helps you figure out whether it’s worth re-buying your favorite game from this year. Plus, we interview a bevy of gaming’s top writers to discuss the art of video game endings. We also have six pages of hands-on impressions about Retro’s Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, and previews of Kingdom Hearts III, Infamous Second Son, and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, along with all our reviews of the first batch of next-gen titles.

Print subscribers can watch for their issues to arrive in the coming days. If you subscribe digitally, your January issue will be available later today on PC/Mac, iPad, Android, and Google Play. You can also get the latest issue through third-party apps on Nook, Kindle, and Zinio starting tomorrow.

In addition to our magazine story on Destiny, you can look forward to a full month of coverage here at gameinformer.com, where we’ll feature interviews with Bungie co-founder Jason Jones and composers Martin O’Donnell and Michael Salvatori, details on matchmaking, and much more. Plus, if you’re hungry to ensure your place in the beta, we’ll be giving away 100 Destiny beta codes over the next two weeks – your chance to snag one of the first 25 codes is happening right now.
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ny-296580.aspx
    http://www.gameinformer.com/p/destiny.aspx
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...way-15151.aspx

Another Islam Thread
    BG Level

watching that clip from 0:20 - 0:23, if I didn't know better, I'd think I'm looking at a halo clip. Looks good regardless.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

wonder if the video is 1:17 on purpose

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

[link deleted]

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

That's so far away ; ;

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Now to wait for The Division date. After, and Destiny has nothing to worry about. Before, and I may no longer give a fuck since Division is on PC.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I just hope Ubisoft doesn't rush The Division to get it out before Destiny. We don't need Battlefield 4: Ubisoft edition...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Not having this for summer kinda sucks..but it if means getting a better, more polished game, I can wait.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

gorgeous. hope it plays well and has an interesting story.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Information overview

Still not in it's Final Form, Beta testers can stream gameplay, Beta test begins in a couple months
    Looks like what we saw so far of Destiny is just the beginning, as Bungie gave a few interesting tidbits of information today as part of the weekly update on the game.

First of all we learn that what we’ve seen so far visual fidelity-wise is not the final form of the game:

What you have seen is not even our final form.
    Interestingly enough, we also hear that beta testers (the same post teases a possible start of testing in two months) will not only be allowed to livestream gameplay, but will have a chance to become part of the story of the Bungie’s upcoming title:

We will do far more than allow you to share your glorious war stories from the frontier. We’ll amplify your voices, if they are brave. Some of you will even be selected to play a role in our stories, as we go to war with (and against) our community in the wild for the first time. That will be as glorious a moment for us as it will be for you. Watch this space. We have plans within plans within plans.

Destiny, after all, is a thing to be shared.
    http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02/...-in-the-story/
    http://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=11440
    http://www.twitch.tv/bungie

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://www.totalxbox.com/74976/every...of-halo-reach/
    Big, meet bigger. Bungie software engineer Christian Diefenbach has revealed that each major location in the forthcoming Destiny is "more or less the same size" as an entire game - Halo Reach, to be specific.

Speaking to Brazilian website Jogos, Diefenbach also revealed that there are over 500 people working on Destiny, where 130 people worked on the original Halo.

As you hopefully know by now, the game casts players as Guardians, and sees you exploring the wreckage of a human solar empire for secrets, ancient weapons and things to blow up or run away from. According to Diefenbach, Destiny employs two perspectives: you'll fight in first person while out and about, but exploration of social areas (where you'll meet other players and choose missions) takes place in third person, the better to appreciate your costume and loadout.
    and a couple new screens
    http://mp1st.com/wp-content/uploads/.../Destiny-1.jpg
    http://mp1st.com/wp-content/uploads/.../Destiny-4.jpg

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

nice... what system is this gonna be for, again? and when? i hope "pc/360/xbone" and "2015 or 2016" cos im gonna be buying a new pc this holiday season, aint got spare cash for an xbone, and i know my buddies are gonna get it for that because theyre console peasants

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I don't think they've said anything about PC yet. It's currently scheduled for PS3/PS4/360/XBone and I believe the release date is sometime this fall (assuming it doesn't get delayed).

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

September 9, 2014

Getting it for XBone. Just cuz. Can't wait for this game.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

ugh thats the worst time it could be. looks like i'm gonna go all borderlands 2 on this one; not play it for a while and then hope my eventual playing sparks renewed interest in friends.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 1117 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast