Closed Thread
Page 8 of 1117 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I'm gonna hope it's better than the base model, and you can get better just by playing.

Is this the extent of the new info today though? The video didn't really look like anything to write home about. I was hoping they'd announce when the Beta was starting, but guess that'll be announced at E3?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    i was ok when i thought it was just a cosmetic paintjob, and maybe it's just an early upgrade that you can do manually to yours, idk, but to flat out be like "HAVE A BETTER MOUNT, ONLY AT GAMESTOP" makes me sad
    Just keep your spaghetti in your pocket when you pick it up and you won't have another Roronoa experience. >.>

Couple articles floating around, most of them giving the "Meh" first impression =/

http://kotaku.com/i-played-45-minute...ori-1568127899
    http://www.engadget.com/2014/04/28/destiny-preview/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

PC version "someday"
    Bungie’s Lars Bakken told Eurogamer that adding a PC SKU to the four console versions of Destiny already in the works is too great a task for them to deal with right now, but they may port the expected-to-be-popular game to computers later.

“I wish it was that simple. It’s pretty complicated. That doesn’t mean it can’t happen in the future, it just means it won’t happen right now,” he said.

Bungie is developing all the SKUs themselves, which is what makes it so difficult.

“The (PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360)console SKUs are really important for us and that’s what we’re focusing on,” Bakken explained. “We’re doing it all internally ourselves. That’s a huge endeavour. That’s not something we’ve ever done before.

“So when I’m playtesting and I’m trying to play PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PS3, that’s a lot of work. Adding another thing on there is just crazy. It’s crazy to think of right now.”
    http://www.vg247.com/2014/04/28/dest...to-pc-someday/
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ion-of-destiny

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Got an email from Gamestop about the Red Sparrow. This was in the fine print.

*Exclusive Upgraded Sparrow Vehicle: Upgraded Sparrow paintjob exclusive until 1/1/15. Better acceleration, higher top speed and higher durability plating can be attained through gameplay.

phew.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Just saw a commercial:

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Beta starts in July

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I have an extra beta code, i will post tomorrow... I'm too lazy to go out to the car and get it right now

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05/...ne-3rd-on-ps4/
    Report: Bungie’s Destiny to Get Public Alpha on PS4; Launching on June 3rd

For those that are hungry for Destiny news, there might be something coming quite soon, in the form of a “First Look” public alpha. Reddit users SPUTZNiKZ and scz used their PlayStation stalker skills to track down lead UI designer David Candland up to a PSN store page for the alpha, that marks a release date on June 3rd.

The alpha also appears on Candland’s activities as “Destiny Public Alpha” as you can see below.

Bungie itself mentioned in its latest weekly update “It’s going to be your turn soon. Perhaps even sooner than some of you might think. We’re starting to feel like we’re finally ready for you,” even if “public” alpha probably doesn’t mean that everyone will be allowed in, as much it being open to part of the public for the first time.

Of course this should be considered a rumor until Bungie makes an official announcement, as this kind of things are always prone to last minute changes. One thing is for sure: the time to finally try the game is drawing near.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Cool, my expectations are low though. I can't handle another Scifi TPS heartbreak.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Enter it at www.bungie.net/beta

NTV-THX-74V

if you use it, please say so here so people knows it's used already

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Well, I didn't get it in time, but it's used now.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Alpha Gameplay

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Rumor: 4 Days of extra Beta access on PS4 over the XBone

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Tu'Lia ripoff

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...#post115321786
    There's a lot of confusion here, and we haven't done the best job ever of explaining the game or its structure.

I'm Luke, and I'm one of the lead designers on Destiny.

First, Destiny is structured into Activities.

We've attempted to build a suite of activities that can suit a variety of moods (I want something challenging! I want to chill out with my friends! I want to see where the story goes next! I want to shoot other players!, I want the game to be a cruel dominatrix! et cetera)

These activities come in a bunch of flavors:

Story missions - soloable activities (you can still play them in groups of up to 3!), often with ties to the main story arc of Destiny (the campaign). These activities appear at various Levels (numerical, relative to the player) and choosing a higher level (relative to you) means you're opting in for some additional challenge.

Strikes - 3 player activities, with bosses and loot at the end. Their goal is a highly replayable activity that will - at higher levels - lead you into the loot game.

Explore - cruise around the surface of a planet in Fireteams of up to 3, taking odd jobs and tasks for the City. You can find minerals and resources out in the world that you'll have some use for as you find weapons in Destiny that you want to stick with. This is a lower intensity activity

Raids - 6 player, cooperative required, communication required gameplay. High challenge. We haven't talked much about this yet and I'm not going start that conversation here on NeoGAF

Multiplayer This is for the "shoot other players" mood.

Now, the second part is how the world has been built.

We've structured Destiny's world to have places where you will probably intersect with other players, and places where you won't. We're not going to have players drop into the climax of a mission, but the common landing zones for a given planet? That seems like a great place to see other players running amok in the world.

EDIT: Regardless of what activity you're playing (PVP aside), you'll see players on their own activities, i.e., players beginning a Strike might see a guy collecting Relic Iron on Mars, and a Public Event begins and suddenly everyone is distracted to take down a key Cabal target for a chance at powerful gear and materials to upgrade your best weapons and armor.

A bunch of folks are playing the Alpha now and we're already seeing all kinds of opportunities for places to improve Destiny. I have no doubt that in the Public Beta, we will learn even more from your feedback and experiences.

I'm not going to get into any of the recurring activities or gearing or class stuff today, but I imagine we'll start to try and explain stuff more soon.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by Adajer View Post
    Tu'Lia ripoff