Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
    Zenqa

Stealth "Patched" certain synergy HQ's?

Hi there,

In short, lately i'm seeing my synergy HQ's ( alcide glove-chest-feet-leg in particular ) rate falling dramaticly. I havent made any spreadsheets as of now yet but I can say I used to have about 50% HQ rate on all alcide on perfect conditions ( finishing pre 80%, with a surge, perfect alli-, no leaks, explosions whatsoever ).

I can pretty much say i've been spamming dragon talons and wyrm horns since 3 days and what I noticed is that I somehow managed to get ZERO hq's in about 20 alcide synergies totall.

Some may say this is just incredible bad luck but I think they stealth patched certain HQ rates.. I'm saying this because in general there are less HQ maingear ( nebula, alcide etc ) placed on the AH, from other players as well.

Is anyone else noticing a lower HQ chance on these by chance ?

Thanks in regards

Zenqa

after another 8 NQ session on alcide I think we can conclude they indeed stealth patched this... Too bad SE doesnt announce changes like this, instead they show it us the hard way.. By losing mil´s of gil

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

The reason no one has replied to your thread is because there is a thread at the top of the page for stupid questions and lame speculation based purely on your own bad luck. SE did NOT patch something just because you've had bad luck. Get over it

Zenqa

A "stupid question" ? "Lame speculations" / "bad luck"

well well Zouri, having a bad period ?

I didnt made any spreadsheets, but I made countless synergies and on alcide/nebula I allways maintained a steady 50% HQ. Can show multiple FFXIAH profiles to prove it ( not that you care anyway )

One can say this is a nuts HQ rate and I would agree so its only correct that they patched this. Yet i'm frustrated they didnt announced a single thing when it comes to this change.

And i'm telling you, they DID stealth change it. The AH is floaded with NQ's atm by other players as well because of the nerf on HQ. If you prove me wrong in the end i'll throw my pc out of the window, just for you Zouri.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Get the fuck out

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

leave and never come back.

Zenqa

wow... where is this hate coming from honestly lol. I dont get it, I was just asking a polite question and this is what I get. I´ll take my leave then, no problem.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

After every single update.. something is "ninja patched" just because of bad luck.. Funny how it hasnt changed for anyone but you. They broke your ffxi.... boo hoo.. A friend just went 3/3 on Alcide's Harness +1... They ninja patched his hq rate to 100% !

Zenqa

Just one last thing.. I honestly hope your forum attitude doesnt reflect your RL attitude or it would be a shame. I´m talking to marti and fiev in particular here as this isnt the first time they are giving immature nonsense.

This forum is far from a professional crafting forum where ppl can ask and or/give advice. At least, if thats the intent of this forum..

This is pathetic kids play instead. /farewell

Zenqa

What a coincidence we posted at the same time Zouri. I wonder if the HQ´s your friend got are limited to him-her as an individual. For one I can say that fellow synergy crafters all noticed a lower HQ rate on certain gear. Time will show, i´m gone from this forum / will have a good laugh at some here if it turns out they indeed stealth patched it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Advice:
    Get a larger sample size and sort through your "pre-patch" logs to see if you can nail down exactly what your HQ rate was before.

Then learn some statistics. Google "Binomial distribution." It doesn't actually work for crafting (because it's a 5-state instead of 2-state system), but it's close enough that I'd accept it if you posted it here. If you can't get significance, you probably don't have an effect.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

my comment had absolutely nothing to do with your "test results" and everything to do with asking if zouri was on the rag because she said you were wrong. that's just dickish, and ironic that you'd then play the victim.

as a synergist, i haven't noticed any ninja patch, my HQ rates have remained largely unchanged, sometimes having a bad run or a good one, but pretty much average out. and i'm talking about doing 24-36 synergies in a sitting, which is more than the entire sample size you're basing your results on.

Zenqa

ok

Zenqa

Yeah I understand what you´re saying but you as a synergist knows you cannot put all HQ recipes into one corner. Heck, i´m 1/25 on HQ grim, zero on yhels. Alcide however was a different story, they were well known of having a higher HQ chance; in total I did about 200 alcide synergies with a nice profit marge considering it seemed to HQ the earlier mentioned aprox 50% of the time.

In some occasions I'm also having 25-30 streaks with not a single HQ but thats on other gear.
    On alcide it was about 50% HQ, I´ve seen it dropping tons ( 0 hq's in 30 alcide ) / seeing not a single HQ on the AH by other crafters that used to craft them / other crafters saying they also have either a very bad streak on them or feeling a 'stealth change'.. Then getting a "stupid question - lame speculations - NAH no change!" thrown at me... Made me say that. But Byr was right, I should have proved it with logs and so on. bye

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Haven't you said multiple times now that you're going to leave?

and yet you're still posting?

Go. Away.

DAKPluto

Quote Originally Posted by Zouri View Post
    The reason no one has replied to your thread is because there is a thread at the top of the page for stupid questions and lame speculation based purely on your own bad luck. SE did NOT patch something just because you've had bad luck. Get over it
    This....and closed. Use the stickies for this crap next time. kkthx.