+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead Game     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Finally got around to finishing this. Really good ending, overall a great game, particularly for $20. My only complaint was that episode 5 seemed a little short, but that's a really minor complaint. Looking forward to season 2 for sure. Part of me wants to see a continuation with the surviving characters from this game, part of me wants to see it start anew, maybe in someplace other than Georgia, even.

Spoiler: show
    I loved how the game just ended with Lee's death. There wasn't really an epilogue or a viewpoint switch, which I liked. I'm dead, game over. Tah dah. I was expecting to play Clementine trying to escape the city and get back to the train. I also liked the fact there was no happy reunion with her parents. It's a zombie apocalypse; there are no happy endings.

Kenny's death was off-screen, so I certainly think it likely we might see him alive in Season 2. He might even be the protagonist. I'm glad cutting off my hand didn't actually cure me; I like to see such things end up being fruitless, it feels more real. I'm also curious what happened if you left Clementine's kidnapper alive; was there a conversation, or did he just spend the rest of the time unconscious?

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

5 was shorter than the others. Not ashamed to admit I teared up a little bit at the end.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Looking at the after game stats
    I'm surprised at how many people had Lee cut his arm off. If you're already getting light headed and showing symptoms then that shit is in your blood, no amount of limb removal is going to help you at that point.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

good to know for when people really get bitten

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    good to know for when people really get bitten
    lol bingo!

LazyShell
    BG Level

Just played through all 5 episodes of this... how had I not heard how good this game was? God damn.

I love that the characters aren't superheroes without limits. They have more depth than that. Many of them are downright stupid, naive, or incompetent. They can also be emotional and irrational, and are almost exclusively self-interested. Even the expendable characters have that kind of depth to them. Adds up to some really great immersion if you let yourself get sucked into it.

You can actually develop some connection with or hatred towards so many of the characters, which makes the choices you make that (seem to) determine their fate that much more impactful. Yeah, in reality, the game was fairly linear. But if you stay in the moment and think of every choice and dialogue option as important, that fact is pretty damn well hidden.

Might be considered more of an interactive movie or choose-your-own-adventure comic than a game in a lot of ways, but I really don't care what it classified as. It was a very entertaining story, and was an amazing example of the potential in the zombie genre.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Xbox Live:
    Walking Dead episodes 2-5 are 200 points each today. Episode 1 is free this week, so you can get the entire game for $10, which is by far the cheapest it's ever been on consoles (it's been $10-12 on PC).

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...5-d802584111de

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

yeah i just finished playing through this today and im glad i did. gutwrenching decisions at some points.

kinda sad there was no way to avoid what happened. really hope we get to see what happens with clem in the future. after all that shit shes gotta turn out to be a bad ass

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I'm hoping to see characters return in S2 when it comes out. Maybe some other landmarks from the show/comic series.

I'd really like to know what happens to Christa/Omid. I know the current speculation is they're the two silhouettes Clem sees when she's out in the country, but some of my friends think they're two randoms and Christa/Omid moved on without Clem or died trying to escape the city.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    I'm hoping to see characters return in S2 when it comes out. Maybe some other landmarks from the show/comic series.

I'd really like to know what happens to Christa/Omid. I know the current speculation is they're the two silhouettes Clem sees when she's out in the country, but some of my friends think they're two randoms and Christa/Omid moved on without Clem or died trying to escape the city.
    I really have a hard time believing the Christa and Omid would take off. The problem with the ending is we don't know how much time has passed. Has it been a day? A week? I like to believe it's them and that Clem meets up with them. But that's the optimist in me.

Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I picked up the collector's edition of this game (comes with compendium one of the comics) and holy shit it was amazing. Sometimes would hang on some important parts, but it really got me involved. My little brother and mom ended up watching me play it to figure out what was going on in the story and where it was going to go.

It's sooo veiny

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The Walking Dead Game

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    I really have a hard time believing the Christa and Omid would take off. The problem with the ending is we don't know how much time has passed. Has it been a day? A week? I like to believe it's them and that Clem meets up with them. But that's the optimist in me.
    One theory I have is we see the silouhetes of what we think might be Christa and Omid and it's a swerve. Instead in season 2 you play as new characters and end up in that field and come across Clem. Either way can't for season 2 and what crazy shit they have in store for us.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    True, it's hard to say. I hope it's something that's revolved in S2.

Speaking of S2, I wonder how they can top this:
    http://i46.tinypic.com/11lq2bq.jpg

Manly. Fucking. Tears.

Ridill
    BG Level

Just found out, that in episode 3,
    There's a possible outcome where Duck turns zombie and kills everyone lol

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    Just found out, that in episode 3,
    There's a possible outcome where Duck turns zombie and kills everyone lol
    holy shit that is amazing. I need to do a new playthrough as a dumbass Lee

The game was incredible and gave me more emotions than I ever really wanted to feel to be honest. All I've got to say is 'Ben...' smh. I really can't wait for season 2 however. It's going to suck having to waiting for the content episodically after having gotten a chance to play the first season through in its entirety the first time.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Ridill
    BG Level

I think more people would have killed the stranger themself if they knew how.

and I didn't see the last choice as "Let Lee die" or "Shoot Lee", but more "don't put Clem through killing you", or "make Clem kill you"

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It's genuinely surprising how much this game put you through the wringer with your choices. Going back and reloading to see if there's different outcomes that are better etc.

Ridill
    BG Level

There aren't.
    The game only gives you the illusion of choice. 90% of the time, the choices you make have the same outcome. The other 10%; the outcome is different at the time, but it'll conjoin a little later.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast