FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

The Walking Dead Game

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-764

As you may have heard, last night was Telltale Games' press event where we unveiled the first trailer for Jurassic Park and had a hands-on demo of a scene from the return to Isla Nublar. As well as revealing information about the titles you already knew we were working on we announced five new projects that we have in the pipeline right now.

Get a rundown on our announcements from the press event after the jump!

The Walking Dead

We've partnered with Robert Kirkman, the creator of the critically acclaimed comics series, to create games based in the universe that deal with how the last surviving humans learn to cope with a world full of zombies. Above, is an image done by The Walking Dead artist Charlie Adlard to commemorate the announcement (wallpaper versions of the image available on the official site).

Fables

Our world collides with the domain of fairy tales in our upcoming project based on the award-winning Vertigo comic series by Bill Willingham.

Hector: Badge of Carnage

We're continuing the comedically raunching crime story, with Episode 1 already in the iTunes App Store, in a partnership with Straandlooper Studios. We're also bringing Episode 1 to PC, Mac, and iPad. Watch the trailer above.

Puzzle Agent 2

After the success of the pilot episode of Puzzle Agent, we're going to conclude the story of Nelson Tethers' investigation into the strange occurrences in Scoggins, Minnesota. Watch the trailer above!

King's Quest

Return to the Kingdom of Daventry as we're working on new adventures based on the classic adventure game series!

What's your take on our announcements? Let's hear it in the comments.

King's Quest

Return to the Kingdom of Daventry as we're working on new adventures based on the classic adventure game series!

What's your take on our announcements? Let's hear it in the comments.

For the love of God dont fuck it up. Though it is by the guys who made Deathspank, so I have hope.

http://www.telltalegames.com/walkingdead

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/videogames/2268

First Update in Forever.

Telltale's next game is the long anticipated The Walking Dead, which based on what little we've seen of the game so far, looks pretty good. Of course, their last game based on the Jurassic Park franchise looked good at first too. Telltale just revealed a few screens, the first you can check out below, the rest are waiting after the jump.

But that's not all, we also have a behind-the-scenes video that focuses on the story, which is of course going to be delivered episodically. The game doesn't have a release date yet, but it's coming to pretty much every major platform, including PSN, XBLA, PC, Mac, and Wii. Head past the break for Playing Dead Episode 1!

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Sounds like they want to make a watered-down episode instead of an actual game. Why play this when I can watch the shitty show?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Jefe View Post
    Why play this when I can watch the shitty show?
    fighting words.

tho i have no expectations of this video game. The show is gdlk

Premise "A little girl goes missing while the group stumbles upon a strange farm"

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    Premise "A little girl goes missing while the group stumbles upon a strange farm"
    For a whole 8 episodes or whatever. Zzzzz

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I usually don't reserve a lot of hope for any game based on a movie or tv show. With good reason. They all suck donkey balls. I will be steering clear of this, but I'll still be keeping an eye on it just due to my love of all things zombie.

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    I usually don't reserve a lot of hope for any game based on a movie or tv show. With good reason. They all suck donkey balls. I will be steering clear of this, but I'll still be keeping an eye on it just due to my love of all things zombie.
    Same here, always been praying for a good one since usually they got so much potential but they always fail. I cant think of one move/show to game conversion that was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    Same here, always been praying for a good one since usually they got so much potential but they always fail. I cant think of one move/show to game conversion that was good.
    Not even Goldeneye?

Gameplay is almost at the end. Looks better than I expected, I wish it would be mix of heavy rain with some gunplay type of a thing.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Reznuh
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

the Q&A on the site (which can obviously be bullshit) says gameplay isn't based on QTEs, hopefully anyway

i prepaid it last night along with the "almost everything pack", i'm a big Telltale fan but a bigger Walking Dead fan, i'm really hoping this doesn't go the way of Jurassic Park

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Just finished the first episode and it was pretty neat. Not a huge fan of point and click stuff, but it worked well enough. I wish they would have released the entire game at once though. I did have some sound issues during my playthrough, not often, just a couple of times their lips would be moving and no words would come out.

It's sooo veiny

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Just beat the first episode and it is waaay better then I was expecting, if your a fan of the show/comic pick it up its pretty amazing. Plays a lot better then BTTF did and the choices you have to make are brutal.

Picked up, was pretty good. I picked it up primarily because I had an hour to kill, and ended up killing 3 hours. (fuck)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Wow that was pretty good. Decent voice acting, scenario, interaction. It really surprised me how polished that turned out.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Thiefami View Post
    Wow that was pretty good. Decent voice acting, scenario, interaction. It really surprised me how polished that turned out.
    This ^^

Picked it up, figured it could not hurt for $5.... was very amused, I did not goto bed until 6 am this morning because of this game. lol

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I bought the season pass for $20 today, largely based on the recommendation of the commenters in this thread. I was not disappointed, this game is a lot of fun. I like the point where you have a limited amount of time to decide what to say, and the conversations of others will still go on behind you, there's a lot of "crap, what should I say here?" followed by "Wait, I have to say something!" followed immediately by second guessing of what you just said.

It definitely has a strong Heavy Rain feel, at least so far. The combat has all been QTE so far, which I don't think is a bad thing, but others might. That being said, combat has been a relatively minor part of the game so far, just like the show.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Holy shit, just noticed something.
    Comic Spoilers, so don't read if you haven't read the comic, kind of big spoilers in it.
    Spoiler: show
    I'm about a million percent sure that Lilly (Larry's daughter) is the same Lilly that shoots Lori and her baby. She looks super similar to her. The only thing that bothers me is that in the comic it's spelled "Lilly" and in this it's "Lily", but I've noticed several typos in the text so that could be just another.
    Picture for reference:

Just seems too similar to be a coincidence to me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast