+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Anti-crusade crusader
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    I feel I have to preface this by saying I love that Rift isn't WoW, and I'm loving how it feels more like EQ + fun + class flexibility. That said, if they want to hijack WoW's dungeon finder then I have no qualms with that at all... in fact I would support it wholeheartedly.
    I clearly remember reading an interview that they are trying to implement a dungeon finder tool for Rift, but aren't making an exact replica. They want to take all the problems people said they had with it such as destroying server communities, and fix it. They also mentioned that they might just make it server only, but who knows for sure.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by DDj View Post
    What cleric skills are good for grabing hate? preferably aoe but single target is ok
    Even Justice is your AOE threat move. Once you talent it. Unfortunately Justicar's aren't that great for tanking until the later 20's.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Aristio View Post
    I clearly remember reading an interview that they are trying to implement a dungeon finder tool for Rift, but aren't making an exact replica. They want to take all the problems people said they had with it such as destroying server communities, and fix it. They also mentioned that they might just make it server only, but who knows for sure.
    I like having to run to the instances, and it only requires one person to enter it and all get the option to be ported in. All the game needs is a dungeon search option to find other ppl. It doesn't even have a world chat (lol, I know) or a general chat thats larger then the zone/area.

Anyone found Rare Powder yet or know where to get it? Picked up a blue weaponsmithing recipe and would like to milk it some if I can.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ninita Nita
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Gnomeregan

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Anyone found Rare Powder yet or know where to get it? Picked up a blue weaponsmithing recipe and would like to milk it some if I can.
    You get rare powder from runebreaking blues. Kinda gay you have to use it in weaponsmithing though. Guess i can always craft some blues on my armorsmith send them to my outfitter/artificer to runebreak and then use the rare powder for weaponsmithing! So much hassle

Yeah, I finally got an answer, but the dick wouldn't sell me any saying he had tons. I need to try and catching up my mining/weaponsmithing to my leveling so I can just pick off points as I kill shit. The Iron phase has been kind of miserable, though, as I can't find many veins and I'm still like 7 levels away from Chromite. Still, I'll need lots of Iron to skill up my weaponsmithing. I should work on my foraging, too... but fuck starting another gathering skill from scratch for now.

Am I missing something when building notoriety in Gloamwood? I did the main quest line and other shit, which basically got me to Decorated, but now I need 20k to hit Honored, of which I've only found 3 daily quests that give 175 apiece. Did they really intend it to take 39 days?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Do Darkening Deeps a few times.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

dd gives a fair amount of rep

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Yeah, seems instances are the best way to get notoriety with any ally faction. And on a related note, is Decorated the max notoriety for Scarlet Gorge or did me and another group member just happen to finish FC at Decorated and 0/20000?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

The next tier (above Dec) is probably what you get for running the elite versions of each area's instance.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

That could be a possibility for this area, but it seems out of place considering I was able to get to Honored (the next tier) in Freemarch and Stonefield by running their instances.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Looking for a good instance healing soul tree for post 25 cleric. Been trying a few combos but none really feel so great

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by tonyg View Post
    Looking for a good instance healing soul tree for post 25 cleric. Been trying a few combos but none really feel so great
    What has been your issue? Throughput? Mana? Tanks being gibbed?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I've been using a mostly sentinel build and haven't had any problems main healing at that level range. You can couple this with either purifier or warden, I choose purifier for the shield as I also use this build in warfronts, and the fact that I just don't really like hot's. I also like pairing the +crit chance (flame speaker) from pur w/ the +crit bonus from sent (walk in the light) But warden probably offers better pure healing at this level range, and also offers some nice places to put skillpoints (+mana and +insta heal effect. The 3rd soul doesn't matter.

With main in sent, you'll get an instant cast, 1 moderate heal, and the 3sec cast time big heal in addition to an aoe heal. With purifier, I also get an additional moderate heal. Sent will also give tough the light, which makes your next spell insta cast, which I find pretty useful.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Pyree View Post
    That could be a possibility for this area, but it seems out of place considering I was able to get to Honored (the next tier) in Freemarch and Stonefield by running their instances.
    Honored isn't the highest one. There's one past decorated, which seems to be the current cap right now for zone areas, if I recall.

E. Body
    BG Level

Dumb question but servers with a locked icon next to them = patch day?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

The servers were down for the transition from head start into retail. They went down around 6am, and I think are scheduled to come back up right around now. You should start seeing the servers unlock pretty soon.

Link: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...GMT-2-hours-**

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Funny question, but how exactly do you chat in the general chat channels? There's no option for it in the button.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

/(number) I believe. But that could be the Aion creeping into my head.