+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

I assume you rolled on Cloudeborne with the Boon again. For a PVP server it sure is pretty shit at the moment and there is nothing other then the possibility of killing someone whilst they are questing and 9/10 times they don't even care about attacking you anyways. You should get your guild to attack Meridian or something, needs some shit to be starting, even the Server forums don't have any drama yet apart from some guy crying about AFK'ers in WF

I don't care, make something up!
    BG Level

I can't see how people are bored at cap, have you cleared all t1 experts, I doubt you've done every t2, expert rifts, outdoor raid bosses, newly introduced raid rifts, raid has just been made HARDER. I guess I can see it if you play solo.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Jintu View Post
    I can't see how people are bored at cap
    This.

I can't fit enough experts in one day, they take so long. Been 50 for a week only just got my first epic from plaques.

I did an expert rift a few days ago, if you ask me they are a huge waste of time lol. It's very DPS intensive and if you do win you only get one epic at the end and that's if you managed to do the bonus rounds. I guess it's a quick and free epic but I dunno just didn't seem worthwhile to me.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Jintu View Post
    I can't see how people are bored at cap, have you cleared all t1 experts, I doubt you've done every t2, expert rifts, outdoor raid bosses, newly introduced raid rifts, raid has just been made HARDER. I guess I can see it if you play solo.
    http://i54.tinypic.com/att1ms.jpg

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffes View Post
    well then, raid?

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I think you're overlooking the point, even if you only dinged 50 today and can do 1 expert dungeon/day you're going to be finished in 2-3 weeks max, then raid?

I don't want to "redo" wow with a slightly nicer engine, I want something different.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

That's MMOs, bud. If you race to the top quickly, you're going to find yourself doing the same things quite a bit. If you're getting burned out this quickly, then take a break or quit. Or, you can pray that your server has some good cross-faction PVP going on and get into that.

There isn't a MMO on the market that doesn't have a shit-ton of tedious work back-loaded into the top of the game. It is what it is.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

Hopefully the game isn't at the top. In WoW, you leveled so fast that the end game was/is all that matters. I can remember asking in my guild if they thought "Blue Gear X" was better than "Blue Gear Y" and they would often respond with "Just pick one and move on. Get to END GAME NAO!!!". Personally, I can't stand that. I hated the FFXI grind some days. The waiting in Jueno for 8 hours waiting on an invite but at the same time, grouping was almost always interesting and fun. You got to meet people, play your class as it's intended role and also get to learn how to play with others. I miss that in WoW. I get bored (lonely? lol) sometimes in the game because I login, do dailies/bg hop/queue for random and then on dedicated nights, raid (which is the most fun the game has to offer outside of pvp). I miss the harmony of grouping and leveling and the fulfillment of reaching the end game. RIFT has been out a little more than a week and people have hit cap and blown through the content. /sadface

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

There's plenty to do if you want to roll around without leveling fast. People that want to hit the top are guilds that are pushing for server firsts. That crowd is in every game. There's no need to /sadface about it. If you play something for hours a day, you're going to progress through it quickly; end of story. You have guilds that have members that basically never sleep, and do nothing but play the game.

Why should you feel sad about what someone else does in the same game? If you want to take it slow, take it freakin' slow. The choice is yours, but its always better to have that choice than not. My love of "Grouping" comes not from random pickups, but from "grouping" with my guild to get shit done, be it warfronts, instances, questing, rifts, raids, or just plain dicking around.

To each their own. If someone is getting burned out from grinding to cap in under 2 weeks, then take a damned break. Why complain about exercising your choice and not being happy about it later?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

My point is that I hope there is enough content along the way to keep the leveling enjoyable without having to blitz towards the top. It always feels like a race in WoW to get to the top. That could be because the game is approaching 7 years but still, it's like a constant rush to the next zone. None of the gear along the way means anything. It's just race to point X, quest grind as fast as possible and move on. Grab a mount here and there and ya done.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Leveling is already enjoyable without having to blitz to the top. What the hell can a company do to make people want to level slower? The only thing I can think of is to remove server first announcements and take away high level content, because that's why most people are plowing to the top. I understand your point, but how can a company slow people down without jacking up the grind?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

The nature of any MMO is replaying content. It has to be this way, it's simply impossible for developers to make content as fast as players can progress through it once. Really, it would be impossible for any game, not specific to a MMO, games just take far longer to make than they do to play. It's less obvious for traditional, offline games, where the development timeline isn't obvious to the player because they just buy it when it's done, but it still took a large team a couple of years to make that game for you to play through in a week. MMO's are designed a little bit differently, though, because their goal is to make replayability enjoyable to keep you playing during the long process of making more content. If you're the type that doesn't enjoy replaying content, then MMO's aren't really meant for you.

And it's not "redoing" WoW, it's "redoing" every single MMO that is continuously updated (most of them).

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Rift is designed to be a top heavy game, they developers have said that already - they want people to get to max level. There is plenty of content out right now to hold people over until the next content patch, which the developers have been working on for months already. The last boss of the first 20 man raid still hasn't been killed yet.

I'm still trying to figure out the logic between the factions having camps right next to each other in the later zones.

Then again, I hate forgetting I might be near the Defiant side or round the corner in a new area just to have a bunch of level 50s descend upon me in a rage of hahaurpwned.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

t1-2 is what content? I assume t3 is 20m raid?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

T1: Realm of the Fae, Iron Tomb, The Foul Cascade, King’s Breach, Fall of Lantern Hook
    T2: Darkening Deeps, Deepstrike Mines, Runic Descent, Abyssal Precipice, Charmer’s Caldera

After that it's the 20-man raid, Greenscale, which i don't believe is called tier 3.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

Is T1 and T2 5 mans or 10 mans?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

both are expert modes of the dungeons. 5-man.

BG Level

technically I believe they said they labeled the gear as t1 for experts, t1.5 for t2 experts, and t2 for raid but who wants to use .5 for anything

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

So then what are open world raid rifts (10 man) categorized as? what tier of gear in progression... is it t2.5? There are significantly more 10 man open world raids then 20 man raids atm (there is only 1) so it has to have a bulk of the gear

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast