Closed Thread
Page 266 of 352 FirstFirst ... 216 256 264 265 266 267 268 276 316 ... LastLast
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

And to add to the Darwinism. Man was confronted by BART police for smoking on the platform waiting for a train. Kept giving fake names and getting more and more aggressive. Reached his hand into his pants, got tazered and in the process, managed to pull the trigger on his gun, shooting himself in the stomach. Not dead, but critically injured.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/brea...d-due-shooting

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Teen decides to take selfies of himself with a gun he found. Blows his fucking head off in the process.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/02/us/man...ing/index.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyreth View Post
    Darwin award achieved.
    you can give the BART guy the award, a teenager accidentally killing himself is tragic

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

God damn the first thing you should be doing when you grab a gun is checking whether the safety is on. Fuck that teenager for being a dumbass. Tragic to his family for sure. Morbidly hilarious to anyone with gun discipline.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

This. If you are going to show off how gangsta you are, at least clear the fucking chamber and empty the clip.

GATTACA!

BG Level

because 19 year olds trying to look gangsta in a selfie are renowned for their knowledge of proper gun discipline

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Then someone fucking failed that kid. There's nothing difficult about teaching a kid that you don't point a gun at anything you don't intend to shoot and that the safety should be activated if you're not about to actively shoot something.

Gun safety rules are very simple to understand and children are not stupid. Teenagers even less so. If there are teenagers winning Nobel Peace Prizes, a teenager can understand that pointing a gun at yourself is extremely reckless.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    Then someone fucking failed that kid. There's nothing difficult about teaching a kid that you don't point a gun at anything you don't intend to shoot and that the safety should be activated if you're not about to actively shoot something.

Gun safety rules are very simple to understand and children are not stupid. Teenagers even less so. If there are teenagers winning Nobel Peace Prizes, a teenager can understand that pointing a gun at yourself is extremely reckless.
    This. I learned those simple rules by age eight, and I've never handled a gun with anything but the utmost reverence.

I've seen the argument being made for gun education in the classroom, as it is just as vital as sex education in this fucked-up country we live in. At first, I was highly skeptical about that having a positive impact and just making more little shits want to go pick-up a gun. Ignorance is always more inherently dangerous than the potential of making guns somehow appeal cooler to little juvenile idiots than they already do in the movies.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Sex education is by far more important. Sadly most districts spend little to nothing. Won't get to put on a rubber on a banana for the future generation. Lol.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post

Absolutely, which is why it's a tragedy, not "loldarwinism." He didn't know any better, and it cost him his life.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Absolutely, which is why it's a tragedy, not "loldarwinism." He didn't know any better, and it cost him his life.
    I see where you are coming from but I can't agree with that completely. A kid, sure I'm with you on this line of reasoning, but this dude was 19. If you don't know by 19 years on this planet Earth that putting a gun to your head is a VERY BAD IDEA, then yeah, a Darwin Award is in order.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    I see where you are coming from but I can't agree with that completely. A kid, sure I'm with you on this line of reasoning, but this dude was 19. If you don't know by 19 years on this planet Earth that putting a gun to your head is a VERY BAD IDEA, then yeah, a Darwin Award is in order.
    it was in the throat. not hard to imagine a scenario where the kid doesn't realize how easily a gun can fire and shoots himself while fumbling around with it

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    This. I learned those simple rules by age eight, and I've never handled a gun with anything but the utmost reverence.
    But what if they're fucking deathly afraid of anything that shoots. They might not get that fucking close up to them to check out what type of shooting monstrosity it is. They might avoid guns like the fucking plague as it is. If they see a thing that looks like it could shoot them, they're "NOPE-ing" out of there faster than a fucking bullet (ha). So no, they might not know the difference. Guns are terrifying, and there's no reason for those people to learn anything about them except for AVOID.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

While I get why people are discussing the kid shooting himself and whether it's a tragedy or lolDawinism, I do find it interesting that not a single person is like "why did a teen find a random loaded gun? Where the fuck did that come from?" I feel like you're all kind of ignoring the bigger issue here.

But lolAmerica and lolGunControl and black people and Texas and go rah-rah NRA and shit right?

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    While I get why people are discussing the kid shooting himself and whether it's a tragedy or lolDawinism, I do find it interesting that not a single person is like "why did a teen find a random loaded gun? Where the fuck did that come from?" I feel like you're all kind of ignoring the bigger issue here.

But lolAmerica and lolGunControl and black people and Texas and go rah-rah NRA and shit right?
    Only ignoring that here because that debate is beaten to death in its own thread in the Youtube section. But you are correct, the proliferation of guns is at the heart of the issue.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post

Only ignoring that here because that debate is beaten to death in its own thread in the Youtube section. But you are correct, the proliferation of guns is at the heart of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    you can give the BART guy the award, a teenager accidentally killing himself is tragic
    A teenager stupid enough to pick up a strange gun, take pictures with it while pointing it at himself is stupid enough to be a pleasant removal from the gene pool.

And the BART guy lived and can still breed, meaning he's ineligible.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Yeah, I'm not going to feel bad for an adult aged human being that is dumb enough to do that. Sorry, not sorry. This is coming from someone who was shot as a child by a gun that was laying around. Sad when children are involved. This guy wasn't let down by family or the system for not knowing gun control. No. I'd hit you with a damn newspaper if I could.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enzan Red
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I can't really feel bad for a guy that age that is willing to pose with anything capable of ending a life without first checking it is safe to do so. That is like those people dumb enough to try and take a selfie with a wild animal in the background and getting mauled in the process. Or the girl that got on top of a train to take a selfie after being warned not to due to the electrical lines, and then got sent flying off by the electrical current. Ended up with burns everywhere, and later died in the hospital. I just don't understand why people do such dumb shit for a photo.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    This. If you are going to show off how gangsta you are, at least clear the fucking chamber and empty the clip.
    It's stuff like this that reminds of the video where dude accidentally tasered himself while his buddy and girl looked stoned as fuck laying around. At least he didn't die.