Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 200 of 365 FirstFirst ... 150 190 198 199 200 201 202 210 250 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Tracker     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

It seems ironic that they are doing this, when they said the reason they didn't want to add to pool, was because people could then merch items, etc. Seems in the end, this will do the same thing anyways. People will just sell their tickets for a lot, and in the end, what they were trying to prevent will happen anyways.

Don't get me wrong, im all for this, but it just seems a little stupid to go through all of this, and not just do add to pool. Hell, if anything, this will just drive the prices up on the item as a whole, lol.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

This is better than adding to the pool, gtfo.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Im not saying it isn't. Nor am I against it. Im just saying its funny how they are pretty much doing what they said they didn't want to do and are actually making it cost more to buy doing it this way.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

If you merch the item, the only sellers are linkshells. The supplier becomes limited and the highest bidder wins. If you don't merch the item, anyone can be the seller and the highest bidder wins. Their problem with merching doesn't stem from people helping each other out. Their problem stems from that fact that merching is tailored towards helping the people who already have the means to help themselves.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    If you merch the item, the only sellers are linkshells. The supplier becomes limited and the highest bidder wins. If you don't merch the item, anyone can be the seller and the highest bidder wins. Their problem with merching doesn't stem from people helping each other out. Their problem stems from that fact that merching is tailored towards helping the people who already have the means to help themselves.
    It sounds like people will just be able to bazaar the tickets for insane quantities of gil. Unless they put some restrictions on being able to turn items in if you have the Abyssite to pop said NM, people who have never done VW will be able to buy the best items you can get from it.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    It sounds like people will just be able to bazaar the tickets for insane quantities of gil. Unless they put some restrictions on being able to turn items in if you have the Abyssite to pop said NM, people who have never done VW will be able to buy the best items you can get from it.
    I really doubt SE will make this one abusable at all. While yes you might be able to get the best items, they clearly stated that they are adding different tickets for different items. Maybe different by Slot and different by VW path.

For example if you wanted kaggens body the mekira(however its called) you would need 5 body tickkets from the Jeuno VW part 1 path, resulting in haveing 5 other people get their bodys twice either at pil/kaggen/akvan. How many times does that seriously happen? I never got a body twice in the countless VW fights I did, never...

I seriously doubt that things like wroth scythe, or kaggens fuck eye etc will be items that will become tickets.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    I really doubt SE will make this one abusable at all. While yes you might be able to get the best items, they clearly stated that they are adding different tickets for different items. Maybe different by Slot and different by VW path.

For example if you wanted kaggens body the mekira(however its called) you would need 5 body tickkets from the Jeuno VW part 1 path, resulting in haveing 5 other people get their bodys twice either at pil/kaggen/akvan. How many times does that seriously happen? I never got a body twice in the countless VW fights I did, never...

I seriously doubt that things like wroth scythe, or kaggens fuck eye etc will be items that will become tickets.

You must not do VW with mules, they get multiple body drops all the time....wish I was joking.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post

I am not talking about mercing, I mean people just looking around in Bazaars and buying the tickets they need for the best items available.

Honestly, I think a better system would be if an item appears in someone's pool that has it already, that item gets moved into someone else's pool. (Preferably, someone who can equip it.)

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I honestly hope they require people to have done content to be able to use tickets...

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's a lovely incentive for people not to do content. Remember we talked about how SE needs to take charge of game's economy and flush some gil out of the system? I think they went the opposite way about it.

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    I honestly hope they require people to have done content to be able to use tickets...
    A clear or being on respective abyssite in order to buy an item would stabilize this system.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

Legion will filter some of the gil out quickly seeing as you can spam it all fucking day long as long as people arent in there

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus View Post
    A clear or being on respective abyssite in order to buy an item would stabilize this system.
    You should have the title from the relevant NM to be able to trade tickets for loot...hopefully thats how SE will implement it.

You guys need to get out in forcee on the OF and make sure non-retard voices are heard. A quick glance and I already saw a few people complaining about being able to buy gear.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Legion is going to be a gigantic gil drain on the economy, provided it's not overly challenging and the rewards are worth it.

I'm with Septimus though, here's to hoping to be able to use the tickets you have to have access to the fight, or anyone will be able to get this stuff.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

god the shit some scrubs post..."you can sell shit instead of giving shit to your LS now"...what the fuck, seriously??

It's a good thing VW was never intended to be an LS event

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

You'd be surprised how many dumdums operate it as one

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

Hmmmmph you think this will be a viable event to do as a LS to get people their shit quickly? Just pool together tickets and get people gear and move on to the next VWNM? Assuming the tickets aren't going to be cheap as hell.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Apelila View Post
    Legion is going to be a gigantic gil drain on the economy, provided it's not overly challenging and the rewards are worth it.

I'm with Septimus though, here's to hoping to be able to use the tickets you have to have access to the fight, or anyone will be able to get this stuff.
    Well with the VW loot NPCd, one Legion will about compensate 2-3 VW fights of gil spilled in?

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Does anyone have any idea what this JP Dev post today says? Best I can make out is something to do with Treasure Hunter?