+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Airenn View Post
    Sec, I'll find it...

It's "MyGear" -- Not sure where I found it. Possibly the XiClaim site, which I have access to via a friend. When EasyMac died for me, I looked for a rep program, lol.

Edit: I think this thread should now be about addons/bots and where to fucking find them. At least the free ones. Fuck FFXI dead game, make this shit easier and time efficient, please. I never used AllSeeingEye, I'll have to give it a try. I used ApRadar for seeing underground shit, but I don't think it can target it.
    Its called QuickMac, or at least the first one after EasyMac was called that. It still works, if someone is in need just send me a pm.

MyGear works ten times better, lol.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Guess I just never went looking for a new one, because this one still works.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i'm too paranoid to use anything outside apradar, but that mygear sounds interesting.

The one thing that I'd kill for is something to help me make spellcast files. I have no programming knowledge whatsoever so when my friend is busy/can't get ahold of I have to figure it out myself, which reallyyyyy blowssss.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    I remember someone posting that Allseeingeye sends bad packets to the server or something if you targeted things before they spawned. Any truth to this?
    Every packet that goes to the server contains your target, but I doubt they check it since claim bots (early age ones at least) set your target to the NM before it popped.

You can actually read another persons target through memory, so the server is sending and receiving everyone's current target constantly.

I do know for a fact that an action on an unpopped target does get your flagged due to a user of mine saying he loaded my packet spammer on an unpopped mob by accident and was banned. But I cannot say if it was due to the action on an unpopped mob, or sending a provoke packet on every outgoing packet was detected.

Quote Originally Posted by Limlight View Post
    i'm too paranoid to use anything outside apradar, but that mygear sounds interesting.

The one thing that I'd kill for is something to help me make spellcast files. I have no programming knowledge whatsoever so when my friend is busy/can't get ahold of I have to figure it out myself, which reallyyyyy blowssss.
    It's not hard to figure out; I have two friends that have no programming knowledge and they write their own (really update from existing) and only use me to validate or help fix obscure errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafai View Post
    I do know for a fact that an action on an unpopped target does get your flagged due to a user of mine saying he loaded my packet spammer on an unpopped mob by accident and was banned. But I cannot say if it was due to the action on an unpopped mob, or sending a provoke packet on every outgoing packet was detected.
    Pretty sure its the latter.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Mafai View Post
    Every packet that goes to the server contains your target, but I doubt they check it since claim bots (early age ones at least) set your target to the NM before it popped.

You can actually read another persons target through memory, so the server is sending and receiving everyone's current target constantly.

This goes back to the days when people claimbotted. To counter claimbotting, SE introduced a serverside check on how fast you targetet/claimed any spawning mob. If you were too fast, you'd get flagged. This was approximately when they also added the random timedelay before a popped target could be claimed. From what it sounds like, this AllSeeing-thing could get you flagged for targeting too fast in the same manner as the oldschool claimbots.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Issah Grimes
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yeah I don't think I would risk targeting anything with all seeing eye on. Like there is def a mandy npc with an orange on it's head next to the magian moogles I'm not trying to click or target it since it shows you shit that's not even supposed to be visible yet.

Ooo, I want to see that. I am gonna hold off on the targeting thing, cause really, I pop ???'s faster than JPs anyway.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Iremire View Post
    Yeah I don't think I would risk targeting anything with all seeing eye on. Like there is def a mandy npc with an orange on it's head next to the magian moogles I'm not trying to click or target it since it shows you shit that's not even supposed to be visible yet.
    I'm gonna log you on and touch the orange

Would mods go mayad and ban me if I link some of the shit I use? (I can do free only if that "makes it any better.") I got a few PMs asking me about crap but I just generic linked them. I'd be happy to specifically link certain shit here though.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I would think sharing apps that make the game more efficient is much less taboo than the topic used to be.

Yea but BG is BG. I actually LIKE BG and don't wanna fuck up on these forums. Any other website I could care less if I was banned from, but I get info and talk to people on here. I don't know if BG is still set in the ways of NO APPS or not. But I would be more than happy to share small things that help speed up the game and what not.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I'm pretty sure the "policy", if there was one since Maury's bot users were exposed years ago, was that talking about bots and things (particularly because botting, as well as the acknowledgment of botting, was so commonplace at that time) were okay on the forums. Providing direct links to the apps themselves were not.

Times may have changed since then, but then again maybe they haven't.
    I expect you could make a simple Guildwork site, and simply link to whatever you want using the pages function.
    Putting a Guildwork URL in your BG sig would work from there.