+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 92 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 ... LastLast

Yeah the JP government isn't being straight I don't think. I'm too confused from conflicting information atm, but I'm going to assume the government is lying to safeface/prevent panic until I see some solid proof otherwise. There was just too much conflicting info before the PM spoke.

Also, wouldn't dumping sea water on it create a poisonous gas...? >.>

Final Fantasy XI Music Devotee

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vianne Nys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I've just been told there's been a grade 5 replica of the earthquake

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Obviously this shows that mother nature knew the reactor would meltdown, so it created a tsunami in an attempt to cool it down.

5.0 just hit fukushima area just now

Also, they are neutralizing fission with sea water and boric acid as part of their plan to reduce risk.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Well, sea water is composed of water and salt. The worst thing that could be produced is chlore, but it probably wouldnt be too bad in a wide open area since it's very reactive and wouldnt last that long.

Quote Originally Posted by popsiclestix View Post
    5.0 just hit fukushima area just now

Also, they are neutralizing fission with sea water and boric acid as part of their plan to reduce risk.
    Which reactor though? I'm pretty sure it's far too late for this in reactor 1.

Also, what does the post saying a Grade 5 Replica mean? O.o

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    Obviously this shows that mother nature knew the reactor would meltdown, so it created a tsunami in an attempt to cool it down.
    There is no such thing as mother nature, silly. It was God's doing.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    There is no such thing as mother nature, silly. It was God's doing.
    I know you're being funny, but there are people who have actually told me this, and that it was a sign of the end times. REPENT!

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    I know you're being funny, but there are people who have actually told me this, and that it was a sign of the end times. REPENT!
    Good advice.

Dates:
    9/11 - obv
    1/11 - haiti
    3/11 - japan

All the eleventh, the first three signs. 3+11=14, the number of months since Haiti. And the two that started it all: 9+11 1+11 = 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Good advice.

Dates:
    9/11 - obv
    1/11 - haiti
    3/11 - japan

All the eleventh, the first three signs. 3+11=14, the number of months since Haiti. And the two that started it all: 9+11 1+11 = 2012.
    From Facebook? XD

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by GentaiShinigami View Post
    From Facebook? XD
    From my mind, math don't lie

Also, hearing from WNN that a worker died at FUK-1 reactor 1, and another at FUK-2 reactor 3 received a dosage of 106 mSv which is deemed acceptable in emergency situations. This could mean they are having more serious issues at FUK-2 now. Apparently several reactors are all exhibiting the same signs FUK-1 reactor 1 showed at the start, and liek I think 7 are being prepared to be emergency vented such as FUK-1 earlier on. Very interesting to watch.

Edit (just a joke before someone misinterprets it while I sleep):

Dates:
    9/11 - obv
    1/11 - haiti
    3/11 - japan

9+11+3=23
    1+11+11=23

>=P

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

They're just not having any break from these problems.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Also, hearing from WNN that a worker died at FUK-1 reactor 1, and another at FUK-2 reactor 3 received a dosage of 106 mSv which is deemed acceptable in emergency situations. This could mean they are having more serious issues at FUK-2 now. Apparently several reactors are all exhibiting the same signs FUK-1 reactor 1 showed at the start, and liek I think 7 are being prepared to be emergency vented such as FUK-1 earlier on. Very interesting to watch.

Edit:

Dates:
    9/11 - obv
    1/11 - haiti
    3/11 - japan

9+11+3=23
    1+11+11=23

>=P
    Also, 9 + 1 + 3 = 13, the supposed day in December that the world will end!

Spoiler: show
    ... for some timezones! It depends on which timezone God follows! If he lives on Kiribati and as such use UTC+14, the above naturally don't apply. It also raises the question whether or not God follows daylight savings. And, of course, that also means doomsday happens on the 11th somewhere, need I say more.

Thus we can conclude that God resides in UTC+13, satisfying all the possible combinations and predictions.

It is also considered an unlucky number.

Went to bed for awhile, looks like things have stabilized a bit. Any reliable status updates?

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

more details about the explosion and the current effort to bring down the reactor's temperature by flooding it with sea water: http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapc...ear/index.html

so higher radiation was caused by the controlled gas outlet and is now falling. if (and that's a big if) nothing else goes wrong, the situation should be stabilized within the next two days. that's their estimate of how long it will take the sea water to level the reactor's temperature.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

everytime i see the tsunami video on bbc, i feel very sad and scared

it is not as bad as what we see in movies(200m tall tidal waves) but this is very real...

i fear the worse for earth and being only 30 years old and many years ahead of us....i fear the real catastrophe will come....

god bless people in japan atm and god bless us all

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

My real concern is that these buildings in the metropolis areas hold up. They are designed for this, but they've already taken two large quakes (7.2 > 8.9 although diminished inland), and are having literally hundreds of aftershocks a week. Over time even the best designs can be shaken apart.

Also, don't know if you keep up with the news Eaglestrike, but Tokyo governor Ishihara is bashing on otaku goods pretty hard (going as far as to say otaku have corrupted DNA lol), and the person running in the next election has vowed to ban violent games. Tokyo is the center of development of those goods so it's pretty much a country-wide ban in that case. That's neither here nor there atm though just wanted to make you aware of that. You can Google for tons of info on it as that's probably a bigger threat to anime/manga/games than this.
    I could give two shits about ecchi or violent anime. OP is the best story ever and plenty of other stuff is enjoyable. And a far greater loss would be the loss to tech advancements like robotics which I'm fairly certain Japan is leading the world in. I bet if this happened a couple years later they'd have all sorts of robots to help with this shit. Granted maybe they'll be developing more heavily into robots to help in these situations now.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Deep Impact was about a comet hitting the Earth. In that movie, the President was black! A coincidence? I THINK NOT! We guuna die!

Dr. Edwin Lyman (nuclear expert) came on CNN and basically said that the Japanese engineers using sea water (salt water) to cool down the reactor is an "act of desperation." He was talking to Fredricka Witfield on CNN...Is he right or wrong???

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag