FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Oh man I gotta free up my weekend to binge watch this shit.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

S3 came out today CMON YALL

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

It's finally live? I wanted to watch an episode before work today and it still wasn't up.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

It's up, I just watched the first ep.

GATTACA!

BG Level

ep. 2

Spoiler: show
    lol at crying sex

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The monument valley stuff was lulzy as fk, wonder how much they paid for that.

marathoned this yesterday

It was kind of funny actively saying to myself "I wonder when they're going to give him grey hair?" and then it happening an episode or two later. I'd say it was a very mediocre season. The season finale was also lacking. I'm not really anticipating the next seasons like I was at the end of 1 or 2

i actually laughed at the finale, they tried so hard to make it an impactful moment but it wasnt lol

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Finished.

Lack luster season. Weak ass finale. "I'm leaving you." The highlight of the season was Episode 6 when Michael hung himself in the Russian prison with Claire's scarf.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Finished watching as well.

Meh, this is why the British version is better - it runs it's course and does it well, it never drags. Would recommend watching that instead, 18 hours and it's all done, rather than 39 hours and season 3 being nothing but filler to get a 4th season because it's the crown in netflix jewels.

GATTACA!

BG Level

I guess I'm in the minority, I liked it better than S2. It might have felt slow watching one episode a week but for a three day binge I had no issue with the pacing.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

S1 >= S2 > S3

On par for the course, really. Frank's scheming to get to the top was obviously going to be the best part of the show; no one should have expected him at the top to somehow be better than the power grab grind itself. The reason why the story seems like a drag to most people is because they did not recognize the change in pacing of the story. Frank had done away with or converted all of his major enemies in season 1 & 2, so with it goes the high octane pacing of the story. He made the Presidency. There is no where to go but downwards and or plateauing, which is all of what season 3 (and possibly season 4) was about, so with it comes the more pragmatic pacing that day-to-day Oval Office work is known for. Frank does bring back his epicness by episode 2-3 however.

I did love how much of season paralleled real life (Oval Office circumventing Congress, LBJ throwbacks, second term campaigning, ISIS chatter, US/Russia relations, hurricane disaster relief, etc). I appreciated the season because even if all of it is fabricated, it gives everyone a taste of the going-ons of the Oval Office could be like on a day-to-day basis and exactly why the job gives all of our Presidents grey hairs in the first place.

Season 4 should be great now that his greatest enemy has potentially been revealed.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

I liked it, but there were a couple of things that I felt were done pretty poorly / wasted time.

- The author character ended up seeming pointless despite having a lot of red herring shit and seemingly important things going on. He was an enormous plot device.
    - Don't give a fuck bout Remy and Jackie
    - Doug and Rachel story spans the entire season? I love Doug, but they got literally nothing done with him except for going through family/sorbeity suff and finally killing her. Sooo much stretching out there

yeah doug was a worthless little bitch this season

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Oh and one more thing about him that really annoyed me

His entire deal with Heather made 0 sense.

1. I'm gonna dangle this journal in front of her
    2. Ok whatever she wont take it fine
    3. Ok fine Ill work for her maybe I will get secretz for frankie-senpai
    4. Only good info he gets is about the joint decision to suspend campaigning which doesn't end up helping frank AT ALL in fact he may not have even told him first
    5. Goes back to the journal thing but burns it

"I had to get her to trust me"...? You got no fuckin info out of her whatsoever the entire time, and now she knows one of the Underwoods' secrets. Good work Douglas

also laughed at

everything said in that stupid primary debate

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Was enjoyable but nowhere near as good as the other 2 seasons. Saw the final "twist" coming from a mile away.

Should not have taken an entire damn season to get Doug back to his normal groove.

I feel like this is gonna be the throwaway season that could've been done in a few episodes based on all the development we got.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

On episode 8 atm is there a reason that Benito Martinez left the series? i know they came up with a story for getting rid of his character but just seems odd to get rid of one of Franks most seen adversaries that had been built up last season.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I liked Doug's story. And wasn't the journal's alleged contents a plot line in season 2? He didn't bring any new story to the table, just the missing proof.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast