+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

"What you looking at" was quite good when he was losing his shit after the business with his wife and Russias president.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Best 4th wall break:
    Spoiler: show

Supreme Court Justice tells Frank he'll stay on the bench while he's still well enough
    Frank walks behind chairs and says to camera: Must I destroy this man?
    SCJ: Mr. President?
    Frank to camera: No. I won't.
    SCJ: Excuse me?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

worst season up to date, the season just ended abruptly. I kept waiting for a climax but it never came.

Road Tinnies
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

what an anti climax to end the season out...

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    not sure if this will be an unpopular opinion, just finished the last episode today. by far the worst season of house of cards. i would have rather it ended after season 2 and there had been no season 3
    Just finished the season now and this is my opinion.
    Should've stopped at S2

Absolutely nothing happened the entire season. Amworks never happened. The hurricane never happened. The book never happened. War in the middle east never happened. Nothing happened.

i dont want to see the slow unraveling of frank underwood. it is called house of cards for a reason, netflix needs to stop being scared to lose the series and go all in with ending it

Saying nothing happened is a gross exaggeration. Mainly, not a whole lot went as planned. The only real winner at present seems to be Doug, both for recovery and revenge. I have no doubt, however, he'll fuck up next season.

Perhaps the big issue is that in the absence of the bad guys winning, which the first 2 seasons portrayed, we don't actually have good guys manifesting to claim the win, either.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Season 4 announced for 2016. they're riding on the coattails of the election.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Saga View Post
    Maybe I'm not remember the first two season accurately, but I really, really missed the breaking-the-fourth-wall exposition in this season. It seemed extremely sparse compared to S1 and S2, but I didn't re-watch either one going into S3. Anyone get that impression?
    Agreed. After finishing the last episode, my wife and I were talking about what made S3 so bland, and I think that was a big part of it.

Plot stuff:

Claire seems extremely unreasonable to me. Like what did she expect when Frank became president? Is this all because of the author's book? If so that's a season-long plot device that seems really fucking stupid. Also, sorry you were an unqualified, shitty UN ambassador. Hoping he either eviscerates her publicly in S4. Then she can have all the time in the world to fuck shitty photographers. Or maybe he should just push her in front of a Metro train too.

Dunbar is a worthy adversary. She's got Frank dead to rights on the kind of person and president he is, and she's saying all the right things in the campaign. But I'm still rooting for Frank, I guess that just means they've done a good job of establishing him as an antihero. As for the Iowa caucus, I think Frank closed the gap because a. people liked Claire, and b. Dunbar kept rallying against Walmart and corporate greed which I'm sure sent a lot of campaign money Frank's way.

Also holy lol and a Democrat creating a program like AmWorks and gutting social security. Even stealing from FEMA just to fund it in DC was a stretch.

I actually liked all the Stamper stuff. The syringe thing was creepy but for a guy balancing control and addiction as precariously as he is, it made a good visual. The end of his arc with Rachel was fucking stupid though. Should have just hardened himself and killed her after digging the hole. Driving away and doubling back was weak and the smash cut to her in the grave was pretty lol-worthy.

Zero fucks given about Jackie and Remy. Their whole arc was boring as fuck. The only good thing was Remy talking with Freddie in the Oval. Netflix, give me a Remy/Freddie buddy cop movie kthx.

One last thing from S2 wrapped up with the throwaway line that he pardoned both Walker and Tusk. Should have kept Major Dad in jail, Frank. Fuck that guy.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Reg E. Cathey wins an Emmy! Good for you man, I've been watching him since Square One.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

----

If not only that, Seasn 5 was also announced for next year as well:

HYPE AS FUCK.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Ohhhhh boy.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

*bump* Reminder the new season comes out tomorrow!

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just hope it's better than season 3. I didn't hate S3 by any means, but by the end it kind petered out. I enjoy everything with the Russian President, but the end just didn't have a satisfying conclusion. A divorce is the best you could do? Give me a break. I fear this show is going to go on for way longer than it should. I think the British show had 3 seasons. Rise, in office and fall. In this it seems like the melodrama is going to happen for a while. I hope this season proves me wrong.

I clean, I jerk, and I have a decent snatch.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I am so ready for binge watching this starting now.

well that was an awkward start to the season.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

A few episodes in already.

old school Doug is kicking ass left and right.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

House of Cards

Quote Originally Posted by Gabai View Post
    A few episodes in already.

old school Doug is kicking ass left and right.
    I just finished episode seven (which was an epic episode btw). In reference to your spoiler, there hasn't been any development from it yet, but...

Did you catch the scrolling news headline in episode 1?
    About a woman's body being found outside LA. I assume it's Rachel Posner

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Hushigoshi View Post
    I just finished episode seven (which was an epic episode btw). In reference to your spoiler, there hasn't been any development from it yet, but...

Did you catch the scrolling news headline in episode 1?
    About a woman's body being found outside LA. I assume it's Rachel Posner
    I missed that bit, I'll have to go back and catch that. I got through him waking up last night, so I'm one or two behind you. Much better than s3 so far to me.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

So better than season 3? Cause Season 3 made me question if I should keep bothering with this show...

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So far, much better

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast