BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

You need to build intel on the hand-seal mandragora NM and then Emperador de Altepa in order to get Cuijatender to spawn. If he spawns once, he'll always spawn. There may be more to it than that. We didn't exactly get time to test how it works before every server had all the NMs up.

Masamune

Exp charts arenot updated on both wikis

So for example when i killed a Viseclaw and a Moorning Crawler solo with my PLD99 i got 600exp flat for both -> what is their level ? (from memory they both con'd VT, but not sure)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

You can't actually extract level from that because 600xp is the cap. But yeah, xp charts are not updated. Here is the last attempt I made:
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/106...erience-Points

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    You need to build intel on the hand-seal mandragora NM and then Emperador de Altepa in order to get Cuijatender to spawn. If he spawns once, he'll always spawn. There may be more to it than that. We didn't exactly get time to test how it works before every server had all the NMs up.
    I killed the mandragora NM four times trying to get his pop item for Emperador de Altepa, however there isn't a ??? in F-11 or anywhere near that pos to actually pop him.
    So, I should try spamming the mandragora NM to make Emperador de Altepa's ??? appear ?

Edit:
    On second thoughts, it will probably be easier and quicker to just farm 200k cruor on the normal servers and brew one of them...
    I don't know when I'll get around to doing that though...

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yeah, you build intel on the mandragora NM (kill him a bunch of times) in order to pop the Emperador. Then you kill Emperador a bunch of times to pop Cuijatender (maybe mandragora also has to be capped at the same time?).

Iirc, you gain 1% intel for the kill and an additional 1% intel per color of proc (maximum of 4%). Solo on the test server, you would be looking at probably almost 100 kills before you could pop the next tier. Also, the intel level decays over time. Brews are powerful, but it may not be something that you can do solo (or we could easily do duo).

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I could probably manage 100 kills with unlimited brew on the test server.

You can farm the mandy NM pop item, use brew, kill the NM in 2 nukes, run back to the mandies and -aga a bunch of them, then pop the NM a second time and kill him before brew wears off.

It's still going to be time consuming though, and there's a lot of running back and forth.
    I should only need to fight Emperador de Altepa once though.
    Just one simple 1000 needles will give the exact /256 damage taken value.

Cuijatender would be interesting to test his "??? needles" which can do over 60k damage, to see if it is definitely /256.
    However, he would be more hassle as you need to figure out how many needles he used in the first place.

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Why not just fight ovni? He should be up, and Vitriolic Barrage is just 1k needles.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

!!!
    I've killed 25 Bugul Noz's so far too, lol :/

I hadn't even heard of Vitriolic Barrage before...
    So it's water element, fixed damage of 1000 damage split evenly between targets ? Nice!

I wonder though, if Vitriolic Barrage can resist, and if the damage is affected by MDB or PDT-/MDT- ?
    Should still be very useful either way, guess I'll take a break from this silly NM and check it out.

Edit:
    Vitriolic Barrage did 100 damage... I'll test if it can stack with anything else.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Kaustra

Reserving a thread since it seems to operate on some "funky" mechanics. I may not be able to do this test anytime soon since, in addition to the mount of RL problems atm, I have other in-game issues to take care of (Spellcast+Radec's new triggers, LS issues, and such). Therefore, I'll write out a test for people interested.

Spoiler: show

You'll want a SCH and a COR to help out

SCH for Stormsurge bonuses (Use the augmented piece for STAT+9)
    COR for Magic ACC roll and Refresh roll

SCH5/BRD1: 9 INT
    Using Bison Steak: 6 INT
    No Grimoire (Avoids potential book bonuses)
    Target: W Ronfaure rabbits close to S Sandy entrance (INT=6)
    Make sure no other multipliers are in effect (Weather/Dy/MAB/MDB/MB/Other crazy shit)
    Goal: Flesh out potential modifiers from Attributes/HP/MP and possibly find how INT is modifying the spell

1. Cast and record the damage (SS preferable)
    2. Add etudes for each attribute (STR > Cast > Wear off > DEX Cast) and record damage for each.
    3. Add 1 INT and cast (See if the dmg you gain is proportional to the damage increase you received upon using the spell with INT etude). Record DMG.
    4. Can probably add HP/MP and test to see if those affect the damage for thoroughness.

Some of this is excessive, but it's thorough for flushing out most factors

SCH6/BRD1: 10 INT
    Using Galkan Sausage: 6 INT
    No Grimoire (Avoids potential book bonuses)
    Target: W Ronfaure rabbits close to S Sandy entrance (INT=6)
    Make sure no other multipliers are in effect (Weather/Dy/MAB/MDB/MB/Other crazy shit)
    Cast and record the damage (SS preferable)
    Goal: Flesh out level's roll and (possibly) dark magic

1. Level into SCH6 rather than using the moogle unless you can keep your magic skill constant. If magic skill affects Kaustra damage, then you won't necessarily know whether skill or level is affecting your damage if you simply do the test as SCH6 with capped magic. Record DMG.
    2. Now cast as SCH6 with capped magic skill for the level and see if you witness a change in damage. Record DMG.

Note that you may not see a change in damage, but that doesn't mean the variable has no effect! It may just be that flooring kills the possibility of the bonus you receive. If you only find INT to change the damage, try leveling up by 5s and see if Kaustra damage is consistent just based on changes in INT. If you find that numbers aren't adding up, then it's possible that skill or level is affecting the damage.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    1. Level into SCH6 rather than using the moogle unless you can keep your magic skill constant. If magic skill affects Kaustra damage, then you won't necessarily know whether skill or level is affecting your damage if you simply do the test as SCH6 with capped magic. Record DMG.
    You can set your magic skill to pretty much whatever you want with the moogle too, albeit awkward and tedious.
    When you set your main job level or exit your MH on the test server, your main/sub job skills are automatically capped and the unused skills are reset to 0.
    However this doesn't happen if you instead use the moogle to teleport you away from your MH.

So, to use the moogle to set your jobs as SCH5/BRD1, with Dark Magic Skill = 0, and get to West Ronfaure...

1. Obtain an Instant Warp scroll from the moogle, making sure your Home Point is set at Sandy.
    2. Change main job to SCH, then use moogle to set job level to 5.
    3. Change main job to BRD, then use moogle to set job level to 1.
    4. Change to WHM/WAR (or any other two jobs that don't use Dark Magic Skill), then use moogle to set job level to 99 (or any level; just need it to cap/reset skills)
    5. Use the moogle to teleport to Rabao (or anywhere else with Nomad Moogles).
    6. Use Nomad Moogles to change to SCH/BRD.
    7. Use Instant Warp scroll to return to Sandy, making sure not to enter your MH, and head to West Ronfaure. Done.

Then just do the same for SCH6, SCH99, or any level with Dark Magic Skill = 0.

I'm not really doing any testing at all at the moment as I'm busy with other stuff, but I hope to get round to testing Kaustra sometime soon too.
    It would be much more tedious to test Kaustra without the Test Server, so it should be done while we still have it.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

We need to find a mob with 40MDB that is easy to pop or that I already have the pop for. Otherwise, find a way to decline BLM MAB to zero.

Cackle MAB down value?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Pil has 40 MDB.

This was linked to me by a friend, obviously it's unusable as it is all in scrib, but I wasn't sure if anyone else had seen it before

http://www7b.biglobe.ne.jp/~fit/dmg/top.htm

Was sent to me after I sent him Mot's spreadsheets.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    This was linked to me by a friend, obviously it's unusable as it is all in scrib, but I wasn't sure if anyone else had seen it before

http://www7b.biglobe.ne.jp/~fit/dmg/top.htm

Was sent to me after I sent him Mot's spreadsheets.
    I think this page has so estimations of the attack bonuses/penalties associated with the weaponskills, along with a rudimentary damage calculator?
    Ruinator : +10%
    Exenterator : +5%
    Resolution : -22%
    Blade: Shun : -5% (but it scales up?)
    Requiescat : -11% at 300TP still?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I don't think they figured out all the 200-300TP attack penalties, but my Japanese isn't the greatest.

Ruinator: All hits, attack +10%
    Shun: All hits, attack -5%
    Twelfth Style of the Tachi: Revelation: First hit, attack+37.5% (the other stuff refers to its ftp)
    Resolution: All hits, attack -11%
    Requiescat: All hits, attack -22%
    Exenterator: First hit, attack +5%

I wonder if double/triple attack on an attack-boosted hit duplicate the attack bonuses for those hits.

That may be what they meant by "what if we implemented a WS designed for use with Ternary Flourish."

Did we know Shoha was only boosted on the first hit or is that new? It would make sense as RCB pushes it's damage up tremendously even with zerk/stalwarts/chaos

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I think that's new but it's not entirely surprising. Note that the only WS among that list where the modifier transfers are the ones where gorget/belt affect all hits.

Also, I thought Ruinator's attack bonus was established as being above 10% (25%?). Verification needed?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I would like to contribute some data to the Shun information but not sure really where to start.

I'm capable of calculating WSC but thats rather simple since you're dealing with level 1 mobs. I have no idea where to begin when testing something like Shun's attack penalty. The randomness of the pdif element really throws me.

I'm looking for any direction or ideas on how to be useful. I have at my disposal a dual boxed BRD if that matters (since I think I'll need to begin with capping attack on a specific target?) Will sekkanoki be useful for guarantee'd 100%TP Use data? Can we gather enormous amounts of data @ 100% and 300% TP and just 'draw a straight line' for the 200% information?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Everything you said has been true, and I would recommend EM Bluffalos in Abyssea - Ule as your target. You will need to kill them with the first hit. Also, I wouldn't really recommend relying on Sekka as it will make data collection really slow. You could try it, though.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

When I initially tested Shun I built a 5-hit gun build to precisely control my TP gain. I don't know that "drawing a straight line" is wise given that other WS have noticeable changes in slope from 100-200 and 200-300 TP, but the TP Bonus katana would alleviate difficulties somewhat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast