An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Yes, that is an approximate, but it's the best that's out at the moment. The most accurate method would be to do Sekkanoki tests, but racking up values for that would be mayhem (Though doable if we get a big group of people to split up the workload).

Masamune

How about testing accurately the 100TP with the Sekkanoki+splitted datas method, and testing the 300TP point in parallel to the 200TP approximation from this test ?

I mean we have so far 2 approximated datas saying Blade:Hi(1hit) is 15% 20% 25%+-X?% and CdC(3 hits) is <20% <30% <45%.
    I don't know for UkkoFury(2hits) (i can test myself) and VictorySmite(4hits).
    We have also RagingRush(3hits) @ 100TP: 41.60% - 24%base = 17.6%+-4.91% (untested @ 200&300TP).
    ...and Evisceration (5hits) @ 100TP: 11.6%+-3.56% (untested @ 200&300TP).
    So if we manage to get data @ 300TP for those WSs, maybe we can see if data suggest a linear crit% progression between 100 & 300TP and then corroborate the 200TP tested by Prothescar ? and check relationship between #hit(s) and crit% ?

Also, in terms of method, arenot Daedalus(100TP) and Dusty(300TP) wings unlimited on test server ?

And last question, most important imho: are critrates enhanced between lvl85 and 90 versions of an Empyrean WS ?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

The test server is being/has been shutdown. Wings won't help since the issue is using a WS at the last HP% of a mob and that would require you to remove your weapon > Wing > WS without getting hit.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just sleep the mob. And darn no more time to play with toys

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

War Polearm caps @ 360 @ level 95.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Wyvern hp gear takes time to proc. I think it it based off tics rather than a certain amount of time. Most it usually takes is about 3 seconds so in theory the first tic after the gear is put on? This could be true but I don't have a very good way of testing it.

If you are using the JA just put the gear in precast and it will usually work. For a standard triggered breath, put as much of your breath gear in as you can without messing with your max hp for improving your threshold. I haven't been on drg in a long time and drg/mage in even longer so I can't tell you if anything is different than it use to be.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

RDM Dagger cap is 370 @ 95.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Random Information:

Goldsmith's Stall will produce Mega Moglification: Goldsmith without any other guild furniture. The effect by itself is at least +3 skill. Adding Gemscope after this doesn't alter the message (no idea on effect on skill.) I'll have to collect HQ rate data to test past +3 skill, which maybe I'll do at some point.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I think people found Megla-moglification as Skill+2 and you get an additional Skill+1 for the 150k OR the 50k item (Not Skill+2 for both) and an additional Skill+1 for the 200k item. Would like a double check to see if the stall is Skill+3 or Skill+2 either way.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It's +3 for sure. I'm 91 Goldsmithing and requirements on synergy recipes are strictly enforced. I was unable to craft stat +7 rings without support until I hit 91, verifying that they are indeed 94 Goldsmithing (+3 skill from gear & gemscope.) Upon making the stall, I found that even after removing my gemscope and equipment, I can still make the rings. I'd be interested to see how people came up with those other numbers.

Perhaps someone can translate this page.

http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/22293.html

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'll go back later tonight and check some more stuff, might be a possible bug with adding it after the Gemscope was already there and then removing it.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Read that entire thread. There isn't enough data to tell whether the stall alone gives +2 or +3. I retested today. 91 skill + apron + shaded specs > can't synth. 91 skill + stall > can synth. So it's adding 3 at least (or, perhaps more unlikely, has some kind of 'can synth while under the cap' rule but I doubt that.) I'd say it's just +3 skill and that each furnishing (besides Gemscope, the 50K GP item, as Zouri found with the Hide Stretcher) adds +1 skill. 3+2=5, consistent with the larger data tests in the thread.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I put some data in the craft forum here http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/834...=1#post4787213 about stall alone, but using synergy is a great idea. I'll have to try and find a recipe I can use to test if its 4 or 5 alone cause that will be much, much easier than hoarding magic pot shards to get a good data set on cermet chunk synths.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

That's good confirmation on +3 (at least.) I'll try a geode test when I have time, which is supposed to be 51.

Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    If anyone is interested in Avatar pdif/damage calculations, I've been trying to compile the information on them (mostly Kegsay's) so I can write a coherent page for bgwiki. I necroed this thread for that purpose, and consolidated most of the testing from the last few years on my user page. Avatar melee damage seems pretty well figured out, but BP damage is freaking weird.
    http://forums.ffxiclopedia.org/viewt...p?f=17&t=19875

Guy on official forums linked to this testing, he seems convinced your avatar dmg formula stuff is incorrect. You guys can pick through it if you want.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by grevenilvec75 View Post
    http://forums.ffxiclopedia.org/viewt...p?f=17&t=19875

Guy on official forums linked to this testing, he seems convinced your avatar dmg formula stuff is incorrect. You guys can pick through it if you want.
    I've tried to reply to him, but reasoning with that guy is a waste of time. He's not right for a lot of different reasons.

His main problem is assuming that avatars and players have the same pDIF equations, which they don't. There, mystery solved.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Don't think this has been noted about Spontaneity and Manawell:

If you use Spontaneity or Manawell while someone is casting, the effect is consumed for that cast and 0 MP cost/recast is applied to that cast (No quick cast on that spell for Spontaneity, I suppose this should be obvious but just a fyi).

Both effects overwrite the other if used on the same person.

Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Been doing dark damage skillshots for magian staff trial and it looks like Galvanic Slops latent procs while casting spells. So far i've only seen it on noctohelix since that's pretty much the only time mob hits me. Damage is ~140-160 with cruor buffs and minikin/beyond/hells guardian vs ~DC raptors and leeches. No idea on proc rate, less than 50% is pretty much all i can say confidently (and i'm betting its much lower than 50%).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wait 140-160 spikes from the pants!?!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast