Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Well, it was self-serving considering I was making Terpsichore. =p

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Dual Wield III and Crit Attack Bonus IV for THF at 98. Kinda big news, I think?

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Dual Wield III and Crit Attack Bonus IV for THF at 98. Kinda big news, I think?
    I posted it in the test server findings thread.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Foldypaws View Post
    I posted it in the test server findings thread.
    Haha, it was probably when my internet was out.

Monsters in Abyssea start at one constant level range. For instance:
    Worms in Abyssea - Ule start at 83-84
    Rabbits/Protoamoebans in Abyssea - Misa are 77-78
    Ephemeral Amoebans in Abyssea - Misa are 79-80
    Mandies in Tahrongi are all VT at 73 <_< Sandworms are all IT >_> Tahrongi, wry you gotta break my combo?

I swear they made Tahrongi first.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I don't know why I did this on the test server instead of real server, but I cranked out some 300TP Ukko's tonight. I got a little over 70 in 2 hours (and change) and didn't get a single non-crit... with . . . . . . . capped dDEX/merits and no additional crit hit rate. 1308-1750 damage (variety of monsters/Ratios).

So yeah, looks like Ukko's probably gets a pretty substantial crit rate bonus at 300 TP?

I'm interpreting my results to mean it's at least 70%. Keep in mind that the other Ukko's Crit testing I know about was at 100TP and showed that the crit rate boost was greater than 30%. I confirmed that it's less than 40% at 100TP tonight, but not a lot less (took me a while to get a non-crit). I'd be unsurprised to find the progression is something like 35% to 70% or 75%. If the curve is really that steep, a 25TP Moonshade would add ~5% Crit rate. I guess it depends what the 200TP crit rate is though.... maybe for another night.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I wouldn't be surprised if SE played a cruel joke on 1H melees by placing single hand Empyreans at 15% critical hit rate and 2H Empyreans at 30% crit rate (Effectively, double 1H crit rates). That would place it at 80%, which would conform with the idea of 100% critical hit rate.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Well, it's the test server so I can go drop my merits and try it out. I re-entered and kept Ukko's-ing since I posted that with 300TP and the same setup and I still haven't gotten a non-crit (maybe up to 80 now?)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Holy balls that is insane. Might that make smiting blow somewhat decent then? Well assuming your guess for 200% is that much of an increase?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Naw, even assuming that 200TP gives 60% Crit rate, you'd be sacrificing an Atma slot for +25% Crit rate only to WSs when you could use the same Atma slot for +20% crit rate all the time.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah I just thought of that lol. Plus assuming 100% is something like 35% that would put you at 90 with just RR... wasting all that +crit from tp bonus. Might be worth gearing around for outside at higher tps though if you find exact amount.. but goddamn thats so unfair compared to 1hders lol

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Drakesbane only has a ~10% crit rate bonus at 100 TP, so it's not as simple as "every 2H weaponskill has a better crit rate @ 100"

There doesn't seem to be an obvious pattern.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Even within 1H Empyrean WSs, Blade Hi and CDC are reported to have different crit rates.

I haven't managed to non-crit even without crit merits yet. Running out of time for the night, but suffice to say the 300TP Crit Bonus of Ukko's is gynormous.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well i meant empyrean ws. Kinda unfair comparing empyrean to non considering they almost always have higher crit rates

I'm not sure if people knew this, because I had always heard double attack, but supposedly according to the JP Vana'Diel Factbook #2, the Iga set doesn't give a double attack on offhand, but rather a Zanshin effect when dual wielding. Not that it matters all that much I guess.

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

That's news to me, but I wouldn't doubt it. Are there any other interesting facts in there? I'd love to see someone post a translation or something.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    I'm not sure if people knew this, because I had always heard double attack, but supposedly according to the JP Vana'Diel Factbook #2, the Iga set doesn't give a double attack on offhand, but rather a Zanshin effect when dual wielding. Not that it matters all that much I guess.
    Um, no. I've never heard of that book, but it is absolutely incorrect.

It takes less than five mins to grab crap weapons, run outside Jeuno and prove it to yourself.

The DA offhand swings procs fine even when landing main hand => off hand => set off hand proc. I didn't miss any hits in the attack rounds I triggered it, and I did it three times before making this post. Unless you believe my nin/thf with no buff besides Signet, and no gear besides full Iga +2 is getting offhand DA from my dual Onion Swords.

Unless they're referring to Hasso Zanshin, which is moreor less essentially a separate term DA; it's to my knowledge never been determined whether Iga set bonus is actual offhand DA or separate term DA.

But if that book makes no distinction between HassoZanshin and regular Zanshin, I'd find any statement made by it to be of dubious quality at best.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Can we just copy and paste this thread in to an amazon book and sell it too?

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

New thread arriving at a BG near you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8