1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 25 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 1 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 8 hours, 25 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 1006 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Comments from the Devs     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Well, Matsui just commented on auto-attack. Probably will take a day or two to get a translation though.
    Got the URL? I'll take my chances and read broken english from google.

BG Level

Well not a lot of help but for anyone curious:
    FFXIV players everyone, nice to meet. Matsui Akira is in charge of the Department of battle. Thank you in the future.

So immediately, I will explain about the current policy.

We made adjustments on the balance and the battle system will first battle, the introduction of auto attack is necessary to think. This will resolve the current situation in which it is most efficient to just roll, a battle more interesting, but please consider as one of the above should continue to review some of the tactical battle.

So, everything is resolved I do not think auto attack just introduced. Has mentioned the theme in another thread, part of the foundation that Iku Kano why the system occupied gauge and action, is that should to how and capacity characteristics of each class, and Reidodanjon monsters and equipment, Iku Kano products and why, when I looked over the whole element to take into account a wide range, at least for now, without the introduction of auto attack, the battle in the future I want to hold.

The premise of these, FFXIV in the auto attack, FFXI is assumed to be generally shorter intervals than attack it. (And is often cited in the forums, so I was in charge sometimes called, FFXI, please forgive us as a comparison to be out of the auto attack. Which is better, all that is not bad.)

This is intended to lower the difficulty of the battle is not. This is true of tempo and exhilaration, if you want a battle of tactics mentioned earlier, instead of the normal attack, or magic abilities, by providing a main use of the situation when Ueponsukiru 計Reru purpose. Thus, aside underdogs against the balance, just like winning the battle will basically auto attack.

Consideration must still be verified because the items and have many elements, it is difficult to tell you more specific details that would let a little longer fret, luck can tell you a little more information So we will continue to thank you.
    With how the bottom line sounds I'm going to assume they're going to scrape the entire system where you can't attack manually.

New Odin
    BG Level

Sounds like he just wants to go with something he's more comfortable working with. Which is kinda disappointing but I'll wait for better translations.

BG Level

True the translation is off but the last paragraph just made it sound like by element they meant a delay variable for weapons.

New Odin
    BG Level

Somebody on ZAM made a rough translation:

He says he is thinking about auto attack regarding the whole system and battle balance as well.

He believes auto attack can resolve some issues, but again, putting it "as is" is not possible, considering how the system is set up.

Therefore "At least for now, regarding Auto-attack, I don't think it's practical to introduce it in the new battle system" (not a literal translation, mind you) -. Keep in mind, that doesn't mean it will be NEVER be introduced, I think he wants to say there will be need of further adjustments down the road - I suggest waiting for the official translation.

Doesn't want XI-XIV comparisons when talking about attack (I believe because they probably won't be similar).

He dismisses the claim that the battles would become easier (if I got it right) with Auto-attack. He says there is more but it's being discussed at the moment.

BG Level

Okay that makes more sense, overall I do like his thoughts since I do enjoy the manual combat system with the exception of it being impossible to actually communicate during a fight.

New Odin
    BG Level

Yeah, I don't really see how auto-attack would help, especially if it'd take so many resources to implement as he seems to imply.

Interesting how he doesn't want a comparison between XI and XIV regarding the feature. That sounds good but I'm not sure I understand the intention behind it.

-------------------

We should be getting info regarding the direction on crafting soon according to the community reps. Also I think they will touch on the subject of gridania's and LL's depopulation (or they will just let the devs know of the issue, not sure which).

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Frankly, I think they should leave auto-attack out. I like the fact that every action I make is a deliberate choice. If anything they can adjust the rate at which stamina regenerates if they wanted to speed up combat a little more. Or maybe even add weapons with attack speed or haste on them.

BG Level

Yeah, I don't really see how auto-attack would help, especially if it'd take so many resources to implement as he seems to imply.

Interesting how he doesn't want a comparison between XI and XIV regarding the feature. That sounds good but I'm not sure I understand the intention behind it.

-------------------

We should be getting info regarding the direction on crafting soon according to the community reps. Also I think they will touch on the subject of gridania's and LL's depopulation (or they will just let the devs know of the issue, not sure which).
    I think it's mostly a "We don't want to turn this into XI-2" type of thing, which is understandable. Personally I think the best option would be to let us toggle a basic attack on/off, would give us time to communicate during fights and not require a ton of work/overhauls.

Crafting would be nice, personally I'd just be happy with shorter animations myself. However I don't know what they can do to repopulate Grid/LL since in most MMOs it seems like there's always that one city that will be the usual gathering place.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

I think he simply means that comparing XI's auto-attack with what would be XIV's auto-attack doesn't work:

They probably want high user input into combat (like every other MMO does nowadays) and tweakings would be required to make this happen even with an auto-attack.

A lot of people complain about lack of auto-attack, but what they really want is less input during combat. However these things aren't really related (unless you only played FFXI): there are a lot of MMORPGs that have auto-attack where you have to press buttons more often than in FFXIV.

If the devs want you having to press a key every second, you will, auto-attack or not.

New Odin
    BG Level

They probably want high user input into combat (like every other MMO does nowadays) and tweakings would be required to make this happen even with an auto-attack.
    Yes, I got that impression too. With that said I think AA would be even more useless, since it doesn't really.. do anything about the combat in the long run. I don't think they want to make the fights require less attention but can't they work on the existing system to make it more active? Like this, they'd have to not just implement AA but rework the game mechanics to allow for much faster use of weapon skills (in line with other MMO's). It sounds like a detour to get to the same point they're at already.

Voice chat can deal with whatever issues people have with having to communicate while actually playing the game.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just saying that ventrillo will solve everything will not help this game succeed at all since it will do no good on the PS3 and that's what everyone is saying will make or break this game.

Just give me an option to set my auto attack ability and take away it's use of stamina and I would be happy. Toggle it on and off for people who don't want it.

New Odin
    BG Level

I'm saying that implementing voice chat of some kind would prove to be more effective than making the game require less button inputs so that people can communicate during an encounter.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'd take that too Hyan but I just see it having less of a chance at being implemented.

Groovebox

I'm saying that implementing voice chat of some kind would prove to be more effective than making the game require less button inputs so that people can communicate during an encounter.
    But then they leave out PS3 players who do not want to use voice chat... you know, like all those guys playing as females who suspiciously can't use any type of voice communication for whatever reason.

New Odin
    BG Level

Yeah well, the feature would be available to PS3 players obviously. Either way though I'd say it's just a means to make the idiots shut up about not being able to communicate. It's not too important to have in the end. At least then they'd have no valid excuses to bitch. "I just don't want to use it" wouldn't really fly lol.

Anyway, it seems like a massive undertaking if they're still not finished with the over-all design of it. I wonder how they're working on it.

Actually now that I think about it, they were only examining whether AA could be implemented. Guess not and now it's back to drawing board?

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Problem I have with auto-attack is that you currently get rooted to the ground for every action you take. Thats going to be extra annoying with auto attacks going off.

Btw.. Please take a moment to "Like" my 3 OPs on the official forums if you're in favor of the idea. They shoulda added that waaaaay earlier... wtf

BG Level

Thanks for reminding me Kuro I need to finish up my idea for a new economy.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Btw.. Please take a moment to "Like" my 3 OPs on the official forums if you're in favor of the idea. They shoulda added that waaaaay earlier... wtf
    Done. Maybe edit the BG-ideas thread to remind people to "Like" too. Seems sort of important if that's something that can actually make the devs see the post.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 1006 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast