1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 41 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 18 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 21 hours, 41 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 12 hours, 18 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 918 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 868 908 916 917 918 919 920 928 968 ... LastLast

Thread: Comments from the Devs     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    If you're so certain it's not ping, then please indulge me on the only cause of this that it could possibly be, because right now, all I can envision are estimates, of which ping is a valid one.
    Did you even read the OF thread? NA people are whining about this too. This also happens regardless of whether I'm playing on JP or NA servers with no noticeable differences.

I live in Europe and I have been playing WoW, TERA, GW2 and many other MMOs on NA servers (sometimes West Coast servers) for years and this is the only game where everything that's happening on my screen feels completely disjointed and useless. It has to be their network code or their engine being plain terrible. Neither would be easy nor cheap to fix at this point, which is why I'm not expecting changes.

Try actually testing the AoEs and the circles instead of immediately running out of everything and then tell us again how the current system does not warrant complaints. The AoEs from the beta can be worked around because they take forever to go off. Things do not bode well for endgame encounters if this isn't addressed, however. It's going to be Garuda p2 all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    wow, that's still an issue?
    Yes.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Kami View Post

It's pretty common that beta servers are a bit laggy/not offering best responsiveness because of some processes taking place on servers during beta phases specifically. Not sure what exactly, but I know as a general rule it's a lot smoother when game goes live.
    So I dont think we should sweat it too much at this point
    "but its beta" is what we said last time.. we see how that turned out.

Tera still has issues to this fucking day, last weekend was double drop weekend and this shit happened. Servers are normally never like this but adjust a few 1's and 0's for double drop rate then this

im with sol on this one. This is my only real complaint agaisnt 2.0. Find away to compensate or completely re-do it.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    Did you even read the OF thread? NA people are whining about this too. This also happens regardless of whether I'm playing on JP or NA servers with no noticeable differences.
    Hah, no, of course not! I thought the general advice around here was to avoid reading the OF. I especially avoid the thread that have multiple pages of replies, because ain't nobody got time for that!

I do recall a few situations in the beta where my spells would get immediately cancelled (several times in a row) even to the point of the tank dying once because I couldn't heal (double-whammy of shitty systems happened there -- my cure 2 went off, but he was dead before the cure took effect). The suggestions that it was their shoddy movement code lead me to think about that. I can only assume that the spell problems I had were because the server thought I was still moving. They're probably related, and yeah upon second consideration, you're all probably right that it's the shitty movement handling that's the problem.

A "you're right, I'm wrong" post on the internet! Better archive that!

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Interesting point, they are probably running non-release debugging code on their servers which would indeed slow things down.
    guys they are probably doing some dev thingy that will be fixed in release guys

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Hell, we played FFXI on JP servers no problems
    There are plenty of problems, most of which are far more exaggerated than they are in XIV.

The only time I've noticed the latency is during Ifrit, trying to dodge the ground explosions, which sucks.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by shidobu View Post
    "but its beta" is what we said last time.. we see how that turned out.

Tera still has issues to this fucking day, last weekend was double drop weekend and this shit happened. Servers are normally never like this but adjust a few 1's and 0's for double drop rate then this

im with sol on this one. This is my only real complaint agaisnt 2.0. Find away to compensate or completely re-do it.
    Good point, but still, a server having some lag spikes or offering mediocre responsiveness in general isn't uncommon in beta stages. We'll see what SE has to respond to that tho, it'll be interesting to read about it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

We'll see what SE has to respond to that tho, it'll be interesting to read about it.
    Please look forward to it. Im not "canceled my pre-order" levels of mad. But being a 1.0 player it's kinda annoying to see its still there.. really burns my buns ya know?

During E3, the rep team kept telling people to run away instead of jumping. I think jumps are calculated differently or something.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Have they discussed saving your gear sets and hotbar layouts to a cloud system yet? Having to jump between my laptop and desktop and rearrange shit every time is obnoxious.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Evane View Post
    During E3, the rep team kept telling people to run away instead of jumping. I think jumps are calculated differently or something.
    No! it's just because when eruptions appears Fire goes from bottom to up to even if you jump fire goes higher!!!!

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    Have they discussed saving your gear sets and hotbar layouts to a cloud system yet? Having to jump between my laptop and desktop and rearrange shit every time is obnoxious.
    think you can copy over files for UI setup? (not 100% sure havent really tried wouldnt know which one to swap anyways cuz i have like 2 beta chars and 1 legacy lol)
    C:\Users\shidobu\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn (Beta Version)\01CA53A8 there are these files like this hotbar, logfilter,macro .dat files

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Draenor

Same with wow, your position didn't update until you landed in wow, so probably the same thing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That's true. The game won't recognize that you have moved until you actually land.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Theres something fishy with their network code. They use the animations to mask the latency (or w/e you want to call it), but many times that slight of hand doesn't work. Dodging AoEs is a great example.

One point brought up on the beta forums that agree with 100%: if you are going to show a red circle for an AoE, it better be 100% accurate otherwise there is no point in even having it.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmakan View Post
    Theres something fishy with their network code.
    Network code doesn't cause messages to get transmitted that shouldn't have ever been transmitted.

Out-of-order, yes. Completely erroneous, no.

If the cure never landed, the server shouldn't be telling the client that it did, let alone how much it didn't cure for.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    Network code doesn't cause messages to get transmitted that shouldn't have ever been transmitted.

Out-of-order, yes. Completely erroneous, no.

If the cure never landed, the server shouldn't be telling the client that it did, let alone how much it didn't cure for.
    My terminology is probably incredibly inaccurate as I'm oblivious to the behind-the-scenes workings of an MMO

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by shidobu View Post
    think you can copy over files for UI setup? (not 100% sure havent really tried wouldnt know which one to swap anyways cuz i have like 2 beta chars and 1 legacy lol)
    C:\Users\shidobu\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn (Beta Version)\01CA53A8 there are these files like this hotbar, logfilter,macro .dat files
    Sync the folder with skydrive and you're good.

Rein translated this I thought it was cool.

We are going to release features aiming for phase 4 in which will announce to the party if you have a player challenging that content for the first time, and also a feature where the party will get a bonus on reward if you clear that content with that first time player in party.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lyn Tah'row
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I think it's more that the game just doesn't update your position frequently enough.

see: the vid of one PC running a circle around the other but going in triangles on the other PC's screen
    Did someone already do this with XIV?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Egon View Post
    Sync the folder with skydrive and you're good.
    FFXI could save your macro information. I shouldn't have to use a shitty workaround.