FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

The road to the Justice League film hasn't been easy for Warner Bros. After it was revealed that the film would hit theaters in 2015, it came to light that the script for the film had been scrapped and they were having to start over. Enter the latest rumor on the project...

Latino Review is reporting that Warner Bros. has approached Christopher Nolan to take over everything related to their DC Comics properties. They allege that Nolan will be involved in the development and will produce all of the DC superheroes. They also say they are working toward having Christian Bale reprise his role as Bruce Wayne from The Dark Knight series to join up with Henry Cavill in the Justice League film and that Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will also produce and may direct the project.

Take this with a grain of salt, however, as there has been no confirmation from the studio or anyone else that any of this is true.
    http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...ce-league-film

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Boy they're REALLY trying to make it happen.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

If Nolan actually did take the reins on this, it'd make me a lot more inclined to see it. I still don't know how seeing his Batman in a far less realistic world would make me feel though.

BG Level

They're not thinking about that. They're thinking about capitalization of Avengers money. See earlier comment about 'nobuildup-nocare'.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Nolan will make every DC movie cast Bale and have a shitty ending.

I'm over Nolans shit after that fiasco of a movie that was last Batman. I hope he doesnt get involved

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

RUMOR
    I can unofficially confirm that the movie WILL use Henry Cavill’s Superman, as well as an already established Batman (who has been left open enough to use Nolan’s John Blake if the situation were to arise *wink wink*), and will follow the two as they try to piece together the Justice League when a new threat shows up with Earth conquest on his mind.

Following the events of “Man of Steel,” NASA and Lex Luthor begin sending signals out into space to attract other alien beings which reach Apokolips, prompting an invasion of “Hunger Dogs” sent by Darkseid and lead by Kalibak, Orion, and the Female Furies.

Superman and Batman, knowing they won’t be able to fight them alone, recruit the help of Green Lantern, (who’s left open to be either Ryan Reynold’s Hal Jordan or John Stewart, either way they’ll be using the already established Green Lantern corps from the Martin Campbell film), J’onn J’onzz the Martian Manhunter (who is confirmed as not being CGI), who comes to protect Earth after escaping from a prison on Apokolips because he knows the next planet on Darkseid’s mind will be Mars once he conquers Earth, the Barry Allen incarnation of the Flash who will gain his powers in the first 1/3rd of the film, and Princess Diana of Themyscira, who is ready to leave Themyscira and refuses to continue standing by and not use her ability to help the Justice League when she finds out the world is in crisis.

This isn’t campy lasso using, invisible plane driving, star spangled banner Linda Carter Wonder Woman either, she’s got super strength and truly kicks ass.

As I don’t want to give away too much information, I’ll leave it as that but the movie will absolutely blow your mind, it’s filled with cameos of lesser known heroes and villains (like Lobo and the baddies Mongrul and Sinestro to name a few!) to establish them for the sequel, all while maintaining a consistent “grounded in reality” but not TOO realistic approach that fans like so much today.

The heroes save the day, and the army of “Hunger Dogs” retreat back to Apokolips, where a furious Darkseid punishes Kalibak while Orion begins to question his loyalty to his father. Darkseid then goes to the furthest depths of Apokolips to release a prisoner known only as “Doomsday” and sets the movie up immediately for a sequel following a quick glimpse of the baddest villain in the DC universe. Prepare to be rocked is all I have to say.
    http://www.liveforfilms.com/2013/05/...-league-movie/

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Sounds terrible

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    Sounds terrible
    I think if it's heavy on action and makes the villains look awesome, it could work. I have long abandoned the idea of DC movies being faithful to the source material.

BG Level

If they do that and use Christian Bale I will see this TWICE.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Level

Sigh.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Everything about this screams money grab in the wake of Avengers without actually putting in the time and effort that Avengers did.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

It felt that way at the start (didn't they even announce this movie after Avenger's pile of money was revealed?), but it's definitely become more disappointing that that point seems to be repeated over and over as the process has continued.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Tina Fey made a comment during the golden globes saying that once hollywood finds something people like, they do it over and over until we hate it. DC apparently just got the memo

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-capture...justice-league
    Today's not-remotely-shocking news is that Zack Snyder will officially direct "Justice League" for Warner Bros as soon as he's done with "Man Of Steel 2."

For the most part, all this does is clarify the situation. After all, since the moment the conversation about the sequel to "Man Of Steel" began, the question about Warner's entire game plan regarding the DC universe has been in play. Each new announcement about the film has added new characters to the mix. Ben Affleck's onboard as Batman. Gal Gadot is set to play Wonder Woman. Just last week, they hired Sam Fisher to play Cyborg. It seems obvious that they're seeding things for more movies down the road, and now they've called the shot.

Greg Silverman, president of worldwide production for the studio, made it official in an interview with The Wall Street Journal. There's a hilariously breathless quote midway through his story that pretty much explains why they were given the story. "The plans for three superhero movies in relatively quick succession show how intent Warner is on catching up with rival Walt Disney Co.'s Marvel Studios in building a cinematic superhero universe after years lagging behind."

Yeah, good luck with that. They don't mention a date for "Justice League," but if the "Man Of Steel" sequel comes out as planned in 2016 and Zack Snyder is directing both films, then the earliest we're going to see it is 2018. If they did decide to make "Justice League" back-to-back with the "Man Of Steel" sequel, then maybe they could get it into theaters by 2017. Even so, by that point, there will be what? Six new Marvel movies? More?

They can't worry about competing, honestly. No matter what they do, Warner just isn't committed to the sort of laser-focused production schedule that has made the Marvel movies such a force to contend with in the last few years. Warner tends to go gigantic when they make these films. I would be surprised if Marvel's made three films out of their whole run so far that are anywhere near as expensive as "Green Lantern" was, and I'm willing to bet that aside from "Avengers: Age Of Ultron," there's never been a Marvel movie that costs as much as "Man Of Steel" did. And that's fine. That's the way it should be, actually. Warner should just focus on doing the films they want to do, the way they want to do them, on the schedule that works for the movies. Unless they plan to start cranking out two a year, they're not really competing. Not in the way fanboys keep trying to make it sound. Yes, right now, "Man Of Steel 2" and "Captain America 3" are both set for the same date, but that won't end up happening, and besides, those films are going to be doing such radically different things in regards to their place in the larger narratives around them that comparing them because they are both based on comic books is ridiculous.

I found it interesting that they mentioned other films in development, including "Shazam," "Metal Men," "100 Bullets," and "Fables," especially since at least two of those have no overlap potential with "Man Of Steel" or "Justice League" at all. They also teased the possibility of making a "Wonder Woman" movie, but I'll believe that when I see it. I've read too many good drafts of relatively faithful "Wonder Woman" movies over the years to believe that they're any closer to actually making the film.

For now, "Justice League" is the prize that Warner Bros. has to focus on, and if they pull it off, then they open the door to at least try some other characters. This is still such an early moment that speculating about where they're going to go assumes that they'll pull this off. That is in no way a given. I'm on the record as being a big fan of "Man Of Steel," and I'm personally excited that they now appear to be doubling down on Snyder as the guy who is setting the palette for the larger world. But we'll see how the public responds, and how far they get with their "Justice League" plans before we start calling this a "universe."

Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/motion-capture...pih8MAKvoJe.99

BG Level

Nope.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

^

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

The guy must have some pictures of the wb execs in Bryan Singer twink sex parties

He's just awful

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Rumor: Current script would confuse the average movie goer, filled with specific references to the comics, New-52 Brainiac to be the main villain
    http://www.techtimes.com/articles/27...simplified.htm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast