Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Killing (AMC)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Besides Dexter I normally wait until the show is cancelled before I start watching it. It's easier to go 6 years without having seen an episode than to get a week/3 months in between episodes/seasons.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

yea i have mad men and breaking bad on my to do list

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Downloading this now, looks good. Hope I'm not disappointed, looking at the trailer, doesn't look like I will be.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

anyone got the download link for ep3?

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Why did this episode have to end?! Arrrgh.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Reznuh
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

that's how i'm feeling too Aldeeran, i'm hooked

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Anyone know how many episodes there are supposed to be? Hopefully not only 6 or however many Walking Dead was.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

BrBa starts july 3rd, i would think 13

edit: from wiki, Each of the 13 episodes will chronicle one day of the investigation.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Bah when I was downloading this while sleeping, DSL modem got hit by lightning and killed my mother board ; ;.
    Built a new bigger and better PC, so, round 2. Downloading again, lets hope for the best this time....

Old Merits
    BG Level

Finally got around to catching this, and I gotta say it's becoming another favourite series fast. I like Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead more still but this will definitely be a contender.
    Pretty cool it's "set" in Seattle too, even though it's Canadar lol.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

About to watch the "3rd" episode, just want to make sure I'm not skipping anything.. Was the first episode (hour and half) both 1 and 2 combined?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Reznuh
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

yep, 3rd = second week

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by rezn0r View Post
    yep, 3rd = second week
    Thanks!

Finished then all..... Simply amazing. Not often you hear an advertisement that is true, but they had a commercial on for this and it said "You will be mad every time the show goes off," and so far it's right! I want MORE! lol AMC is now king of the tv world. I'm going to check out this Mad men also, but I was not a huge fan of The Sopranos and noticed it's made by the same peoples. Will see how it goes.

Literally just this moment saw this on AMC On Demand while checking to see if the past season of Breaking Bad was up on there yet. Literally 5 minutes into the first episode but reception here seems to be good. Can always use another great show.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Spoiler: show
    I have a feeling every episode they will dismiss the last suspect and pick up a new one. Seems almost like they are going out of their way to make everyone, in some way, look suspicious. I had a weird feeling about the teacher, but in no way is he the one that killed her, imo. Also, there is something about her partner, and her soon to be husband, that just feels weird to me. I really hope they don't get tied into the case in some way, just would be way over the top imo, but they both just seem odd to me.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie View Post
    I have a feeling every episode they will dismiss the last suspect and pick up a new one. Seems almost like they are going out of their way to make everyone, in some way, look suspicious. I had a weird feeling about the teacher, but in no way is he the one that killed her, imo. Also, there is something about her partner, and her soon to be husband, that just feels weird to me. I really hope they don't get tied into the case in some way, just would be way over the top imo, but they both just seem odd to me.
    I agree with basically everything you said. End of episode: new clue pointing at a different subject. Start of next episode: oops, red herring. I also hope the boyfriend doesn't get involved in the case. I almost universally hate it when cop / murder mystery shows get the investigators' personal lives involved in the case they're involved in.

Regarding the actual letters we saw in the globe, was there anything in there that actually said "I love you" or anything that actually came out and said that there was anything more than a close relationship between teacher and student? I saw something that said "This poem reminded me of you," or something to that extent, and there was no Love or XOXOXO above the signature at the end of the note.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie View Post
    ... Also, there is something about [snip] her soon to be husband, that just feels weird to me. I really hope they don't get tied into the case in some way, just would be way over the top imo, but they both just seem odd to me.
    That is because he is probably a Cylon =P Still having trouble unseeing some of the actors I have seen elsewhere. The politician is the guy from the 4400 (not sure if ANYONE watched that)

All in all I am quite happy I stumbled on this show this weekend. All caught up now and loving the characters, especially her shady ass partner.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post

Regarding the actual letters we saw in the globe, was there anything in there that actually said "I love you" or anything that actually came out and said that there was anything more than a close relationship between teacher and student? I saw something that said "This poem reminded me of you," or something to that extent, and there was no Love or XOXOXO above the signature at the end of the note.

I'm thinking they might be involved somewhat but he seems pretty sincere about caring for her, so doubt he's involved with the murder. I see what you're saying about all the "red herrings" though lol, this show really leaves you guessing and I love it.

Also, the Police station scene with the murder billboard was fucking insane... I know shows have been dark(er) before this but that scene really hit me as... unnerving...

Quote Originally Posted by Graelinn View Post
    All caught up now and loving the characters, especially her shady ass partner.
    I can't wait to see how his story unfolds :D, definitely my favourite character too lol.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Reznuh
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

sign me up as the partner quickly becoming my favorite character as well