Thread: The Killing (AMC)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by rezn0r View Post
    sign me up as the partner quickly becoming my favorite character as well
    "You my ride, Linda."

It made me laugh every time he said that.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I kind of got bored with the last two episodes, still a good show, just doesn't seem as good as the first two episodes and not keeping my attention as well.

Spoiler: show
    Odd to see the teacher working with the city councilman. There is something strange with those two, but really don't think either of them killed her. The chemicals in the teachers house (also found on her body) really makes him look guilty, but for some reason I still don't think it is him. (That' too easy!) I would guess it was his wife (found out about the two of them) before I would say it was the teacher.(she would also have access to the car, since her husband does, but would she be smart enough to use those chemicals to cover up the evidence? I think not, she just doesn't seem like that kind of person) Still have not found out about the "unknown trips" the councilman was taking and where he went, and just where did she get a $2000 pair of shoes. Surely a teacher could not afford that. Curious if we have met the killer in the show yet, or if they are going to throw some curve ball at the end and it be someone we have not even met yet.

I feel exactly the same way, my interest slowed down quite a bit in the last couple episodes. I plan on finishing the season, nothing else on on Sundays at the same time I would rather watch anyway. I just hope that it picks back up again somehow. Tonights hasn't started off any more interesting either =(

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Graelinn View Post
    I feel exactly the same way, my interest slowed down quite a bit in the last couple episodes. I plan on finishing the season, nothing else on on Sundays at the same time I would rather watch anyway. I just hope that it picks back up again somehow. Tonights hasn't started off any more interesting either =(
    I agree; it has slowed down a bit. Tonight's ending with the uncomfortable car ride also seemed a little forced. I also kind of wish the father didn't have an OC background, that seems largely unnecessary to me.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    I agree; it has slowed down a bit. Tonight's ending with the uncomfortable car ride also seemed a little forced. I also kind of wish the father didn't have an OC background, that seems largely unnecessary to me.
    I enjoyed OC aspect until they came out and talked about it. I enjoyed the assuming more than the actual fact.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

OC?

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffes View Post
    OC?
    orange county. . jk organised crime

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Something still doesn't add up. If the wife killed her at her home, and the teacher helped clean up the mess and move the body, what about the very first episode at the start when they show the girl running through the woods with someone chasing her down with a spotlight? That would tell me she wasn't killed there or maybe she just wasn't dead when they moved her? Just doesn't add up yet, and we still have the fact of the $2000 pair of shoes.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie View Post
    Something still doesn't add up. If the wife killed her at her home, and the teacher helped clean up the mess and move the body, what about the very first episode at the start when they show the girl running through the woods with someone chasing her down with a spotlight? That would tell me she wasn't killed there or maybe she just wasn't dead when they moved her? Just doesn't add up yet, and we still have the fact of the $2000 pair of shoes.
    I believe they have also said that the condition of her body was such that she appeared to be alive while drowing in the trunk of the car. I'm guessing she went to the house, possibly had a fight or argument with the wife, the husband came home to mediate. Somehow she got paint thinner on her (maybe she was helping the wife or the teacher clean the floors?), and then she went somewhere else where she ended up getting killed.

The bottom line is the series is through 6-7 episodes, and there are still six or seven more to go. This isn't the solution, but will probably point them down a path to get to the eventual solution.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Isn't this going to go more then 1 season?

Edit: I mean the contract bitch fighting over Mad Men makes it clear thats close to completion, Breaking Bad probably has ~2 seasons left tops, they need something besides Walking Dead to serve as fresh tent poles so it doesnt end up like HBO post Sopranos.. so it seems odd that they would have a 1 season show esp after cancelling Rubicon.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by ZarakiKujata View Post
    Isn't this going to go more then 1 season?
    I believe I read an interview (EW.com, maybe?) where the creator said that, if it gets renewed, it would focus on one case per season, and it would be an entirely self contained story within that season. Much, if not all, of the cast would not be carried over from season to season.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

I believe I read an interview (EW.com, maybe?) where the creator said that, if it gets renewed, it would focus on one case per season, and it would be an entirely self contained story within that season. Much, if not all, of the cast would not be carried over from season to season.
    If this is true I'm sure it went over really well with the network execs lol cause thats what they wanted to do w/ Heroes too...

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

that's how the original killing series works

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Reznuh
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

it did slow down a bit the 4th & 5th episodes but this week i thought improved a bit, and i'm still excited for it every week, which doesn't happen with many shows

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I believe they have also said that the condition of her body was such that she appeared to be alive while drowing in the trunk of the car. I'm guessing she went to the house, possibly had a fight or argument with the wife, the husband came home to mediate. Somehow she got paint thinner on her (maybe she was helping the wife or the teacher clean the floors?), and then she went somewhere else where she ended up getting killed.
    But the husband and wife were seen carrying her body out of the house wrapped in a carpet or something.

Old Merits
    BG Level

The bottom line is the series is through 6-7 episodes, and there are still six or seven more to go. This isn't the solution, but will probably point them down a path to get to the eventual solution.

I think they are really trying to point all fingers at the teacher and his wife especially with the "testimony" but it could be falsified or whatever. She had the paint thinner under her fingernails so it could've been residue from a small spill or working with it or it really could've been from them cleaning her. She could have broken out of their clutches if she wasn't really dead during the move and escaped into the forest ala the first teaser.

I think they are saving up for a gigantic twist though so this is mostly speculation. I still really like the show and if they do make more seasons it'll be cool to see a different story each time. The Dad being oldschool OC is a little lame but just the way they're delivering it and all that, still cool lol.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Correct me if I'm wrong about the opening scene everyone is alluding to when she was running...

Wrong girl, wrong case. That was the last case that she worked, the one her family still gives her shit over. Sarah was jogging at the time that montage ran, she was simply reflecting on that previous case. On this case, the girl wasn't necessarily running around in the woods, although finding her shirt in the middle of a field could point toward that, could also be a dump. Zerged all the episodes today. No clue who the murderer is, and I almost find the election side story more compelling than the murder lol. I love how it interweaves so many families and outcomes around one little girl's murder. Great show

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong about the opening scene everyone is alluding to when she was running...

Wrong girl, wrong case. That was the last case that she worked, the one her family still gives her shit over. Sarah was jogging at the time that montage ran, she was simply reflecting on that previous case. On this case, the girl wasn't necessarily running around in the woods, although finding her shirt in the middle of a field could point toward that, could also be a dump. Zerged all the episodes today. No clue who the murderer is, and I almost find the election side story more compelling than the murder lol. I love how it interweaves so many families and outcomes around one little girl's murder. Great show
    Never thought about it like that, you could be right.
    I'm not so happy that it looks like it will be some random guy that we have yet to meet. WTF with the FBI shit?

Old Merits
    BG Level

I really enjoyed the first few episodes of this series but my excitement for it is tapering off somewhat. The whole thing with flying out to California but somehow missing the opportunity/putting it off is getting stale as shit and that whole side story of the wedding just seems completely irrelevant to the main story. The father being part of OC also seems forced to make the victim's family seem more interesting, but, in my opinion, they were more compelling before that was relieved. They were more relateable when they were just a typical family. The investigation itself feels like it's moving kinda slow too, but that might just be because I've been so conditioned by hour long cop shows that having one case span an entire season is somewhat foreign pacing.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I don't think the wedding is irrelevant at all. The story isn't so much about the murder and subsequent solution of said murder. If it were only that, as you said, you could squeeze this into an episode or miniseries. The point is how a single murder of a young girl affects people from so many different sectors. How a family, a detective, a mayor (and candidate), a school system, and essentially an entire cities political policies are literally at the mercy of this murder, on pins and needles if you will. This series isn't about just trying to solve a murder, it's about how people are affected, react, and respond to a murder they are directly and/or indirectly involved with.

You can almost liken it to "The Walking Dead", in which that isn't simply a zombie show, but focuses on how the people are challenged physically, emotionally, and psychologically.