+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    I really didn't enjoy the 1st one I have to admit (can't judge the others 'cause I never watched them). It seemed like when Crow came out that helped jump start the modern "goth" era (guys walking around in trench coats and Crow shirts). Meh, just wasn't for me. And ya this reboot thing is getting ridiculous.
    You can thank the wrestler Sting for that too

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    Wow, no one mentioning the original's awesome soundtrack? =/
    Yeah, one of the best ever!

The 1st crow movie was good, the rest are garbage.

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

The first crow movie was fucking awful. People only like it because of nostalgia.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

^nah. That scene where he kills the guy in the car and burns his symbol in the pavement is epic

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Titanss View Post
    ^nah. That scene where he kills the guy in the car and burns his symbol in the pavement is epic
    http://www.bamkapow.com/ul/4354-The-Crow-symbol.jpg
    Imokaywiththis.jpeg

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

^so fucking sick. I love it

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

that music during that scene is epic also

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The Crow is like Highlander to me.

Everything after the first is an abomination.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

FIRE IT UP FIRE IT UP

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

There ain't no coming back. This is the really real world, there ain't no coming back.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

http://geektyrant.com/storage/post-i...1/Cooper6.jpeg

It was recently reported that 28 Weeks Later director Juan Carlos Fresnadillo, was set to develop the remake of The Crow. Fans of the original film are already upset that the movie is getting the reboot, and I imagine this next bit of news is going to enrage some of the fans.

Bradely Cooper (The Hangover) is currently in early negotiations to take on the lead role in the film being produced by Relativity Media. Personally, I don't see Cooper in the role of The Crow at all. For those of you who don't know Cooper will play a rock musician who is murdered while trying to save his fiancée from thugs. He is resurrected by supernatural forces and seeks revenge. Brandon Lee originally played the character but was killed on the set in a freak accident in 1993.

According to THR Fresnadillo and Cooper recently met in spain "where the two hit it off and shared a vision for the character and the film." So it looks like everyone involved will end up sealing the deal.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/4/12...ow-remake.html
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...er+-+Movies%29

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

well the asshole has the hair for it.
    lol but when ever i see him its either "Cheesy comedy or romantic comedy". I don't think iv seen him in anything "dark".

Idk about this anymore

I haven't seen it yet myself, but I've heard he's pretty damn good in Limitless, which was a departure from his standard comedy roles.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Lately he has been seeking more "serious" roles. I think he had strong hopes to be Superman before this.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

I still picture him as the guy from wedding crashers

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

kinda like with kevin spacy i always think of seven

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by shidobu View Post
    well the asshole has the hair for it.
    lol but when ever i see him its either "Cheesy comedy or romantic comedy". I don't think iv seen him in anything "dark".

Idk about this anymore
    maybe he'll pull a whats his name who played joker. He wasnt famous or considered good either before he play joker.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    maybe he'll pull a whats his name who played joker. He wasnt famous or considered good either before he play joker.
    Hey! i liked Heath in a knights tale =\

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Knight's Tale was pretty good, Heath did a great job in that movie.

Bradely Cooper is a horrible actor IMO. His roles should be limited to The Hangover and however many remakes they're gonna end up milking out of it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

http://geektyrant.com/storage/post-i...relativity.jpg

It looks as though there is a major roadblock in the way of Relativity Media's planned reboot of The Crow to be directed by Juan Carlos Fresnadillo (28 Weeks Later). Earlier we reported that Bradley Cooper was in talks to play the lead role. The roadblock comes in the form of a lawsuit from The Weinstein Company against Relativity.

According to Deadline, the Weinstein's are being repped by Bert Fields, who is seeking injunctive relief and claiming there's "a written contract signed by everybody" which gives them exclusive worldwide distribution rights on the reboot. Of course, Relativity's Ryan Kavanaugh disagrees and plans to sell rights to the film to another studio. Negotiations have failed forcing the case to be heard in front of a judge. Here is what Fields had to say about the situation:

"He made a bunch of threats. Some people may submit to that kind of arrogant conduct, but we're not going to do it. If anybody tries to buy these distribution rights in The Crow, they are buying nothing but a lawsuit and they will get sued."
    The Crow is scheduled to shoot in the fall, but that is only if an agreement can be made between the studios. The report from Deadline only tells the side of the Weinstein's, we'll report if and when more news is available for Relativity.

Update: Here is a little bit about Relativity's side of the story. Deadline has posted a letter from Relativity's Chicago-based attorney Carol Genis in response to the injunction that Bert Fields sent on behalf of The Weinstein's.

Dear Mr. Fields:

As we have informed you, the project for which you are demanding representations from Relativity is not even in production. Relativity has no obligation whatsoever to produce or distribute The Crow, and certainly has no obligation to assure TWC of anything. Relativity will waste no further time engaging in a hypothetical dialogue with you about a potential dispute that may or may not arise in the future.

In addition to being premature, your letter smacks of delusion as it ignores TWCs multiple breaches of the parties March 25, 2009 agreement (Termination Agreement). TWC openly and undisputedly failed to meet its financial obligations relating to Nine and failed to meet the contractual minimum marketing spend and contractual minimum screens for that film. As TWC is well aware, its wrongful conduct led to serious financial and other damage to Relativity. On top of such breaches, your client has failed to make payments due to Relativity and to provide the required accounting statements. It takes gall for your client to make demands upon Relativity about The Crow, which has not even been greenlit, when TWCs failure to properly distribute Nine demonstrated that it will disregard and breach any and all of its distribution, marketing and financial obligations. If any party is entitled to seek legal remedies it is Relativity.

Further, your continued bluster about filing a lawsuit in an effort to force Relativity to distribute a nonexistent film through TWC is not only absurd, it is a blatant threat to breach the dispute resolution provision of the Termination Agreement. The Termination Agreement does not permit claims for injunctive relief to be brought in court. To the contrary, the Termination Agreement provides that [a]ny and all controversies, claims or disputes arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be resolved exclusively in one or more confidential arbitration proceedings in accordance with the procedures set forth in the NDA. (§ 15 (emphasis added).) The arbitration procedures in the NDA are found at Section 5.2, which sets forth the arbitration forum, rules, and appeal process. Your erroneous claim that TWC can bring a lawsuit arising out of the Termination Agreement is presumably based upon a misapplication of Section 5.1 of the NDA, which permits claims for injunctive relief arising out of an alleged breach of [the NDA] to be brought in court. As you know, the NDA has been terminated and TWC does not and cannot claim that Relativity is breaching or will breach the NDA. There is no good faith reading of these agreements which would permit TWC to file a lawsuit in court for a dispute arising under the Termination Agreement. As such, any claim brought by TWC in court will immediately be met with a motion for dismissal and sanctions. Your client is forewarned and proceeds at its own peril.

Nothing in this letter is intended to waive any rights or claims Relativity may have against TWC, and Relativity expressly reserves all such rights and claims.

Regards,
    Carol Genis
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/4/20...e-crow-re.html
    http://www.deadline.com/2011/04/excl...e-crow-remake/

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag