Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Masamune

in all cases, need another race data to cross check with taru ones Mougu collected like a pro RDM

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

If the servers are up enough for me to get my laptop, I can reDL the test server (hopefully) and automate the process. Do you need subless characters? Or if someone wants the script, give me a few dys and I'll write one up for you. Notify me in advance obviously.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Ok, I've figured out the HP. It's actually using a round() function instead of floor() or ceiling(). This only matters for levels 76 and up, since all calculations below that is based on simple integers. I'm not sure yet how fractions for both race and job get combined, since Taru HP is exactly 2.0, but that can be worked out with the Galka and Elvaan data.

With this, I appear to have a 100% match across all stats, aside from what I need Elvaan and Galka samples for. Mougu, thank you very much for this detailed work.

@Byrth: Max HP Boost IV occurs at level 70 mnk, not 75.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    If the servers are up enough for me to get my laptop, I can reDL the test server (hopefully) and automate the process. Do you need subless characters? Or if someone wants the script, give me a few dys and I'll write one up for you. Notify me in advance obviously.
    Yes, subjob-less Elvaan and Galka rdm should work best for HP and MP. If you can get a few with subjobs as well (any race/job/sj combo), that will help make sure the subjob calculations are being done properly, too.

Masamune

Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post
    Yes, subjob-less Elvaan and Galka rdm should work best for HP and MP. If you can get a few with subjobs as well (any race/job/sj combo), that will help make sure the subjob calculations are being done properly, too.
    imho would need 1st the subjobless elvaan for the same jobs Mougu did (to cross-check parameters).
    I'm much more concerned about the asumption job scaling grades changed but not race ones Motenten chose... i wished so hard the opposite so won't have to recheck old monster stats formulas (which are based on same job scaling as for player).

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
    imho would need 1st the subjobless elvaan for the same jobs Mougu did (to cross-check parameters).
    Um.. Mougu did -all- jobs. The reason I chose rdm is because there's less variability among the stats, so I can focus more on the race changes. Can just as easily do blu, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
    I'm much more concerned about the asumption job scaling grades changed but not race ones Motenten chose... i wished so hard the opposite so won't have to recheck old monster stats formulas (which are based on same job scaling as for player).
    First, I think you need to define your terms here. Are you referring to the actual grade values (ie: A, B, C, D, E, F, G), or are you referring to the rates that each of those grades progress at at various levels? If the first, I don't know why you think that I'm somehow assuming that any of the grades changed for races -or- jobs, because I did not modify any of them. If the latter, I don't know why you think that I use different scaling parameters for races compared to jobs; they all use exactly the same formulas.

If a race has an A rating in something, you get exactly the same increase in a given stat as if the job had an A rating in that same stat. Races do not use different tables than jobs. Also, the scaling rates did not "change" compared to what they were before; I simply have more data now, and can get more accurate estimates of their actual values. That's the only thing that changed: the estimated values for scaling rates at different grades.

Masamune

Well, true i may have misworded myself, but i meant mostly the coefs used within each of those grades... (the letters A, B, ...G are just there for convenience, can perfectly keep same ones but with different coefs within each, means end results still change lol)
    ...and given the very few data we have proving the actual format of the formula, we can also say the format used for the formulas are something "pulled out of their ass" (excuse me the expression) ie having no scientific basis except the arguement "They work!".
    So while i don't contest the fact you found current scaling grades and their corresponding coefs matching 100% all tarutaru stats, have to admit seeing coefs in /1024 format, a rounding trick additional formula on top, ... and asumption RACE grades and coefs didnot change makes me like "er... are you sure?"
    I don't want to sound like a jerk or w/e, but i'm having high suspicions since it sound so unlikely a SE dev would use such complicated, ineffective and slow ways for stats...

Other consequence is regarding Monster stats: JPs "somehow" determined some formulas for monster Race portion, making the asumption Monster Job portion is the same as for Players... so if assuming Player Races grades and coefs didnot change makes indeed finding Job grades/coefs easier/faster with only current Mougu's data, but also means will have to rework JPs formulas so we get in the end the same Monster stats (if they stayed the same in game lol...) or worse retest in game all mobs stats...

In other terms, is there another working combo of coefs for each A, B, ..., G Taru grades while keeping ALL job grades and coefs the same as before ?

EDIT: Sorry, after rereading myself i got a doubt and checked: Monster Stats have their own JOB scaling coefs for each grade... What i wrote above the striked paragraph stays tough.