+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Foul Cascade     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Foul Cascade

How do you handle the three bosses you first run into? I was main healing in a public group (nightmare of an experience), but the ghost kept coming back and hitting me every time i tried to cast anything. The tank kept accusing me of not stacking behind the boss.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Is this the one with the S&M dude, ghost, and like magician?

If so:

You probably know that they take turns on who you can fight for 1 round (I forget the rotation, but the other two will be immune), once that's done though you can kill anyone one of them.

Kill the ghost first because it will keep running around otherwise. and ya as the leader said everyone needs to stack behind the magi dude while killing it. once that's done, you kill the S&M dude, then magi dude (these two are pretty cake, the hardest part is getting the ghost down.)

tbh, I remember when we did it (only did the zone once), we had a rough time doing even that because the ghost hits so hard. so we went in a circle the other way (the paths split at that rift in the beginning) to hopefully gain some levels before approaching them again. Which we did, and managed to kill it.

BG Level

I found this in telarapedia:

The script itself revolves around only Matron being able to be damaged, as both Lesche and Gurze both have immunity buff. Upon pulling and reducing Matron's health to 80%, she will immediately gain the immunity buff, in which Lesche now loses immunity and can be attacked. Lesche contains a special ability that charges, stuns, and does around 1000 damage to non tank players.

At this point, regardless of class, all members should stand within 3m of Lesche as it is tanked to remove this factor from the encounter. Once Lesche reaches 50% health, it will immediately obtain the immunity buff, and Gurze attacks the group. At this part of the Script, both Matron and Lesche are immune, with only Gurze able to be damaged. Gurze special ability is to enrage, growing in size, and doing massive frontal cone damage of up to 950 depending on armor. Gurze must, at all times, be facing away from the group, who should remain together behind Gurze.

Once Gurze is damaged to 50%, Lesche activated and both Lesche and Gurze fight the group until both are dead. The group should choose which to burn down, and immediately focus fire until that minion is dead. When both minions are dead, Matron finally loses her immunity buff for the remainder of the encounter. She obtains a new ability at this final part of the script, being a death based area of effect that hits everyone for up to 800 death based damage.
    Which is different from what you're saying.

Regardless, from now on i am probably gonna research an instance before going to it, otherwise you get it explained to you half assed, and the leader flips out for not knowing how to do the boss fight. What a fag

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post

Regardless, from now on i am probably gonna research an instance before going to it, otherwise you get it explained to you half assed, and the leader flips out for not knowing how to do the boss fight. What a fag
    To be fair, not doing a quick research on an instance that you are MAIN HEALING is pretty lazy. I mean it could be somehow excusable if you are a dps, but definitely not when you're in charge of keeping everybody alive. As for the strat, there is really nothing more to it than what you put in your first post : stand behind the ghost and not in front of the zombie (he cleaves). I'm pretty sure a group would understand you saying "afk 5 min researching the boss fights", why always rely on other people when you know most of them are stupid?

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

err that's exactly what I was saying, but as I said I didn't remember the rotation at the beginning. So I guess it's magi first, ghost, then S&M dude. but once that rotation is done you can kill either. We killed the ghost first.

But ya again, when you get to that split the next time you get a group, get the group to go left instead of right. It will circle around anyway and after you kill them all you fight a boss in the center (at that rift). better to down the other bosses and see how good people are, and at least get some gear out of it, 'cause that 3 boss is rough.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

To be fair, not doing a quick research on an instance that you are MAIN HEALING is pretty lazy. I mean it could be somehow excusable if you are a dps, but definitely not when you're in charge of keeping everybody alive. As for the strat, there is really nothing more to it than what you put in your first post : stand behind the ghost and not in front of the zombie (he cleaves). I'm pretty sure a group would understand you saying "afk 5 min researching the boss fights", why always rely on other people when you know most of them are stupid?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

double post

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tonyg View Post
    Lazy, yes, but it was always unnecessary given that someone always knew what to do. The problem this time was that the strategy was far more complex than the previous two instances, and that was not conveyed. Naturally, if nobody knew what to do, you have no choice but to investigate, but the lesson i got from this is even is someone knows what to do, you should do your own research just in case they're fags.

BG Level

You said stand behind the ghost, but the info i posted doesn't mention the ghost doing cone aoe (it mentions that the zombie does it).

I don't care, make something up!
    BG Level

The chain guy cleaves and the ghost charges people x yards away, if I remember correctly. When all are active, you need to stack behind the chain guy and kill the ghost (lesh?) first, then chains, then main guy; first one active.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

You said stand behind the ghost, but the info i posted doesn't mention the ghost doing cone aoe (it mentions that the zombie does it).
    actually I said this

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    everyone needs to stack behind the magi dude while killing it
    magi dude =/= ghost. I was mistaken though that it's the S&M dude that does it not the middle guy. You need to stack though so the ghost doesn't charge around, not because of cone aoe.

BG Level

Stop saying stack; fucking wow speak

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Yeah, don't have to stand behind him, just anywhere very close to him. Getting charged here and there shouldn't be a huge problem either, though, I've had some groups that don't bother stacking (I don't play WoW so I can use this word) and they just power through it.

What kind of heal spec are you? I could see a sentinel having quite a bit of trouble with healing through the charges, but as a warden I don't have much trouble healing still if I get stunned every once in a while.

BG Level

I'm at level 35 with slightly more points towards warden than sentinel. Ironically, i was considering respecing more towards sentinel since every now and then i couldn't keep up with the damage the tank was receiving.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Hmm, I'm not sure how they compare at that level, I leveled as sentinel for healing and didn't try warden at all until I reached 50, so maybe it has more trouble at lower levels with keeping the tank up. I actually thought this was about the expert version of the fight also XD but they're both the same anyways I think.

BG Level

Yea, sometimes the tank went down for a reason i have yet to identify and sometimes i went down due to not being told that lesch specifically targets people who are not near him.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Take the witch to the boulder on the right, and use the boulder to los her from the Pets when she sends them in. She stays there even if she isn't casting, run around it to where you can't see her anymore, tank adds and collect shiny stuff.