Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Emotional reaction     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Not entirely sure how BB hasn't made it here yet but since we're on the topic of old school videos people seemed to enjoy and look up to, I bring you:

That video made my day for like a year straight.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

I bash one out to the intro occasonally, don't like to get emotionally attached though.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by In Flames View Post
    The gustaberg music is my favourite. I spent about a week or so soon after i started camping leaping lizzy and the music really sunk in.
    ^
    This a thousand times over. A few months after I started (2004), I too camped LL for like 3 days straight and that music just stuck with me. Probably my favorite.

EDIT: I can't believe I forgot my most memorable thing. When I started it was the Sunbreeze Festival, so the instant I logged on I was greeted by that awesome music and neat looking fireworks. That's probably my strongest connection since it was so surreal the first time.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Taube View Post
    I rarely venture back to Bastok regions anymore, don't wanna part from all my OPs in Sandy, But I still get a pang of nostalgia whenever I somehow happen to be in South Gustaberg... Holy Flying Spaghetti Monster the world was so big back then, first trip to San d'Oria was like travelling to the other side of the world....
    This. Everytime I hear that music, it reminds me of my days as a WAR/MNK with a Scythe. LOL Then when I think about how long ago that was, it makes me realize that I've been playing this game for a long ass time.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I was just watching the distant worlds dvd and during Ronfaure they where playing that video (ffxi opening vid).. wave of chills and emotion hit me hard.. I can't imagine if I was there I'd probably cry lol

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

did u buy the dvd? cos if not, i've been wanting to get my hands on that somehow and haven't been able to find it anywhere

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    did u buy the dvd? cos if not, i've been wanting to get my hands on that somehow and haven't been able to find it anywhere
    Yeah I bought it from Amazon. Worth the $30 to me at least

Quote Originally Posted by Pikarya View Post
    This has been posted before, but it gets me everytime.

This video pretty much summarizes why FFXI is far superior to FFXIV in the graphics department. FFXIV has HD and copy-pasted envirorments. FFXI has incredible attention to details and artistic value.

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    This. Everytime I hear that music, it reminds me of my days as a WAR/MNK with a Scythe. LOL Then when I think about how long ago that was, it makes me realize that I've been playing this game for a long ass time.
    Oh God, that reminds me of my brother and I levelling our BSTs using scythes because they had the highest damage rating of all the available weapons. We were gonna make a fortune off Astral Rings from the Ghelsba BCNM20, mark my words.

Saruta's music has always done it for me in the nostalgiagasm department, Selbina's too.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Nevex View Post
    This video pretty much summarizes why FFXI is far superior to FFXIV in the graphics department. FFXIV has HD and copy-pasted envirorments. FFXI has incredible attention to details and artistic value.
    This is correct, when you explore Vana'diel you get a sense of detail that someone sat down and added every little aspect for a reason. In XIV it feels like you're playing on randomly generated terrain done by an algorithm.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nevex View Post
    Also summarizes why FFXI is the best thing to ever come out of Square Soft/SE.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Brings back memories of my first week playing the game, I think it took me a few hours to realize that I could /heal. Everyone I asked said I needed potions to heal myself or magic so I ended up just dying every few battles to get my HP back. Home point right at the North Sandy gate so that I could easily get back out and kill bunnies. This game has been something that I don't think any other experience could ever replace.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Skylark View Post
    Brings back memories of my first week playing the game, I think it took me a few hours to realize that I could /heal. Everyone I asked said I needed potions to heal myself or magic so I ended up just dying every few battles to get my HP back. Home point right at the North Sandy gate so that I could easily get back out and kill bunnies. This game has been something that I don't think any other experience could ever replace.
    I had a similar problem with heal haha, but I would run all the way to my mog house instead of dying. Also the first time I ever locked onto a mob while not engaged I was freaking out because I couldn't figure out how I had done it or how to undo it, same thing with going from run to walk actually.

Good times.

I was lucky enough to find a jp that was really nice and explained everything to me after a few hours of wtfing though.

Love that video, to this day it's still one of my favorites to go back and watch every now and then, wouldn't say I get an emotional reaction from it though.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Omg same at the locking on thing. I had to walk away slowly until it lost target.

I think I was the only person that actually read the control manual on the car ride home.

I did type using the controller for the first month or so tho, we didn't have a spare USB keyboard.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    Omg same at the locking on thing. I had to walk away slowly until it lost target.
    I just ran to the mob and had it kill me

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I think I was the only person that actually read the control manual on the car ride home.

I did type using the controller for the first month or so tho, we didn't have a spare USB keyboard.
    I typed on my controller all through ps2, to 360, until I finally caved in and got pc. I have no idea how I managed. lol

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

While on the topic of silly shit on first few days of play, I remember the first time I killed a yagudo I ran up to my brothers room with my arms in the air and screamed I FUCKING KILLED ONE

It was the most intense fight I've ever done in FFXI, had to 2hr for that shit!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

My lame story: I made my first char in Nov 2005, a hume blm, and after playing only an hour or so I decided I would rather be taru. I deleted the first character, and remade a taru blm. When I was on the hume I didn't notice I had a scroll of stone until a while after running around talking to npcs, so when I logged into my taru...I was running around talking to every npc I found--in an attempt to find the one who gave me the scroll. Never thought to look at my inventory from the beginning...