+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trion emails     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Trion emails

So lately i've been getting these emails that look legit about changes made to my password/account. The problem is that i made these changes a long time ago (changed my password). The email says that my account might be at serious risk and gives me a link to verify account info. But when i click this link with google chrome a popup says that it's a possible site for phishing, and i know that it's probably not a fluke since i can manually head into my account via a link i saved when i registered for the game earlier and this popup does not appear. So i'm thinking scam.

Anybody get these?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I haven't but then i never click anything inside emails anyways, legit or not. It's just easier and safer to pull up the account page myself.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I received one yesterday, looked pretty legit. Added it to junkmail though since account info doesn't say anything of the sort (Account compromised) occurred.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

If you click the link the address says triu rather than trion. This is most def a scam. Should probably change thread title to trion emails (scam) so people have a heads up.

While my first instinct is always a scam on such things, I also highlight any links out of curiosity. Typically you'll notice little misspellings in the link, often pulled off via 1's for l's, and so on.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    So lately i've been getting these emails that look legit about changes made to my password/account. The problem is that i made these changes a long time ago (changed my password). The email says that my account might be at serious risk and gives me a link to verify account info. But when i click this link with google chrome a popup says that it's a possible site for phishing, and i know that it's probably not a fluke since i can manually head into my account via a link i saved when i registered for the game earlier and this popup does not appear. So i'm thinking scam.

Anybody get these?
    I only played Beta, and I get emails all the time about password changing, or "we have reason to believe you are trying to sell your account" .... definatly some fraudulant attempts for info.