An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Wouldn't it have been incredibly noticeable through elemental WS? Or Gandiva/Physical with crit atmas?

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Wildfire has it's own dSTAT cap that seems random too, not surprising Primal Rend is the same.

AM3's Double Damage for Empyrean weapons is high at 300 TP (50%?), so its easy to see it doesn't work on WS. And yea, as Yugl mentioned it would be easy to see on stuff like Wildfire.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Wouldn't it have been incredibly noticeable through elemental WS? Or Gandiva/Physical with crit atmas?
    Yep. It would also be quite noticeable on Blade: Hi due to the high fTP. An ODD proc on the first hit alone would give the appearance of 2x TA procs but would not have the corresponding TP return, nevermind otherwise unexplainable spikes when ODD proc'd on the main hit and DA/TA proc'd as well. As I said though, I've never seen numbers that could only be explained by ODD procs.

Infernal Scythe's attack down effect is -25%, tested using the Molting Burst method. 734 attack beforehand, 550 after.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kirschy View Post
    Wildfire has it's own dSTAT cap that seems random too, not surprising Primal Rend is the same.

AM3's Double Damage for Empyrean weapons is high at 300 TP (50%?), so its easy to see it doesn't work on WS. And yea, as Yugl mentioned it would be easy to see on stuff like Wildfire.
    What you mean random? Like number doesn't make sense or changing? The few times I've tested it was always 1276 for that term same as sanguine blade. Remember seeing some studio golbi stuff way back when that tested some blu spells too and looks like they came up with same number

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

She means that 1276 (or 638 ) is a pretty strange number to pick for a cap.

I went around and tested some additional effect potencies/durations last night.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well stop being a tease about it and tell!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Infernal Scythe gives -25% Attack and lasts up to 9 minutes, also has a half-duration resist state like Breaks.
    Blade: Yu has -10HP/tick poison that lasts up to 4.5 minutes, also has a half-duration resist state like Breaks.

Also, I don't have Garland of Bliss so I can't check its mods. I could unlock it on the main server I guess but . . . SMN melee . . . . . . .

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

So anyone can understand something from this?

Spoiler: show

こんにちは。

たくさんのフィードバックありがと

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

"Good evening everyone. A lot of feedback, thanks."

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

After playing with WSs that people actually care about, I decided to take a break and play with Flaming Arrow. It's notable for being described as "Damage Varies with TP", when in fact it does no such thing. Also, it claims to do fire damage and the animation is fire-y, but it is unaffected by MAB. I was originally interested because I thought it was potentially a "hybrid" WS, but it doesn't seem to be. The equation I have for it is 1 fTP with 16% STR / 25% AGI (same mods as almost every other Archery WS).

Random things I noticed:
    * True Shot works with it
    * MAB does not work with it
    * 100 and 300TP fTPs are the same. There is no change in the WS.

Harrier +2 (D100) with Ruszor Arrows (D46) all WSs done from exactly 10.0' with 95 AGI. I only varied STR, because in the end that was enough to explain everything.
    73 STR = 630 damage
    77 STR = 639 damage
    82 STR = 642 damage
    84 STR = 645 damage
    89 STR = 645 damage
    95 STR = 648 damage
    95 STR, 300 TP = 648 damage
    95 STR, 13 MAB = 648 damage

I'm going to go brew it now and see if it scales as expected, but I bet it does.
    Harharharharhar jk. It did 20k damage. What the fuck?

Berserk, Stalwart's, Red Curry Bun, Brew, Atma of Fire and Flames, Atma of the Stout Arm, Atma of the Drifter:
    No True Shot, neutral target: 21901 (repeated four times)
    True Shot, neutral target: 23430
    No True Shot, neutral target, +13 MAB in gear: 22159 (Turban, U.pendant, Novio, Hecate's, 0 MP merits)

Going to warp back and repeat the E.Ron test with MAB and then go to bed. Repeated the test with the same MAB setup that I used above and got no change in damage.

The easiest explanation is to say the WS counts as two hits, with the fTP modified magical half of the WS being second and the physical half of the WS being first.

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Masamune

I am wondering something: how ppl got this 20% number for the merited WSs, and also the mod100% at 5/5 merits ?

Would a progression like Merit1=17% > Merit2=34% > Merit3=51% > Merit4=68% > Merit5=85%, work with data if there is any ?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

There is testing. Look at some of the WS pages on bgwiki, click the links, and rework the math yourself if you don't trust it.

SE says it's 17% mod in the description because it's 20%*alpha (.85) = 17%

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Hi all, what would be the best way to test if the accuracy bonus of the first hit carries over across the board for those WS that has ftp carrying over across the board? I am welling to test it but wondering what will be the best way to do it for accurate result.

Thank you.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

blinding potions + a bunch of WS with no DA/TA etc. and no Conserve TP.

Look at TP return to figure number of hits, see if the first hit lands more than the others.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

what mob would be the best to do that I won't be capped in accuracy with blinding potions yet easy enough to not die? I will have to use Drk to test this cuz Drg has conserve tp, and I am not sure how long my Drk can live.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Frogs in La Theine or Chigoe in Ahttowa are pretty evasive, use pdt/regen/eva(regain?) whatever atma instead of anything with dex like RR.

And don't get the str/dex cruor buff.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I think Blinding Potions may end up being overkill. The WS Acc bonus is only something like ~100 Acc and blinding potions are (IIRC?) -256.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I think Blinding Potions may end up being overkill. The WS Acc bonus is only something like ~100 Acc and blinding potions are (IIRC?) -256.
    Sure, if you can get your hit rate down to less than 50% without them, go for it. I don't know if there's anything you can easily do that on without the mob being able to hit you often and hard, considering you *have* to have over 357 skill to have the WS.