some "let's play" videos

part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udp5ozoYfxM
    part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_MgTsUBMIg
    part 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMD-KIVHV68
    part 4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMxRJBO4uDs

Looks really fucking cool, can't wait

edit: they better fucking port this to ios too

oh yea and some more details:
    *Every item has mouseover stats and descriptions.
    *Crafting simply examines the items you're holding and any nearby workbenches, then gives you a list of all the items you can build at that time.
    *Building a 'back' wall in a building takes a lot of materials, but it prevents monster spawning.
    *Because blocks are so small, you'll use a lot more for even simple structures. However, this is balanced out. For instance, trees can yield dozens of logs and don't take long to chop (the whole tree comes down when destroyed) and each log turns into 4 walls, so the rate of return is much higher.
    *Furniture is already in.
    *Various characters will 'move in' to your world when conditions have been met, and you can choose where to organize them, shelter them, house them, etc. Merchants are one of the first to move in, and will arrive after some brief adventuring has netted you a required amount of coins, and you have a suitable walled off area to move him into.
    *Zombies (and probably other mobs) will pound on your doors all night trying to get in.
    *The moon has phases.
    *When there's a Blood Moon, Zombies will actually be able to breach walls and kick in doors after enough time. Zombie siege!
    *Slimes drop gel which is used to make torches.
    *PvP can be turned on and off at will. It also includes color-coded teams.
    *Water behaves realistically, flowing and draining.
    *By default, you sink (and drown, after a time) in water, but later on you can make artifacts that will allow you to swim, breathe underwater, etc.
    *Antique pots spawn with the world and contain money when smashed.
    *Mushrooms spawn with the world and can be eaten for quick health at low levels.
    *Dying consequences aren't yet determined, but the most likely path they'll go with is losing money when you die.

From the in-game guide's "help":
    *"Once you have a wooden sword, you might try to gather some gel from slimes. Combine wood and gel to make a torch!"
    *"Underground there are crystal hearts that can be used to increase your max life. You will need a hammer to harvest them."
    *"Stars fall all over the world at night. They can be used for all sorts of useful things. If you see one, be sure to grab it because they disappear after sunrise."
    *"If you gather 10 fallen stars, they can be combined to create an item that will increase your magic capacity."
    *"There are many different ways to attract people to move into your town. They will of course need a home to live in."
    *"Two people will not live in the same home. Also, if their home is destroyed, they will look for a new place to live."
    *"In order for a room to be considered a home, it needs to have a chair, door, table, and light source. The house should have walls as well!"
    *"If you want a merchant to move in, you will need to gather plenty of money. 50 silver coins should do the trick!"
    *"For a nurse to move in, you will need to increase your maximum life."
    *"If you had a gun, I bet an arms dealer might show up to sell you some ammo."
    *"You should prove yourself by defeating a strong monster. That will get the attention of a dryad."
    *"You can make a grappling hook from a hook and 3 chains. They can be made from iron bars. Skeletons found deep underground usually carry hooks."
    edit: some duplicate info but some new stuff
    Map-generation like Minecraft. It's completely random and unique from eachother.
    ¤ Able to turn PvP off/on WHENEVER. Can also join red blue green and yellow teams.
    ¤ Smooth water! Flows nicely.
    ¤ Awesome death-by-drowning animation! (Exploding)
    ¤ Drowning.
    ¤ NPCs, like Guides and Merchants.
    ¤ Creation of houses.
    ¤ Mobs! Like Slimes and Zombies!
    ¤ Zombies pound on doors in the night-time, but have no effect.
    ¤ When there is a red moon, zombies can open doors.
    ¤ Chop down trees with only destroying one part.
    ¤ Mushrooms that heal your hearts.
    ¤ Acorns are found from trees and can be used to plant new trees.
    ¤ There are things like copper and silver and other ores.
    ¤ Crafting benches with a crafting screen that has all the items that you can craft. It shows you what you can craft and what you can't craft.
    ¤ In Alpha stages and not released to the public.
    ¤ If everyone on the server has 50 silver, a merchant can appear. You can purchase items from him, obviously.
    ¤ Instead of using lights as a method of having no monsters spawn inside somewhere, your house for example, you can create 'background walls.' These prevent monsters spawning where the walls are.
    ¤ Pots and dungeon chests with items!
    ¤ Heart containers which you use hammers to break to get hearts.
    ¤ Merchants sell anvils, which are used to craft metal items.
    ¤ In world generation there are very tall trees. It is unknown if trees can actually grow this tall if you plant them.
    ¤ You can wield 5 accessories. Accessories will give you longer breath or other things. An example of an Accessory from a video: Cloud in a bottle - Allows user to double jump.
    ¤ There is mana in the game, which most likely means that there is magic.
    ¤ There are phases of the moon and events that relate to the phases.
    ¤ Boss monsters! The Eye Of Cthlulu, The Eater of Worlds, and a giant floating Skeleton head with arms.
    from http://terrariaonline.com/?p=16

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

For some reason I can't shake the feeling the dev used the FF1 battle-mode sprite for Fighter as their base for all the sprites.

Anyways, looks ok. Mob waves makes it look like building a fort actually would save your ass. Kinda makes me curious if someone will ever mod Minecraft itself to work on a 2d plane.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Looks decent, I just don't like the mechanic of not being able to build things. Something I must have, and love in Minecraft.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

game leaked final code, will actually be released on monday via steam apparently.
    its hard but fun, cant wait for multiplayer

wow, so soon? Have they indicated how much it'll cost?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

might as well just dig a hole and hide in it till night time is over... jeez lmao

fucking eyeballs

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

o: looks entertaining.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I am usually turned off by Minecraft clones... but this looks fun and appears to have a whole slew of items/accessories/monsters/NPCs/etc. which is what makes me want to play it.

Is there any sort of exp/level system in place? They talk about mushrooms being for "low levels" but I see no evidence of actual levels.

Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Looks pretty cool, I think I'm going to buy it when it comes out Monday. It's supposed to be only $10. Definitely going to have to get a BG server up and running! I recommend going through the let's play videos that were posted above. I'm on #6.

Monday? The last i'd heard for a date was june sometime.

Edit: nevermind. Just checked the faq on the site and its may 16th now. I swear just last week it said june

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Does anyone want to start a server to see how it plays before the game comes out?

Edit: I'm really starting to like this game:

anyone playing this yet? It's on steam now, I'm currently downloading

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

just booted it up. i am excite

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Ill probably make a large BG multiplayer world later, pretty sure my ports are ok

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Playing with a friend now. Can't get a merchant to spawn for some reason.

this shit is amazing, omg

does anyone know how to remove/replace walls?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Balllls steam wont let me create and account so I cant seem to get this FFFFFFFFFF

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Is there item durability in this game? Seems like 'no' but since it appears to take far more material/item crafted I'd hope they'd either last forever or last nearly forever so you'd have plenty of time to farm an upgrade/replacement before you lost your stuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast