Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanna View Post
    1.3 BG servers are up:

BGizzle Hermizzle (Expert) - w3rd.ddns.net:7781 password bg
    BG Strip Mine #1 - w3rd.ddns.net:7782 password bg

Consider the expert server to be a permanent world, while the normal server is a disposable resource world.
    Can't get on, says I'm not using the same version as the server (I'm using 1.3.2, the most recent version).

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

They snuck an update within the last hour or so.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'll update it in a moment.

*edit* Done and back up.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I'll be strip mining on the server for a bit. TY for the server Arkanna

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Np. If you want a permanent "normal" world let me know.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Btw, I was fucking with processor affinity a little bit ago, so if it went completely bonkers, that's why. Just experimenting.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

That might explain why it went night/day super quick and then I got gibbed by like 30 mobs running and blinking all over the screen.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    That might explain why it went night/day super quick and then I got gibbed by like 30 mobs running and blinking all over the screen.
    this highly amuses me. I can't wait to jump on tonight lol

starting a fresh character, in the expert world. hope to see you guys on there!

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I went in and peeked at the expert BG world before I went to bed last night and I must admit, I was highly amused at seeing the landscape littered with a couple dozen tombstones. Expert 4tw

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanna View Post
    I went in and peeked at the expert BG world before I went to bed last night and I must admit, I was highly amused at seeing the landscape littered with a couple dozen tombstones. Expert 4tw
    You need a Iron/Lead sword ASAP. Hitting 100-200 HP basic zombies and slimes (some of which can hit you for up to 60+ damage) for 1-2 hp per hit with the starter sword is a no go.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

yeah I just went up to the hill and built some housing... I was like, not even gonna try to explore yet lol. still need to build a floating house but I'll need a grappling hook for that. I kept the room sizes/furnishings to the bare minimum (except for ice torches because I had ice so why not?) They're really just temporary housing for new NPCs... always have at least one housing unit available, I've learned.

I might keep building on this server if you're going to keep it up for a while. It's kind of a different experience playing this with other people, even if they're not around.

also, how do people feel about items left in chests? my general feeling is to leave them alone unless I put them there, but maybe you guys feel differently...?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Chests are free grab since you can make a piggy bank or safe that only you can access. Also, a way to increase inventory, in a sense, since you can carry them with items in them.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'll keep it up as long as there's interest in playing. This is a headless server that I use for nothing but game hosting so it's not like I need it for anything.

"Jammin'!"
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    copper/iron/silver/gold still exist but tin/lead/tungsten/platinum are alternate ores, each world can spawn with one or the other but never both. so you might get copper/iron/tungsten/platinum, for example. there are also hardmode alternate ores and each world can start with either Crimson or Corruption, but never both.

general flow is much the same... mine for better ore -> better equipment -> better ore -> beat bosses -> Crimson/Corruption gear -> jungle -> underworld -> wall of flesh -> hardmode -> gather hardmode ores -> beat hardmode bosses

that is a very simplified version of the game progression. also, you can pretty easily skip jungle if for some reason it bores you.
    Ahh, I see. So Gold/plat pickaxe then we start taking out the orbs/hearts in the corruption/crimson. After that it's the Jungle/Dungeon/Hell before hardmode.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

basically yes. also, once you beat Eye of Ctulhu, the druid will move in - this is important because she sells purification powder, which converts the Corruption/Crimson blocks to regular stone, which allows you to easily mine through the Corruption/Crimson, which is another way of reaching the orbs/hearts without having to have a stronger pickaxe.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You can also take a shortcut when it comes to breaking orbs. If you want to farm orbs before killing the Eye for any reason, dynamite makes short work of the corruption/crimson blocks as well.

(Am I the only person in the world that still types "dynamis" whenever I'm trying to type "dynamic" or "dynamite"?)

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I got to admit extreme did a good job of breaking me. I've had a hell of a time finding lead ore just so I don't get slaughtered by zombies.

Doesn't help I have corruption west of me and desert east of me.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I know right? I'm toying with the idea of heading to the strip mine to equip myself better but... that feels kinda like cheating. I'm not saying it's cheating, I'm just saying for me the point of extreme mode is to enjoy the challenge.

also, what time do people play? I'm usually on around 11 PM CST if that works for anyone else. not that we all need to play at the same time but it might be kinda fun.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Server updated to version 1.3.0.3. There's a client update also.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

So, a lot of people say in expert, start digging down and find the underground jungle. There's a chance to spawn the sword in the stone (Arkhalis). You can get to it without any encounters and it takes any hit to knock it out of whatever is holding it.

Edit: I'm dumping stuff into the box for free grabs. I'm playing solo in my world because I want to get hardmode going and don't want fresh guys logging in to HM.

Edit edit: I added a couple more boxes, a safe, and a piggy bank. Dumping more stuff into the boxes so take whatever you want. I farmed the meteor that dropped (go go dynamite).