BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Yeyoking View Post
    Stewart does a comedy show, Colbert does a news show....they're two different things.
    Did you mean to reverse those two? Maybe it's just me, but I tend to find Stewart doing a lot more news pieces with comedy tied in, whereas I find Colbert doing a lot more bits.

That being said, Stewart all the way. I love Colbert, but I think everything about TDS is overall better than TCR.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

maher>stewart>colbert

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

Quote Originally Posted by Hatedregret View Post
    Colbert is always interrupted and being a general biased prick during them.
    This is intentional btw if you actually didn't know. Apparently he talks with his guests before each show, let's them know it's just a joke and supposedly have a civil discussion sometimes on what they're here for. If I had to guess the reasoning I'd just say he does that with his guests cause a different audience would be interested in hearing about what they consider a 'boring' guest if Colbert is there to keep them laughing. He's had some funny moments on some interviews doing this, but his interviews are really never boring.

Likewise I prefer Jon Stewarts interviewing cause of the type of discussions he has, and if a topic is really interesting he won't end it early due to time constraints, but just throw it on the web for us to see it in full.

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by aduidarnenye View Post
    Word of the Day has been almost consistent failure since the greatness of truthiness.
    wut

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I won't lie, I have been known to skip Stewart's interviews (unless its someone I wanna watch) but I will watch EVERY Colbert interview.

Ridill
    BG Level

I miss Colbert's better know a district stuffs.
    I still occasionally have to rewatch the one where the politician was saying how important the 10 commandments are and then colbert asks him to name the commandments, and he can only say 3 of them.

and Conan has a higher priority for me than stewart or colbert. I watch Conan during his 1st broadcast, then stewert/colbert on their repeat.

Science Fiction Super Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

im about 51% stewart and 49% colbert

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Stewart does a comedy show, Colbert does a news show....they're two different things.
    Think you meant the opposite lol

But ya, as much as I love them both, deep down I miss them being on one show with Steve Carell, Ed Helms, n' crew. Though Stewart seems pro at hirering new cast members to the point they never seem to stay long since their movie/tv show career always kicks off.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

We need an Asif and Wyatt show... Heck put them in the same show!

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Man, forgot how awesome Harvey Birdman was.. Didn't they 'kill' off Phil because The Colbert Report became so successful?

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

Surprised to see the split between Stewart & Colbert. Colbert usually entertains me more between funny and interesting bits and a mix of art and culture in his interviews, but I feel like I get more out of Stewart's show as far as making sense of issues and information, even when they cover the same topics. On that point I generally like Stewart's guests better and his interviews are some of the best when they talk seriously. Watching the extended Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders videos now. http://www.thedailyshow.com/extended-interviews !

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    Did you mean to reverse those two?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post

woosh

he was making a joke about colbert being a 'conservative' and being serious about everything he says rather than making jokes

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Stewart is by far the superior of the two. Both are by far superior to all other news shows.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenmonk View Post
    maher>stewart>colbert
    I'd have to agree with this as well. I prefer Maher out of all them.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Norm McDonald > Sportsdome is the easiest Comedy Central argument though.

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Norm McDonald > Sportsdome is the easiest Comedy Central argument though.
    I cannot agree. Sportsdome had entire episodes where I couldn't stop laughing. Norm makes me chuckle maybe once per show. Am not too much of a fan. Blake Griffin and youtube sensation skit were really really bad. Non-jokes might be ok when you are speaking them, but not when you are doing a skit.

aduidarnenye

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    Likewise I prefer Jon Stewarts interviewing cause of the type of discussions he has, and if a topic is really interesting he won't end it early due to time constraints, but just throw it on the web for us to see it in full.
    That's another reason I prefer Stewart's interviews over Colbert's.

Also, I tend to watch Colbert's opening monologue and features but go to bed when the interview starts.

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    Did you mean to reverse those two? Maybe it's just me, but I tend to find Stewart doing a lot more news pieces with comedy tied in, whereas I find Colbert doing a lot more bits.

That being said, Stewart all the way. I love Colbert, but I think everything about TDS is overall better than TCR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post

But ya, as much as I love them both, deep down I miss them being on one show with Steve Carell, Ed Helms, n' crew. Though Stewart seems pro at hirering new cast members to the point they never seem to stay long since their movie/tv show career always kicks off.
    Har har har....When a guest told Colbert to his face that Stewart was funnier than him, his response was that Stewart does a comedy show and he does a news show. I hoped at least one person would have notice.

Honestly, I like Wyatt over Stewart and Colbert. Every time they bring out the Michael Steele puppet, I die of laughter.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Man, forgot how awesome Harvey Birdman was.. Didn't they 'kill' off Phil because The Colbert Report became so successful?
    He got hit by a bus then comes back in the same episode or the one after (can't remember exactly) but the series just sorta ended , never got re-upped.

He did however drop out of Venture Bros. (Professor Impossible), his agent said something along the lines of "being too busy with Colbert Report to waste time on an animated cartoon", so they had to replace him but meh lol.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Har har har....When a guest told Colbert to his face that Stewart was funnier than him, his response was that Stewart does a comedy show and he does a news show. I hoped at least one person would have notice.

Honestly, I like Wyatt over Stewart and Colbert. Every time they bring out the Michael Steele puppet, I die of laughter.
    Wyatts awesome ( And +1 to the Michael Steele puppet ). I like John Oliver as well, despite his ridiculous accent ( I'm English ).
    Samantha Bee is the worst cast member imo.