Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

I'm honestly more excited for Bill Maher next Friday. He has to be preparing a rant to spew on errybody given he got fired for shit he said after 9/11.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

lost it big time to Colbert tonight. Great episode, definitely the better of the two for osama jokes.

Ridill
    BG Level

uuuugh they pushed back the reruns another half hour so now I have to stay up til 2 :/

aduidarnenye

Really liked the Rachel Maddow interview, especially the line about Bin Laden being dead forever.

The royal wedding video at the beginning was really strange though. Kind of reminded me of The Aristocrats.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

Just got around to watching the extended interview with David Barton and it was actually really interesting and even different from a lot of Jon's previous. I thought the final, edited clip that aired on TV was clunky on top of the beginning of Barton's explanations but it ends up being a p. good back and forth with a guest that's actually able to defend himself well: http://www.thedailyshow.com/extended..._barton/383672

These are the interviews that make me wish Stewart did post-show commentary or wrap-ups of some sort to talk about his opinions on the topics discussed and how or if they changed afterward and what he got out of the interview altogether.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Caiyuo View Post
    Just got around to watching the extended interview with David Barton and it was actually really interesting and even different from a lot of Jon's previous. I thought the final, edited clip that aired on TV was clunky on top of the beginning of Barton's explanations but it ends up being a p. good back and forth with a guest that's actually able to defend himself well: http://www.thedailyshow.com/extended..._barton/383672

These are the interviews that make me wish Stewart did post-show commentary or wrap-ups of some sort to talk about his opinions on the topics discussed and how or if they changed afterward and what he got out of the interview altogether.
    Wonder how long till Viacom kicks Letterman off the air and replaces w/ 2hrs of Stewart/Colbert.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

I can only hope, I was just thinking the other day that Letterman seems like he really gives no shits about his interviews anymore.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Have you read the War for Late Night guy's book on the Conan/Leno shitfest? Letterman has not given a shit since he got to CBS.

edit: OTH, Kimmel/Beef Stew/Colbert/Guy after Letterman whose name I'm blanking on cause its 3am and I have a final in 5 hours confirmed for bros.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

(Craig Ferguson!) and have not. I only really recently started watching late night again and I've never read "I hate my life" more on someone's face before than Letterman during some of the interviews. Reading about the book now though and it sounds really interesting and makes Leno still being around even more unbelievable. Did you see Colbert's mini-appearance on Letterman the night before last? There's an urge to say it wasn't just incredibly random given the topic but I think in reality it was just an easy way to eat 5 minutes for the sake of promoting donations to Red Cross.

also what does One Tree Hill have to do with any of this

and good luck!

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Caiyuo View Post
    I've never read "I hate my life" more on someone's face before than Letterman during some of the interviews. Reading about the book now though and it sounds really interesting and makes Leno still being around even more unbelievable. Did you see Colbert's mini-appearance on Letterman the night before last? There's an urge to say it wasn't just incredibly random given the topic but I think in reality it was just an easy way to eat 5 minutes for the sake of promoting donations to Red Cross.

also what does One Tree Hill have to do with any of this

and good luck!
    idk wtf One tree hill has to do w/ shit. Letterman was always like that according to the book, leno/letterman/conan/ferguson are all truly disturbed folks, but Letterman managed to secure such a sweet contract after 1993 that he does what he wants (i.e. he films two shows in 1 day so he doesnt have to work Fridays, and his Friday ratings suffer b/c once ppl figured out why his jokes were so stale that day only they stopped watching and CBS can't do shit since the contract says its his body so he does what he wants.

And yeah I saw the Couric/Letterman/Colbert shit, all of Colbert's interactions w/ other late night hosts are just pale imitations of the original writers strike conan/beef stew/colbert shit though, with colbert eating lo mein while filming, conan doing wedding ring spinnaz and having the show fights lol

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

I had to google "OTH" and that was literally the only thing that came up lol Too bad about Conan and Ferguson, I didn't think their shows are too bad, though they both seem to get caught in a bubble of familiarity and silliness than actual comedy a lot of times. Still can't believe Lopez is on, good fucking god that shit is awkward.

I miss the writers strike now, the whole thing felt like an unscheduled long weekend off from middle school with not having to care about what was on and getting to see personalities just make shit up lol.

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Indecision 2012: Good luck motherfuckers.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

holy shit the santorum + ron paul bashing tonight is off the charts.

edit: And Pawlenty too.

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Holy shit he is going fucking off lmfao. Lupe Fiasco performing on colbert report, can't wait.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

So excite for Lupe, and Kiera Knightley learning what Santorum meant cause of Daily Show is top notch.

Frothy lol

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I kinda wish he was on The Daily show, I'd like to see an actual interview with him

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Beef Stew doesn't do musicians unless he listens to the band lol. The really funny thing is that, Colbert is as good if not better as an interviewer then Jon Stewart when he's serious.

Best bet is for him to be on Bill Maher's panel.

edit: I'm kind of sad that Chappelle Show isn't around anymore cause Lupe would totally be a regular musical guest and would probably have been on a bunch of sketches like Mos Def..

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Oh man, Beef Stew is laying into Fox over their butthurt over Obama having Common in the White House.

edit: This takedown is some of their best stuff since the CNBC shenanigans. Coming at them for hypocrisy from like 5 directions lol.

A. Body
    BG Level

lol, that rap was excellent

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by ZarakiKujata View Post
    Oh man, Beef Stew is laying into Fox over their butthurt over Obama having Common in the White House.
    LMAO @ FOX for covering that in the news. Most of the time I don't even listen to lyrics (beat junkie) but I know Common isn't that kind of rapper. Great episode.

Can't wait to see Wiig on tomorrow

Err I mean tonight

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast