Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

He's totally asking about ALL suggestions now not JUST HIS (totally just his), and he was just, YOU KNOW, wondering (as one does when one doesn't receive constant validation) if perhaps there was some way that SE could acknowledge when they have read (his) suggestion threads and implemented (his) ideas. He's just trying to gain some recognition for (himself) everyone!

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Pretty sure the devs are just going to tell him, "Oh yeah, sure, we used your idea," because they're like in the same boat as those kindergarten teachers who say, "Everyone gets a prize!" and won't want to bruise his tender ego when the sad fucking reality is that he needs his ego to be knocked down quite a few dozen fucking pegs.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

More King doing the backstroke after being called out.

Yeah, I'll say once again I've already stated I don't need any more credit for the Gyms post, so no I'm not begging for such. The post above is for everyone that post a suggestion here on the boards. No such information has been posted by the Community Reps to date (unless I've just missed it) as to how exactly our feedback is utilized when the Dev Team plans new content. I'm asking in a general tone for all suggestions posted here not just mine.

Looking back over the comments of this thread is what sparked the question to the Comm. Reps to clarify the process a bit more. If you've posted an idea on these boards at all then the question for such clarity involves you as well. All we have to go on at the present is assumptions that maybe our ideas did help the Devs while planning new content. Comments like this prove as much:

-"For all you know this skill up buff could have been a last minute adjustment to something already on the board for the update. To my knowledge, the change to HNMs was a quick change that was included in the updates that came about from an outcry on the forums for a change to their spawns."

Since you're asking in an tone of either or, I'm cool with validating the 1st part of your post as to the fact that I'm not asking for such a thing as a means to get any more recognition for my post. I'm asking for a clearer picture of the process that is the collection of our feedback to be overviewed by the Devs during new content planning. I have no plans to stop posting ideas to the Devs and I'm sure the same runs true for other players that are passionate about this game, so requesting a clearer picture of how our ideas are processed is a natural question.

I've had to develop a 0 tolerance mentality for the crap feeders on these boards that assume 50 million things about me and twist the things I say like it's a sport, so I can't invest any more energy into folks that read too far into a simple question for clarity.

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I can give him his rundown:

Douche 1 Posts Idea.
    Douche 2 to Infinity rates up or tears down idea.
    Community Rep sees thread, thinks, there might be somethign useable here, and the players seem to like it.
    Community Rep fills out predefined template for Devs.

Devs sort through database when they aren't busy, pick and choose what's plausible/appropriate.

There's also another school of thought i'm sure that's:

Community Rep forwards to devs, devs automatically forward template to recycle bin. :D

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalhart View Post
    Community Rep forwards to devs, devs automatically forward template to recycle bin. :D
    If I was a Dev for FFXI, I'd be doing the same for a bunch of the ideas proposed on those forums.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Oh god, I know that the 80% haste cap thread is a total troll thread, but there are so many retards hopping on the cap haste at 25% idea...

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Well, they addressed quite a few easy fixes that people had brought up through the twitter or official forums in the past update. Here are the two I recognized:
    http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/18...-ffxi-english/
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...-Atk-2-3-times.

That basically covers most of the "lol who cares?" updates that were part of:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/7267

They didn't note that they changed Versa Celeta +1 to Versa Celata +1, but they did.

aduidarnenye

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaun View Post
    Oh god, I know that the 80% haste cap thread is a total troll thread, but there are so many retards hopping on the cap haste at 25% idea...
    I never understood the haste hatred thing. From where did that originate? I have played a healer, either RDM or WHM, for a long time now, and I have haste spell and therefore I cast it on the melee, just like I would the appropriate cure, regen, erase, barwatevera, etc, etc. Why not use haste gear if it makes your damage go up? I just don't get it, but then again I don't play melee jobs so they're a bit of a closed book to me.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by aduidarnenye View Post
    I never understood the haste hatred thing. From where did that originate? I have played a healer, either RDM or WHM, for a long time now, and I have haste spell and therefore I cast it on the melee, just like I would the appropriate cure, regen, erase, barwatevera, etc, etc. Why not use haste gear if it makes your damage go up? I just don't get it, but then again I don't play melee jobs so they're a bit of a closed book to me.
    Idiots fear what they do not understand.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If i had to guess, i would say because people treat it like it is the only thing that ever matters, ever. Obviously this is not true, but some idiots think it is, and other idiots hear those idiots say that, and recognize that those first idiots are idiots, and are all liek "lolno", so the second idiots get annoyed by people always saying haste > all, when they know that is not true, even though only idiots say that with no conditions, so they start to hate it.

Or else idiots will be idiots, and there is no other reason.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I think it's because the anti-haste crowd really don't get how gearing for haste works and the big number syndrome. Most of them see it as an either/or type of thing, you can either have capped gear haste with terrible acc/att or capped acc/high att and little to no haste and don't understand that you can do it all at the same time. They also think that, and I'm stealing the example that GG used on the official forums, hitting once for 50 is better than hitting twice for 30 in the same amount of time because they have no concept of how damage over time works.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Further, it depends on when exactly you started fearing/hating haste. I started with the 360 influx and a lot of my friends at the time, myself included, were broke as shit. And had no competent friends at 75. And had no idea how Sky worked.

When you're broke, shelling out several hundred thousand gil (or a million or more) for 3% haste is impossible. It's a gimp lifestyle and playstyle lending to itself. Of course, that doesn't really apply NOW but hey, that's never stopped anyone from complaining.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You know... that troll thread might backfire. i should make a bitch thread about how the haste cap needs to be raised and see if it actually convinces SE too given how that dumbfuck screwed over bst for no real reason at all.

aduidarnenye

Kingfury is a dumbass. I'll probably get another suspension for my responses to him. I don't know why I bother.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Kingfury is a dumbass. I'll probably get another suspension for my responses to him. I don't know why I bother.
    Because you want to internet defeat something that won't be defeated due to Community rep fellatio.

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

I highly doubt the Com Reps much enjoy his posts either, really.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

If you want a good laugh next time your on the official forums looks like king is mashing the refresh page button from the time stamps, so he cans responds to all the bad ppls /picking on him. I have to give him credit though 4 pages of ok dude the reps responded to you once get over it and he's still trucking.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Theres really no point in responding to dude. The funny thing, reps more than likely aren't allowed to respond in such a manner due to Grounds of Valor being intellectual property now-- they have to protect their interests, and King could turn around and say it was his idea and sue SE if he was acknowledged.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Theres really no point in responding to dude. The funny thing, reps more than likely aren't allowed to respond in such a manner due to Grounds of Valor being intellectual property now-- they have to protect their interests, and King could turn around and say it was his idea and sue SE if he was acknowledged.

Yep several including myself had tried to explain that to him but he seems to want a certificate of participation so he can show the grand kids.

As to the classification of galkas goes would emo galkas count as a 3rd catagory or just better to lump them in with Fucking retarded?

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Lolbg, I should post this in the dyna thread so people KNOW ABOUT THE FALSE INFORMATION WE ARE SPREADING.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...-see..../page7

Ok, so let me get this strait, an forum filled with endgame junkies that has posted incorrect information in the past repeatedly. Why don't YOU try entering dynamis yourself before blinding defending SE for their bad choice? I don't trust that website at all nor will i troll around its forums. I am posting on these forums to get away from people like you. So don't reply to my posts if you don't like what I say. I really don't care.
    Forum is referring to bg, fyi

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast