Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 180 of 180 FirstFirst ... 130 170 178 179 180

Thread: Neo-Dynamis Changes     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level

You are going to get shit on 6 ways from sunday on 2 of the NMs

Take a real DD job and get brd to 99, the longer the NMs are alive the better the chance you get quad attacked > qudrastrike or something similar.

Edit: If I was forced to take 3box to farm pops rather than just farm CoP for currency and buy marrows (this is the better option) then SAM SCH/RDM BRD/THF would be best.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

BRD DD WHM NP, just not a thf. DD DD WHM too but you will have troubles on the PLD/SMN NM (more sleep spell with WHM+BRD). the 3 other NMs are joke and DL will be luck cause NQ can still and will one shot you whenever he wants with tera slash.

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

For the PLD/SMN, does he re-summon the avatar? Don't see the issue in just killing that first. The BST/NIN one sounds harder with Mijin spam.

Woulda figured Bst for 3rd job would have been ok, I thought Bst pets can tank the shit out of stuff like that? Or will the pet get raped?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Yes it will resummon the avatar and you can keep killing it, however if you take 10minutes to kill it then theres a good chance its going to get astral flow off at some point while you're 3boxing. You will want much strong DDs than bst and thf.

bst/nin one is probably the easiest of all, just proc it at 50-40% and try to kill it fast.

Bst is a shitty job for the NMs.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

General strategy for Arch Diabolos? PD+Embrava and hope you don't get Nox?

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    General strategy for Arch Diabolos? PD+Embrava and hope you don't get Nox?
    Depending on your numbers Umbra and Nox are going to be awful. Umbra is squishy, but Ultimate Terror sucks a ton, if you can power through that with enough people you should be fine. Somnus is stupid easy, Letum should be as well. If you have a competent WHM or two you don't even need PD.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Okay I'm probably just overthinking it then. Will probably have almost a full ally because everyone and their mother wants that neck piece

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Okay I'm probably just overthinking it then. Will probably have almost a full ally because everyone and their mother wants that neck piece
    Would be overkill, you're fine.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sakura Ephemera
    FFXIV Server
    Brynhildr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Here is our strategy: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/34...s-halp#2111160

PD is fairly useless except on letum to prevent the charm effect, though with a full alliance, you should probably be able to kill him before he even charms once. We only got charmed once with 8, except when mages didn't run out of nightmare range. You should also be more than fine vs Nox if you have more than 8. We were usually able to get him down around 10% before he started spamming death. Note that he literally will spam it when he gets around 5%. You can drop party and zombie him if needed, just be aware that he will drain his hp back up. Somnus is a joke, aegis PLD could probably solo it; letum is very easy as well, he can't kill you unless everyone gets hit with nightmare - all his spells are easily interrupted with melee attacks; umbra is annoying at low hp (more clones) but the more people you have to bounce hate around the easier he is (one person eats clone damage, one person eats damage from main NM). Stuns are not really useful as everything can be interrupted (except Nox's spells) and his tp moves are too fast.

Edit: actually look further up from the link I posted for full strats, and ignore the comeatmebro guy, his logger proves what I was saying. You can't cure between the clones TP moves. They are slightly staggered, but they all hit within 2 seconds of each other.

and the traveler
    BG Level

my group did some arch diabolos recently, set up was 4x relic dd + cor rdm, plus dualboxed brd sch smn. biggest concern is back to back tp moves like nether blast, which is rape through any -dt set up apart from aegis. some of those diablos's are just spammy and broken, so for those we actually ended up twilight zombieing for the most part. not the best strategy, but it did actually work for us in 2 instances where winning just wasnt possible with what we had, regardless of skill/gear.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Wouldn't you actually be best off depopping the ones that require big time sinks and zombie killing? Sounds like refarming a set would take less time.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

getting some of the tomes can be a cockblock if they don't feel like dropping

and the traveler
    BG Level

honestly going by that logic, it could potentially take less time, but if its just another annoying pop then you just lost even more. when i say twilight zombieing its not from 100 to 0 either, most of them are manageable til they start getting overly spammy under 25%, etc

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sakura Ephemera
    FFXIV Server
    Brynhildr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It's worth depopping if you're a small group. Nox is possible to win against if you don't get death'd, but it's a huge timesink if you do.

The tomes from the leeches/bombs were the worst for us.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

From what I saw on a recorded fight of Diabolos Nox, he cast different spells (Drain, Aspir, Death and Kaustra) during what I call his "Chainspell phases" (it's the HQ version of Diabolos Heart) while the others spells (Bio III, Blindga, Sleepga II and Dispelga) although they are also instant are casted outside of these phases it seems. Once below 10% he does Chainspell Drain only or Chainspell Kaustra only or Chainspell Death only, this ends immediately if his HP is healed back to above 10%. His defenses seem much higher than the three others Diabolos too, perhaps because of Ultimate Terror.

Regarding AF, I have read that the !! proc's you do, do not affect the drop rate at all. However do you have to do a !! for an AF piece to drop? I have killed a fair amount of none proc'd mobs and it seems as though they will not drop any AF - I am going by what i have been told that !! only affects currency however and has no correlation to AF gear, on my small sample i have done it seems that AF does not appear to drop either unless !! is put on.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by MrSamuels View Post
    Regarding AF, I have read that the !! proc's you do, do not affect the drop rate at all. However do you have to do a !! for an AF piece to drop? I have killed a fair amount of none proc'd mobs and it seems as though they will not drop any AF - I am going by what i have been told that !! only affects currency however and has no correlation to AF gear, on my small sample i have done it seems that AF does not appear to drop either unless !! is put on.
    Procs only affect currency. Relic gear drops basically the same as it ever did - if anything, it drops at an increased rate compared to before.