FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by DNAval View Post
    I dunno if this thread or RQT would be best for my question but:

Is trying to white proc even worth it or don't bother?

I duo with my wife.
    If you have DNC and can cover TH elsewhere then you don't desperately need your subjob and it probably is.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

With more and more people doing COP dynamis, it really is getting crowded. We are lucky to break 300 as a duo now because random people will enter and camp on top of us and time out before us. At least 1-2 times a week we will run into someone who doesn't know how to get TEs/how to proc but still insist on killing the same mobs everyone else is. Nothing like wasting 8 in game hours camping respawns like its HNM again.

Its getting to the point where tav is the most lucrative zone now. If people keep flooding COP dynamis might be better to go back to jeuno. They should bring back the good AOE proccing, at least people could have different options instead of everyone camping one mob family at the same time.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

That's why I do Qufim. If worst comes to worst, I abandon bynes and camp Diremites/Snolls up in my northern stronghold. I pop out and do Rocs/Beastmen during Byne time.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I just kill the stuff no one kills like cactuars/sheep instead of hippos Has slowly gotten worse, but my numbers still holding up. Just usually my fuckups that cost me lol. Damn cactuars can be hella dangerous!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Barong in Bubu dropped a 100 for me yesterday. I didn't see it listed under the BGwiki as a drop, and didn't feel like sifting through 96 pages to see if someone else said it... Just thought I would let everyone know! No procs, no nothing just tried to power through him as he aggroed me.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

All the NMs can drop 100s. I got one off Scolopendra yesterday.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Anyone wanna PM me a good list of mobs for Tav? Please & thank you. =)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

You don't have many options in Tav. For currency, you'll want to do Bees, Worms, and Makara (all first floor) filling in Tauri when necessary between bees and Makara.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

We always skip Makara and go for Clusters on the 2nd floor, seem to proc a lot easier just gotta watch out for self-destruct. Last time we skipped worms and did Leeches for -1 bodies and still got good coin drops from them.

Edit: As for 100 drop for NM's, we got 2 Silvers and 1 Jade in 4 kills on Stringes one run, havent seen anything since though.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

You get an extra coin per kill when you do Leeches and Clusters, but they're harder to kill. Which is better will depend on your setup.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alkimi Asura
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah, we were doing clusters on Sunday and Self-Destruct was one-shotting everyone even with shell and barfira, it was ridiculous. In short, bring stuns.

BG Level

Was pretty easy with 2x Nin/Dnc and a Thf/Dnc, self-destruct went off once killing a Nin and the Thf, was pretty good other then that. Also had Final Sting 1 shot the Thf then a Nin later lol

Edit: In all the Clusters we did we only seen self-destruct once(thankfully I had Migawari up). Generally, after we proc we can kill it fast enough before it unfreezes, and if not we stun as soon as it's unfrozen and its dead by then.

What mobs in tav can drop 100s? Or are there none?

I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Afrohatch View Post
    What mobs in tav can drop 100s? Or are there none?
    I heard that the VT eyes drop 100s

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Is there any proccing involved with the bosses to increase 100 dropping or is straight TH and praying?

BG Level

Id say TH only, assuming they work like other NM's in Dyna.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

After reading that Barong could drop 100s, I decieded to added him to my farm when we'd hit up scorpions, one of my members used a JA and staggered him, so we pulled him on the second time around but his weakness changed to magic, both times pulled during the same time period, curious to know if it changes upon respawn JA>MA>WS or if it's just random, either way thought it was interested dunno if it was said, no 100s fell just 1 of each currency type and the item to weaken the zone boss.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Monsters that drop multiple currency types (like every low tier NM and Nightmare Tauri) can proc to anything at any given time. Their proc rate is just lower, it seems.

I was spamming WSs on Scolopendra last night for about three minutes before he finally procced to one.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Anyone have a good strategy for the Lost Dragons in Bubu? They seem to have a really high -PDT, or something going on that MAY be positional (like a wivre). Wasn't able to really confirm when my group popped them because I was on the floor most the time. Due to the lack of damage, hate was bouncing around like crazy. Fought the one by the lighthouse and the one in the Southwest near the Tahrongi zoneline and they both seemed to have a similarly high damage resistance. I'm sure there is a simple trick to them but I wasn't able to discern it from 2 drawn out wipes. Is tomahawk effective?

The lost NMs all appear to have massive (50% or greater) damage taken reductions. I'm not exactly sure since I'm usually bard and I haven't asked my LS, but I think the Arch bosses in CoP zones also have massive DT-%. Tomahawk should help a bit if you're going for a damage blitz on them, but you'll want plenty of damage for that if you hope to get them dead before they get you dead. The strategy we've been using on neo NMs in Valk has been to keep a PLD alive while melees slowly chip away at the NM, eventually pull hate, and die faster than we can cure them. Then they get back up and do it some more. We're usually doing this with 5-6 real players and 2 mules though.

Side note: can confirm that perfect defense works on AC's charmga.