Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I have repeatedly gotten 110 only and have not been able to hit 120 and 130 as stated in the OP. What's the trick for HQ3? I'm synergy 78.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

No trick, really, just luck. Just hit the required element perfectly, reduce the impurities to zero, and end the synergy (make sure it's not leaking when you end it or else you'll probably wind up with the alignments off). HQ1 is way more common than anything else. From my experience, the rates should be something like 20% NQ, 50% HQ1, 15-20% HQ2, 10-15% HQ3.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Armadaberk

HQ2 STP2 DA2
    HQ1 Thunder4 DA2
    HQ3 Thunder1 Light2 DA2
    HQ1 STP4 DA1
    HQ1 STP5 DA1
    HQ1 SubtleBlow5 DA2
    HQ1 SubtleBlow4 DA1
    HQ2 SubtleBlow2 DA2
    HQ3 STP4 DA2 MP15
    HQ1 STP3 DA2

Valk Breastplate

HQ1 TA2 MEva2
    HQ2 TA1 ResistSlow4
    HQ3 Acc7 TA2 MEva4
    HQ1 MDef4 TA1
    HQ2 Acc5 TA1
    HQ3 MDef4 TA2 MEva6
    HQ2 TA1 MEva4
    HQ2 TA1 MEva4 (same twice in a row)
    HQ1 TA1 MEva3
    HQ2 TA1 Zanshin2
    HQ3 Wind3 TA2 Zanshin5
    HQ2 TA1 MEva5
    HQ1 Dark2 TA1

Notes: Every Armadaberk was a HQ; 7 Valk NQs not listed just got crap elements; some of the NQs occured with perfect alignment and 0 impurities; All done with 80% or more life left in the crucible.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I think TA+3 is the cap on HQ3 for Valk, I'm pretty sure someone else posted that somewhere. I bet DA+3 is cap on Hauberk, it seems unlikely that you can get DA+2 on HQ1 with that still being cap on HQ3. By the way, most of the HQ rates from these larger samples seem to line up with what I said above (~20% NQ, 80% HQ with perfect alignment/no impurity, with like half of the HQs being HQ1).

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

I don't lower impurity at the end of a synth and usually have similar HQ rates as everyone else posts. I've made lots and lots of arrows and nothing really ever has seemed to effect HQ besides being w/in 2 or 3 from the target. Just a random note because I've seen that a lot of people do that. Anyone else think that might be voodoo?~

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Bling View Post
    I don't lower impurity at the end of a synth and usually have similar HQ rates as everyone else posts...
    Same, I never lower the impurity, when I hit a perfect alignment I end it, and I have had great success HQing just about every useful synergy item out there; and many useless ones.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Could be voodoo, but it's just dark fewell so I don't really care that much. That being said, if reducing impurity doesn't increase the HQ rate, what does it do? >_> Maybe it's buried in the NPC help text somewhere, I never really paid much attention to it.

I know I've seen other people say things like lowering the pressure, stopping leaks, making sure the furnace never exploded, etc., all play into it, but I haven't noticed any of that. I continue even if I get explosions/leaks and as long as I end with perfect alignment, my HQ rate seems pretty consistent. I've also heard people say they try to keep the non-required alignments as close to zero as possible, but I haven't seen any noticeable effect on HQ rates from that either. I haven't done enough synths without messing with the impurity level to have any basis for my own comparison as to whether or not it has an effect.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    That being said, if reducing impurity doesn't increase the HQ rate, what does it do? >_> Maybe it's buried in the NPC help text somewhere, I never really paid much attention to it.
    Impurity ratios around +30% make your synergy likely to explode. That's not a hard number offered by NPCs I saw someone else mention it somewhere, but it holds true that I've experienced.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    Impurity ratios around +30% make your synergy likely to explode. That's not a hard number offered by NPCs I saw someone else mention it somewhere, but it holds true that I've experienced.
    That's correct, I keep impurities under 30 for everything. No point in the pot ever exploding.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

As far as I can tell that's the only point of impurity. If it gets over 30% it can explode, but won't always. Also, pressure just seems to determine how much damage is done when it does explode. It might also play into how much per tic the furnace loses but I have never really kept track of that.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Guess I can stop wasting dark fewell then, lol.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    Could be voodoo, but it's just dark fewell so I don't really care that much. That being said, if reducing impurity doesn't increase the HQ rate, what does it do? >_> Maybe it's buried in the NPC help text somewhere, I never really paid much attention to it.

I know I've seen other people say things like lowering the pressure, stopping leaks, making sure the furnace never exploded, etc., all play into it, but I haven't noticed any of that. I continue even if I get explosions/leaks and as long as I end with perfect alignment, my HQ rate seems pretty consistent. I've also heard people say they try to keep the non-required alignments as close to zero as possible, but I haven't seen any noticeable effect on HQ rates from that either. I haven't done enough synths without messing with the impurity level to have any basis for my own comparison as to whether or not it has an effect.

I know sometimes if its a harder synths, we just zerg it and stunt the explosions and don't even bother with lowering impuritys. I have yet to notice a different HQ rate when we do it this way, and its a pretty large sample size.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

HQ3 on Koenig Schaller - Fast Cast +4, Shield Mastery +2, Breath Damage -3%

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistrianna Galanodel
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Did Genbu's shield last night. Did 12 different shields. Forgot to write down my results but two HQ3 results I have were nice. First HQ3 was MP +25, M.acc +4 and Cure potency +4%. Second HQ3 result I had was Accuracy +5, M.acc +5 and Cure potency +4%.

Also. I have Hadaen tatters lying around. A friend has Shadow coat so im plan on augmenting it for him later. I will post my results when I finish.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistrianna Galanodel
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Just finished playing with Shadow coat. Results were as follows

NQ; Cha +5~6, Mnd +2~3

HQ1: Magic accuracy +1~4 and one of Magic critical hit rate +1, Agi +4, Int +4~7, Mnd +2~7, Cha +3~6, Resist Paralyze +2, Fire resistance +4

HQ2: Magic accuracy +2~3 and one of Mnd +4, Int +6, Resist Stun +1

HQ3: Magic accuracy +3 and two of Int +6, Mnd +7

Out of 22 attempts a I got 2 NQ, 16 HQ1, 3 HQ2 and 1 HQ3.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistrianna Galanodel
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Byakko's haidate

NQ: Vit +3, Critical hit damage +1%

HQ1: Store TP +3 and Int +5, Mnd +5

HQ2: Store TP +2 and Vit +3, Mnd +3

HQ3: Store TP +3~5 and two of Agi +4, Mnd +3~5, Resist Sleep +3

Not sure if any of these augments were different form that on the front page. The Int one seemed new though.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistrianna Galanodel
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Also on the HQ thing. I've heard a rumor taht Thwack can play a role in HQ'ing from a JP guy that does synergy. Its related to the message that the image of the sillouette becomes straighter or something along those lines.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

make sure it's not leaking when you end it or else you'll probably wind up with the alignments off
    I actually use leaking as a method of trying to land the alignment exactly on the button. Overfeed fuel if you undershoot by a couple of points, wait for leak, watch the levels go down and end it at the right moment. Not too hard to time correctly.

Then again, I'm lazy and probably should just keep crystals on me to tweak things.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Please forgive me residents in the bay area, you might notice the massive boner piercing the skyline, that would be me.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...adaSTP5DA1.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast