BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I've been keeping track of this with the different pieces of armor that on which I've seen a significant amount of augments on both the HQ and NQ versions. I haven't seen much/any noticeable difference until Armada Hauberk. However, I've only heard two accounts of DA+3 and two accounts of 6 STP, so that's not enough to draw any conclusions. Also, like I said in a previous post, I doubt that DA+3 is exclusive to Armada, because Adaman can get DA+2 on HQ1/HQ2 which would mean there is no differentiation in the range of DA values for HQ3 (every other piece can go to higher values for the HQ augment on HQ3 vs. HQ1/2). Maybe STP+6 is, though.... or maybe there's a DA+4 we haven't seen yet O_O

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Kinda makes sense, HQ items get access to HQ augments. Now we just need someone with a NQ to post a +6 to disprove.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    I've been keeping track of this with the different pieces of armor that on which I've seen a significant amount of augments on both the HQ and NQ versions. I haven't seen much/any noticeable difference until Armada Hauberk. However, I've only heard two accounts of DA+3 and two accounts of 6 STP, so that's not enough to draw any conclusions. Also, like I said in a previous post, I doubt that DA+3 is exclusive to Armada, because Adaman can get DA+2 on HQ1/HQ2 which would mean there is no differentiation in the range of DA values for HQ3 (every other piece can go to higher values for the HQ augment on HQ3 vs. HQ1/2). Maybe STP+6 is, though.... or maybe there's a DA+4 we haven't seen yet O_O
    Well if it is taking us this long to see DA+3 and STP+6 on an Armada Hauberk, it very well could be that we just haven't seen the best possible augments on the other HQ abjuration gear yet. Or it could just be random as fuck. I think Adaman/Armada Hauberk will be a pretty popular one to augment so it may very well be the first to prove or disprove anything of this nature. I'd say the theory isn't debunked until we see a SS of these augs on an NQ berk.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Not enough to draw any conclusions, but here's a list of augments I've seen on Adaman & Armada. One problem is that people tend to only post their best augment rather than all of their results.

Adaman Hauberk
    HQ1/2
    DA+1, STP+2
    DA+1, STP+2
    DA+1, STP+4

HQ3
    DA+1, STP+5
    DA+1, STP+5, MP+15
    DA+1, STP+5, Subtle Blow+5
    DA+2, HP+11, Attack+5
    DA+2, STP+5, Subtle Blow+4

Armada Hauberk
    HQ1/2
    DA+1, STP+2
    DA+1, STP+5
    DA+2, Subtle Blow+4
    DA+1, Earth+1
    DA+1, Subtle Blow+5
    DA+1, STP+2
    DA+1, STP+5

HQ3
    DA+2, Subtle Blow+5, MP+16
    DA+2, STP+4, MP+23
    DA+3, STP+5
    DA+2, STP+6

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I've done a ton of NQberks and best I saw was stp3 da2. NQ is also 35 earth, HQ is 45 earth. I found 45 a much easier number to align as well.

How useful is a NQ/HQ berk with DA+3, STP+6??

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    Saw on JP wiki it goes up to at least 2%. I wasn't sure what piece it was because the google translation came out as "Kai Ra Osamu helmet head growth," lol. I figured it was Shura head, but I wanted to wait to see someone else get it to confirm.
    I got a NQ kabuto with ws dmg2, and skillchain bonus 2 as an hq 3.Decided it wasn't worth augmenting, so only got 2 hq3s. Couldn't tell ya if either of those numbers can go higher.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Yeyoking View Post
    How useful is a NQ/HQ berk with DA+3, STP+6??
    anything over stp4 can be used for a DRK 5hit build in place of Aurum or Askar body. The DA3 makes it the best body is most situations.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    anything over stp4 can be used for a DRK 5hit build in place of Aurum or Askar body. The DA3 makes it the best body is most situations.
    Wouldn't Fazheluo R. Mail + HQ Fazheluo hat beat Augmented Armadaberk + Zelus/AF3+2?

If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    That is DRK/SAM?

Apoc TP Per Hit: 13.9% * 44 STP = 20TP per hit

15(/sam) + 5(Goading) +5(ace feet) + 5(Rajas) +4(Hoard) +4(grip) +1(Brutal) +2(tathlum) = 41

So only 3stp needed from adaberk?

Tactical Mantle vs Atheling?

Is it possible to drop /sam for another job and get the +44 STP for 5hit now?

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by test123 View Post
    That is DRK/SAM?

Apoc TP Per Hit: 13.9% * 44 STP = 20TP per hit

15(/sam) + 5(Goading) +5(ace feet) + 5(Rajas) +4(Hoard) +4(grip) +1(Brutal) +2(tathlum) = 41

So only 3stp needed from adaberk?

Tactical Mantle vs Atheling?

Is it possible to drop /sam for another job and get the +44 STP for 5hit now?
    For 5 hit Apoc now I use

SAM sub 15
    Rose 4
    Tathlum 2
    Brutal 1
    Atilla's 1
    Adaberk 5
    Rajas 5
    Hoard 4
    Goading 5
    Ace's 5
    47 STP Total (20.4 TP per swing)

Means you need to WS in 33 STP (I use SAM sub, Rose, Brutal, Adaberk, Rajas, Ace's)

Not sure if that's optimal though.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Septimus is trying to make an augment template for BGwiki. What do you guys think?
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/User:Septimus/Sandbox

Which option is best and would make you want to fill it out?

I personally favor Option 3.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Agreed on option 3 -- the frequency thing is somewhat meaningless for any one user to enter (unlikely that someone will individually do enough augments on a piece of gear to accurately determine the rate of each augment appearing). That being said, the one augment that's guaranteed on HQs should probably be marked as such and separate from the rest of the list. There certainly are augments in the random pool that are more common than others, but I don't know that a percentage frequency is the best way to show this, especially considering that you can get two random augments on HQ3 and only one on HQ1/2. The table doesn't take into account the possible/likely expansion of the result ranges as you go into higher HQ tiers, but I suppose one could just assume the higher end of the range for higher HQs.

Also, it's still difficult to determine at this point whether augments are "slotted." The only time when "slotting" would matter would be on HQ3 -- on HQ1 & 2 there's only one available slot for a random augment to fill -- and it would take a large amount of HQ3 results on each individual piece of gear to truly determine if and how the augments are slotted.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yeah, "Slotting" is more useful on stuff like the augmented quest rewards (Dance shoes, Black Mantles, etc.), it seems. Those all seem to occur at ~5-10% though, and the second slot can only show up when the "Slot 2" augment happens. I've never found any evidence that the FoV augments have any probability difference between slots. I guess it's something to keep on the back burner, but I agree Option 3 is the easiest.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Okay, it has been implemented here:
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Template:Augment_Table

You would just paste your table below the other stuff on the "Armada Hauberk" or "Byakko's Haidate" or whatever pages.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Did 40 more berks yesterday, nothing worth mentioning, SE randomness can be such a pain.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

After 15 attempts of augmenting Hecatomb Cap (random augments : VIT+1 & dblt att +1, VIT+3 & dblt attck+1, CHR+3, dbl attack+1 etc) I got this:

- Attack+8 / Dbl Attack+1 - so verify the maximum amount of attack on first page.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Has anyone got over 3DEX on byakko's haidate? I got 3DEX 3 store TP and resist virus +1 this morning. Got a SS on ffxiah, but i cant post [img[ here b/c i dont have a minimum number of posts

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Washburn View Post
    Has anyone got over 3DEX on byakko's haidate? I got 3DEX 3 store TP and resist virus +1 this morning. Got a SS on ffxiah, but i cant post [img[ here b/c i dont have a minimum number of posts
    If you'd check the OP, there is one listed as high as DEX +4 on Byakko's Haidate.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

4 is the highest I've seen, and DEX seems to be a super rare augment on Haidate. VIT, MND, AGI seem way, way more common. But yeah, all the information of what we've seen so far is in the first post.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast