+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

more:

Spoiler: show

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

So are we posting our entries in this thread (sorry never heard of BG Bucket before)? I'm not too fussed but shouldn't we mail them in so its all anonymous to the voters - avoiding the popularity contest and accusations of copying. I mean it's BG, everyones gonna act like three year olds, right? lol

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I have something I'll try. I'll post it when I have something to look at.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by millionsknives View Post
    So are we posting our entries in this thread (sorry never heard of BG Bucket before)? I'm not too fussed but shouldn't we mail them in so its all anonymous to the voters - avoiding the popularity contest and accusations of copying. I mean it's BG, everyones gonna act like three year olds, right? lol
    yes, we want everyone to post, but the voting will be done via the preferential voting system (as explained in the opening topic) and the voting will be from mods and admins only. the mods hate all of you equally, especially qalbert, and the admins only kill posters, they do not speak to them directly

and yes, if someone does some copying bullshit, we want them to do it publicly so we can laugh in their face.

not everyone on BG is three years old, some are five, some are barely 18 and want your hard penis

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    some are five, some are barely 18 and want your hard penis
    Actually, I think you just described Gaia.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Are ambigrams lame?

Obviously it's a work in progress.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

yes, we want everyone to post, but the voting will be done via the preferential voting system (as explained in the opening topic) and the voting will be from mods and admins only. the mods hate all of you equally, especially qalbert, and the admins only kill posters, they do not speak to them directly

and yes, if someone does some copying bullshit, we want them to do it publicly so we can laugh in their face.

not everyone on BG is three years old, some are five, some are barely 18 and want your hard penis
    Ah thats cool, I didn't know it would be admin & mod decided. Hate equality is all good. l'll have a go!

E. Body
    BG Level

Took out the graffiti and splotches, changed the text colors around.

One with black text:

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Heres how I've spent my day at placement (I actually wasted all my time trying to make a nation-like flag for BG, I got pissed off and gave up though). I'm submitting it now so I stop tinkering and get on with some work!

When I think of BG I still primarily think of FFXI, it's where the forum started and although its branched out to other things, FFXI is still BGs roots. The image that comes to my head is Bahamut, I don't know if he used to be on a BG banner? But I just instantly think of him and hes a good symbol of power - so I went that route. Using his dragon figure is also not *too* FFXI specific as it could be any random dragon to an outsider.

I wanted an image with Bahamut being killed, showing BG's force. At first he was going into flames, but it was too complex. Simple is always better so he ended up having a sword 'stabbing' him to symbolize killing him, or at least controlling him. Having BGs logo as his head also ticks the 'look badass' box ;P

Spoiler big image:

Clicky version:

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by millionsknives View Post
    Heres how I've spent my day at placement (I actually wasted all my time trying to make a nation-like flag for BG, I got pissed off and gave up though). I'm submitting it now so I stop tinkering and get on with some work!

When I think of BG I still primarily think of FFXI, it's where the forum started and although its branched out to other things, FFXI is still BGs roots. The image that comes to my head is Bahamut, I don't know if he used to be on a BG banner? But I just instantly think of him and hes a good symbol of power - so I went that route. Using his dragon figure is also not *too* FFXI specific as it could be any random dragon to an outsider.

I wanted an image with Bahamut being killed, showing BG's force. At first he was going into flames, but it was too complex. Simple is always better so he ended up having a sword 'stabbing' him to symbolize killing him, or at least controlling him. Having BGs logo as his head also ticks the 'look badass' box ;P

Spoiler big image:

Clicky version:
    ok, I am hard, just letting you know, my current super favorite

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

personal request, can you do the same logo but with an arrow instead of a sword, specifically the one with the fire in the mouth, i want a badass avatar

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

No longer working on an entry, I can't beat that shit.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

The banner with the blue background is epic. Would love a black knit/crochet beanie the text and crest.

Good luck to anyone else who thought about entering...

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'll probably still try later, as I do have an idea, but after seeing that one...

http://files.sharenator.com/okay_mem...272-170761.jpg

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

if your logo is awesome we might still use it, just because we use one logo doesnt mean we wont consider using another one as well

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Glad ya like it everyone :D If we have enough designers on BG to complain about text kerning in the new FFXI font I'm sure we'll see some more designs lol.

personal request, can you do the same logo but with an arrow instead of a sword, specifically the one with the fire in the mouth, i want a badass avatar
    Wasn't sure which you meant so enjoyyyyyyyy:

Sexual favors from you as payment may be repaid at anytime within the next 30 days

(I've no idea if BG avatars can recognize transparency btw)

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well fuck.. there's no following that.

That's awesome.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

More people need to draw shit like that. Typography is cool and all, but there's so much more than it can be coupled with.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

http://images.cheezburger.com/comple...5a7b59410d.jpg

goddamn that's an amazing fucking submission, shit

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

All right decided to enter anyway, if only because I figured I could at least make a play on the name.

Since the rules said to upload a jpg and as far as I'm aware there's no way to make a jpg transparent, posting it with a dark and light background.

Dark Background:

Light Background:

But I'm pretty sure millions already won.