FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    All right decided to enter anyway, if only because I figured I could at least make a play on the name.

Since the rules said to upload a jpg and as far as I'm aware there's no way to make a jpg transparent, posting it with a dark and light background.

Dark Background:

Light Background:

But I'm pretty sure millions already won.
    Gonna need more T&A to influence Alleya's vote and mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    More people need to draw shit like that. Typography is cool and all, but there's so much more than it can be coupled with.
    heh.

Millionsknives wins, fatality.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

its not over guys, I know mknives had an awesome entry but Ive seen bg people make some of the craziest shit that has existed so keep going

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

My idea is one I think is pretty good, but I don't know if I can pull it together as well as mknives has. I guess it depends on how far people want to take the whole Illuminati "joke".

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

A WIP I'm playing around with. Still not as good as what MK provided. ;x

Hmm maybe the outline would look better on the letters instead of the dragon.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

that shows promise, me likey

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

<--- this with a rectangle that extends from the right edge saying "Blue Gartr"

<--- random logo

I'll finish it up. Made the glowing circle using a tutorial I found on youtube. lol ;x

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I still don't get the illuminati joke.. but omg i love ambigrams.. the way it looks, is it actually possble to make ambigrams out of any word?

also, I was bored waiting for bastion to happen today so I made this for fun..
    This was mainly me trying out a popartish style that i particularly like but have no idea how to actually properly do. but it was a fun attempt anyway..

Sorry if the colors make your eyes bleed, i do that a lot, which is why i made a b/w alternate version lol. also, I realize BG isn't only about FFXI but i was playing with the XI viewer at the time, and um.. BG has its origins in FFXI anyway..

Spoiler: show

as a side-note, do try to see how many bg/ffxi memes you can spot

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

A challenger appears!

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    <--- this with a rectangle that extends from the right edge saying "Blue Gartr"

<--- random logo

I'll finish it up. Made the glowing circle using a tutorial I found on youtube. lol ;x
    Try to clear up the jaggies.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post

Not bad!

Wish I didn't suck at PS.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    I still don't get the illuminati joke.. but omg i love ambigrams.. the way it looks, is it actually possble to make ambigrams out of any word?

also, I was bored waiting for bastion to happen today so I made this for fun..
    This was mainly me trying out a popartish style that i particularly like but have no idea how to actually properly do. but it was a fun attempt anyway..

Sorry if the colors make your eyes bleed, i do that a lot, which is why i made a b/w alternate version lol. also, I realize BG isn't only about FFXI but i was playing with the XI viewer at the time, and um.. BG has its origins in FFXI anyway..

as a side-note, do try to see how many bg/ffxi memes you can spot
    OMG IS THAT CAIT SITH?

god, now this is getting rough to choose.

Another one, running with the recent bahamut theme. Poorly executed but this was the general idea:

big.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Try to clear up the jaggies.
    Yup been working on that. That is what happens when I start on Paint.net and move over to Photoshop. lol

Oooo nice one Fallyn.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

o.. very nice..

i love the transparent border effects and the beast head... the blackness of it somehow reminds me of Magic:TG cardset logos

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

From a designers point of view I'm liking the last one by Failyn, though it needs some touchups. Try to make the horns smaller and not reach up as high, they shouldn't be dominating the logo. Also try to even out all the letters and get rid of the white outlines at the spots where the letters touch. Can maybe try to make them flow into each other. If you'd like you can also try to open up Bahamuts mouth a bit more so it doesn't cover the G as much. Very nice entry though, very corporate-ish (my fav style of logos). Can definitely see this on a business card with some work, which is probably what people should be shooting for. Just kinda sad I can't work on an entry myself, don't have the time

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Nice Fallyn. I like that one very much! I think that one is my new favorite.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Cleaned it up a bit. Think I've hit a wall on this part. Gonna go look for some fonts to do the "Blue Gartr" portion to the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominico View Post
    From a designers point of view I'm liking the last one by Failyn, though it needs some touchups. Try to make the horns smaller and not reach up as high, they shouldn't be dominating the logo. Also try to even out all the letters and get rid of the white outlines at the spots where the letters touch. Can maybe try to make them flow into each other. If you'd like you can also try to open up Bahamuts mouth a bit more so it doesn't cover the G as much. Very nice entry though, very corporate-ish (my fav style of logos). Can definitely see this on a business card with some work, which is probably what people should be shooting for. Just kinda sad I can't work on an entry myself, don't have the time
    Yeah I'm gunna remake it/redo it tomorrow before work, just tried to get the idea down on the page.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

I need to find some better fonts :/