+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 LastLast
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Cool, that's good to know. I do like his dodge the most, porting around while slapping cards in everybody's face.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

I was a big fan of Sice because her early AoE was killin it. Was really turned off by Ace, though :/ Jack is boss when you get the killshot teleport skill, otherwise he's slow as fk (mashing dodge to get closer lol). I need to get back into this I love this game.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Skai View Post
    Just got this game on Steam and enjoying the heck outta it so far. Minor complaint so far is I can only do one task at a time. C'mooon...

Character highlights so far are Queen and Rem. Sword wielding girl with glasses and girl with thigh high socks aw yis.

Does Ace get better the more skills you get? He's currently invoking the frustration I had with AST in FFXIV. Gotta go through a couple cards before I get the ones I want.
    What do you think of the PC port so far?

Every character is good if you put in the time to learn them and figure things out. Most people are gonna hate Deuce until they find out she's a murder machine and a lot of characters don't really meet their full potential until you can magic cancel (or get specific moves).

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    What do you think of the PC port so far?
    It plays really great. Good thing I recently found a good driver for the PS3 controller so I've been rocking that. I read that the motion blur of the camera was fixed long ago and further improved on this version. Currently using the default settings and no problems here. The game looks great too at max resolution of 1920x1080. And I know the game is a PSP port so I wasn't too bothered by some noticeably low quality textures.

Just unlocked Speedrush for Queen. Holy shit what a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Every character is good if you put in the time to learn them and figure things out. Most people are gonna hate Deuce until they find out she's a murder machine and a lot of characters don't really meet their full potential until you can magic cancel (or get specific moves).
    That's definitely good to hear. Something viable for everyone!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Skai View Post
    It plays really great. Good thing I recently found a good driver for the PS3 controller so I've been rocking that. I read that the motion blur of the camera was fixed long ago and further improved on this version. Currently using the default settings and no problems here. The game looks great too at max resolution of 1920x1080. And I know the game is a PSP port so I wasn't too bothered by some noticeably low quality textures.

Just unlocked Speedrush for Queen. Holy shit what a beast.

That's definitely good to hear. Something viable for everyone!
    Queen = <3

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

King's mah boy! But he's also pretty much like playing the game on easy mode. Keeps his distance from his enemies and his kill-shotting is just too easy

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    King's mah boy! But he's also pretty much like playing the game on easy mode. Keeps his distance from his enemies and his kill-shotting is just too easy
    Same with Trey. Trey is easy mode. Especially with the RTS battles.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Is the pc version capped at 30 FPS like the XIII games?

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I just got this game with my new PS4~!

Any tips on the beginning? the first real boss is murdering me at this point.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

First boss, you mean the one after odin?

Just dodge and wait for the yellow mark

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Elizara View Post
    I just got this game with my new PS4~!

Any tips on the beginning? the first real boss is murdering me at this point.
    Don't stand in the green shit.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeansman View Post
    Is the pc version capped at 30 FPS like the XIII games?
    Anyone?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yes it is capped at 30 FPS.

I got this game but I don't have access to my ps3 controllers at the moment. Are the keyboard controls decent or should I wait 3-4 days until I get the ps3 controller back?

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    I got this game but I don't have access to my ps3 controllers at the moment. Are the keyboard controls decent or should I wait 3-4 days until I get the ps3 controller back?
    I've heard they're pretty bad but I don't know myself.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The XIII games are not capped at 30, they just run like shit.

I might be dumb enough to delete my email accounts
    BG Level

Ugh such a great game, but I started with machina and I wasn't able to use him for chapter 6-7. So he's currently back in the party but I have trust issues now. Also this game is hard as shit I started on normal mode and then after the first mission I put it on hard. In the beginning of the second mission I had to drop it down. By the third I dropped it down to easy and it was still hard; cause most of my toons were under leveled by the 6th chapter. I raged quit like 12 times already.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If you take a good hour or so to grind up your party and keep them all relatively close, it makes things easier. Plus Machina is one of the not so great characters to use if I remember correctly. King is the game on easy mode (even on normal) as he can hit those killsights super easy. Other characters are a lot of fun too and you'll find that some of the characters that seem kind of lame are actually pretty OP (hi2u Deuce).

Other than Deuce, I remember a lot of people liked Ace when you leveled him up. Jack was strong as fuck but kind of slow at first. Queen/Rem were super popular too. It's been mentioned but there are so many different play styles because of how different each member is with fighting that really there is no "best" character if you put in the time to level and learn the ones you like.

But yeah, definitely can't just run in and button mash. It's nice that there's an element of strategy and picking your moments when it comes to attacking (especially with some of the bosses). Really one of the more top-notch Action-RPG titles SE has done so far. And a great gritty story too

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    If you take a good hour or so to grind up your party and keep them all relatively close, it makes things easier. Plus Machina is one of the not so great characters to use if I remember correctly. King is the game on easy mode (even on normal) as he can hit those killsights super easy. Other characters are a lot of fun too and you'll find that some of the characters that seem kind of lame are actually pretty OP (hi2u Deuce).

Other than Deuce, I remember a lot of people liked Ace when you leveled him up. Jack was strong as fuck but kind of slow at first. Queen/Rem were super popular too. It's been mentioned but there are so many different play styles because of how different each member is with fighting that really there is no "best" character if you put in the time to level and learn the ones you like.

But yeah, definitely can't just run in and button mash. It's nice that there's an element of strategy and picking your moments when it comes to attacking (especially with some of the bosses). Really one of the more top-notch Action-RPG titles SE has done so far. And a great gritty story too
    If you haven't fooled around with Trey (Archer character), he can carry you pretty far into the game. When you level him up a little bit, you unlock his charge shot and it obliterates pretty much everything. As long as you can dodge somewhat decently, you're good to go with him. Or, you can always take the easy way of grinding by utilizing the training area and doing the PS4 timer and going up by 24hrs every time for max exp gains for your lower leveled characters.