+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

He talks about the demo in the first 2 minutes and 30 seconds. He doesn't say anything about Japan only. Just that the type-0 demo is a trial version of the game and after a certain amount of time has passed they will release the tech demo they showed off for people to play where you can change weapons,the time of day, weather and other things.

The type-0 demo will be a small fragment of the game including almost all the game has to offer, how to level, how to explore, camping, summoning, ect. They even said the demo should be about 4 hours of gameplay if you use the car to get around. The tech demo will probably be no where near as extensive.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

PSP Vs PS4

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Looks great, guess I'll finally have to get a ps4, was going to hold out until disgaea 5, but oh well.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Reddit AMA going on now with Hajime Tabata.

Link to all of his post.
    http://www.reddit.com/user/HajimeTabata

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

So I saw the game is rated M by the ESRB. For those who played the PSP version, do you think it was deserving of it or do you think they made it a bit more gritty. I think this is the first Final Fantasy game to have an M rating?

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    So I saw the game is rated M by the ESRB. For those who played the PSP version, do you think it was deserving of it or do you think they made it a bit more gritty. I think this is the first Final Fantasy game to have an M rating?
    The overall feeling is much like a good war game so there's a lot of death and people dying and dead people on the floor and also dying off screen and shit. It's not that graphic or anything (considering it is a PSP game) except for a few CG cut scenes that show a lot of blood and people dying (I mentioned that right?). There isn't much in the way of swear words that I can remember so it's mostly just blood and depictions of war and thus sadness and outrage etc.

I dunno if it deserves an M just based on blood but it's certainly more intense than other FF games and more liberal about death.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The important stuff if you didn't want to read the his AMA
    1) All of the sidequests and rewards remain in the game and are obtainable, so don’t worry. 2) We calculated the speed of the party characters, and increased their speed for the HD version. We also improved the controls for characters where we felt they could be improved. 3) There aren’t any tedious trophies/achievements in the game. We used FF13 as an example for our trophy/achievement list. 4) The two bonus costumes from the PSP version are still in the game, and we have also added a new costume specifically for the HD version. 5) Unfortunately there are no VFX (blood effects) options available in the game. I have actually never heard that requested from our fans in Japan, but is that a popular feature that gamers in North America like to see in games?
    Why multiplayer was removed for the HD port.
    In the original PSP version, we used the adhoc mode for the multiplayer feature. So trying to include that in the HD version would require creating a system to match players over a server and we felt that it would be difficult to include that in the HD version. I’m sorry.
    In regards to special promotional only obtained items in the JP PSP game.
    1) All of the accessories can be obtained in-game. The Members’ Site rewards have been incorporated into the game itself, so don’t worry. 2) As for the Crimson mission events, the design is the same as the PSP version. But, we’ve added some new (important!) scenes for the HD version, so do your best to unlock and view those events!
    1) The Japanese voices have been included as salromano mentioned. Thank you salromano!! The European version will include English and Japanese voice work and English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish subtitles as well. 2) We are planning to include the FFXV Episode Duscae demo for a limited time with a Type-0 HD digital purchase as well.
    No concrete date for FFXV demo release
    Hello Zaeh! Another great question!
    We are doing are best to have the demo playable with the release of Type-0 HD, but we are still working on optimizing the system and everything, so I can't give you a date.
    oh so this comment is all about FFXV
    Our target for the full version is full-HD (30 fps), but it's difficult to realize that with the graphics and features we have in the game.
    In terms of Episode Duscae...you'll find out if Cindy is this game's "Cid" by playing the demo!

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What a fantastic world we live in where a port of a PSP game can't reach a stable 30fps.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

lmao, I don't even know how they are having framerate problems given what the game looks like...

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Wait, the frame rate comment is in regards to the XV demo, right?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Guess it is. Still, developers not being able to pull off 30fps (or the fact that this is the new standard for consoles) is sad and a testament to how underpowered these systems already are.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Guess it is. Still, developers not being able to pull off 30fps (or the fact that this is the new standard for consoles) is sad and a testament to how underpowered these systems already are.
    Or the fact that it's a game that is still in development? lol

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Auspice View Post
    Wait, the frame rate comment is in regards to the XV demo, right?
    Oh, I assumed he was answering two questsions. I just looked up the AMA answers and he is actually talking about FFXV. I don't really care much about that comment then.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yea whoops my bad, edited.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Was gonna say that was way more damning if he meant Type 0 lol

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

http://www.destructoid.com/more-fina...e-286698.phtml

Demo might not make Type-0 release

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

They already said it wouldn't be out at release. You'd just get a code for later use. This has been said since they announced it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Basically they run 7-10 year old hardware. It's the stupidest model for "next-gen". They really should have at least a 1-2 year old card instead of an ancient piece of crap. Basically start all their coding then update it 1-2 years before release.