+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: BG Tattoo     submit to reddit submit to twitter

MaachaQ

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Necro bump like noones business.

So i finally went and got this done. For those of you who know/care, I got Bazett's Command Seal for Lancer from Fate/Stay Night right below the elbow on my left forearm. I thought it was a neat mix of nerd-dom, mythology, genealogy because I'm Irish, and something unique. I'll post a pic when I take the bandage off.

But I have some questions about care for the short term now. Is foaming antibacterial handsoap ok for cleaning it or should go get something else? It's lightly scented and from Target, but I figure the foam is less abrasive on the skin than a thicker gel type soap. I checked the back for some harsh ingredients I've read online and it has none of them except some light scent.

I got some Aquaphor for the lotion application. My artist told me 2-3 times a day and it is still ok to shower normally, just dont scrub it with anything and no body wash type stuff on it. This application of the lotion should be about 2 weeks or so, I'm seeing 14 days most places on the internet.
    I had my most recent tattoo done almost a year ago, and for the early care I was told to wash with an antibacterial soap we have here called Dettol. The artist said not to use the foaming handwash kind, but instead use the plain unscented bar soap from that brand. The lotion I used was some kind of diaper rash cream, I forget exactly the name of it... it was a clear gel/ointment that I had to reapply every few hours, more often if I was wearing clothing that covered the tattoo and might rub the lotion off.

Two weeks sounds about right for healing time, though some spots may take longer to heal than others if the needle went slightly deeper into the skin at some point. I had a couple spots on mine where several outline lines intersected that took a few days longer than the rest to fully heal. I had 1 spot that randomly scabbed over a few weeks later, but even after it healed it didn't damage the design much. If I didn't know that slightly scarred spot was there I probably wouldn't even notice it. The point is to avoid scabbing as much as possible, it can and will cause fading and damage to the design.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So i finally went and got this done. For those of you who know/care, I got Bazett's Command Seal for Lancer from Fate/Stay Night right below the elbow on my left forearm. I thought it was a neat mix of nerd-dom, mythology, genealogy because I'm Irish, and something unique. I'll post a pic when I take the bandage off.

But I have some questions about care for the short term now. Is foaming antibacterial handsoap ok for cleaning it or should go get something else? It's lightly scented and from Target, but I figure the foam is less abrasive on the skin than a thicker gel type soap. I checked the back for some harsh ingredients I've read online and it has none of them except some light scent.

I got some Aquaphor for the lotion application. My artist told me 2-3 times a day and it is still ok to shower normally, just dont scrub it with anything and no body wash type stuff on it. This application of the lotion should be about 2 weeks or so, I'm seeing 14 days most places on the internet.
    No foamy soap, wash your tattoo with anti-bacterial non-scented. When I get work done, I like to use balcitracin for the first couple of days. Helps my skin prevent scabbing in my experience. I switch over to Aquaphor after 3 days or so. Make sure when you shower the water isn't scorching hot, that doesn't help. Also, pat dry, don't rubs. And if you scab, don't pull 'em off! Let them fall off naturally.

EDIT: Also, when you apply the lotion, don't glob it on. All you need is a very thin layer and you're good.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I always had good luck with A & D ointment. Put a thin layer on for the first 2 days, then would just periodically put water on it after that, mainly when it itched. But if this is your first one, follow the directions you were given. I just found out what heals best for my body.

And I will second the advice of pat, don't rub dry. Don't itch (worse part of the healing IMO), and don't pick the scabs.

I was looking to get a new tattoo. Wife and I have been thinking of it for a long time.

I am trying to create a Zelda Triforce / Buster sword (or some other familiar FF sword) type hybrid but haven't really been able to find the artwork I like that fits together. If anyone has some idea's I would appreciate it.

In my mind I picture the Triforce being mainly prominent with the sword going through it (or swords if done well).

MaachaQ

Quote Originally Posted by Skyylya View Post
    I was looking to get a new tattoo. Wife and I have been thinking of it for a long time.

I am trying to create a Zelda Triforce / Buster sword (or some other familiar FF sword) type hybrid but haven't really been able to find the artwork I like that fits together. If anyone has some idea's I would appreciate it.

In my mind I picture the Triforce being mainly prominent with the sword going through it (or swords if done well).
    If you have an artist/shop that you trust, ask them to design the art for you. Provide a few samples and describe what you want, let the artist create a design and then get your approval of it. A good artist should be willing to create a design for you, and it'll be that much better and more personal.

Banned.

BG Level

get a trimoose

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The Dawgs suck brah, get it removed.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I'll get a tattoo the moment they create the tech to make them animated.

NECRO BUMP MOTHER FUCKERS

Just got my first tattoo last Friday. Drew up the design myself with obvious inspiration.

The day at the shop

"This is actually not as bad as I thought it would be."

And back at home after shower and cleaning off ink/blood concoction. Blurry

Middle looks droopy on the sides cuz of my shoulders, look straight otherwise.

Question:

Been following through with the suggested Aquaphor every day, multiple times a day. How long before I can move to lotions? Starting to get the itching!

What do you think about my first go BG?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Guess I'll post my most recent one. If you know it, you know it.

Spoiler: show

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Probably their best album cover imo.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Lol, the moose always gets brought up in the end. Always.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Regretting the moose had probably been the most correct bg has ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Guess I'll post my most recent one. If you know it, you know it.
    It's the Impossible Astronaut, right?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Regretting the moose had probably been the most correct bg has ever been.
    Meh, I got a cover up a couple years ago. Kind of miss it just so I could tell people the story. But in the end, yeah. Grew out of it, and had something go over it.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    NECRO BUMP MOTHER FUCKERS

Just got my first tattoo last Friday. Drew up the design myself with obvious inspiration.

The day at the shop

"This is actually not as bad as I thought it would be."

And back at home after shower and cleaning off ink/blood concoction. Blurry

Middle looks droopy on the sides cuz of my shoulders, look straight otherwise.

Question:

Been following through with the suggested Aquaphor every day, multiple times a day. How long before I can move to lotions? Starting to get the itching!

What do you think about my first go BG?
    looks nice! Aquaphor is god-tier; it makes a huge difference in how well the tattoo heals. at least in my experience.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by pohibaba View Post
    It's the Impossible Astronaut, right?

Its Deja Entendu album cover I believe which is like one of my top 5 albums ever which makes it a fucking sick tat, good work bro. unless im wrong in which case blow me

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    Its Deja Entendu album cover I believe which is like one of my top 5 albums ever which makes it a fucking sick tat, good work bro. unless im wrong in which case blow me
    Yeah, I was making a joke. But The Impossible Astronaut was my first thought when I saw it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Yeah it's Deja Entendu and it's surrounded by Black Sails In The Sunset and All Hallows EP covers.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by pohibaba View Post
    Yeah, I was making a joke. But The Impossible Astronaut was my first thought when I saw it.
    osry i dont even know what the impossible astronaut is so i was like over here wooshing and shit like a little bitch