Closed Thread
Page 64 of 74 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

I'm more surprised to see people with decent gear/gearswaps than I am seeing gimps. I can literally run around any populated zone and 9/10 people with have shit gear, don't gear swap, and are genuinely clueless. Geared people are the real shocker

Quote Originally Posted by Inactive View Post
    I'm more surprised to see people with decent gear/gearswaps than I am seeing gimps. I can literally run around any populated zone and 9/10 people with have shit gear, don't gear swap, and are genuinely clueless. Geared people are the real shocker
    I agree That's what happens when you make it easy/fast/brainless to level to the cap in a MMO ~

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

hope you waited around for free sobek(s)

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    I agree That's what happens when you make it easy/fast/brainless to level to the cap in a MMO ~
    Getting to cap fast has nothing to do with people being stupid. People who grind their way will still be stupid as hell if they burned. Never get why people think you learn how to gear swap while leveling.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm sure glad we never had any gimp threads before Abyssea came out since everyone was so good at playing the game by the time they hit 75 due to the intense skilful nature of the level grind.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

I blame atmas

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Pandum View Post
    hope you waited around for free sobek(s)
    I waited for a few minutes. They had a few deaths but had more reserves in the background. Should've got pics of the LS (XBrotherhoodX, Siren/Diabolos) at Carabosse the other night. We did almost see a few free ones. Looked to be a full Alli and they zombi'd it from about 6%. Was comedy gold, especially when they started talking shit about me hovering around them.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I haven't play in 2 years but is it sad that they are killing Rajas?

Or do they have something much better now?

Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    I'm sure glad we never had any gimp threads before Abyssea came out since everyone was so good at playing the game by the time they hit 75 due to the intense skilful nature of the level grind.
    What? It didn't take skill to hit 75 in toau either, but before then it at least took basic knowledge of your class, and you'd get denied from exp parties if you were an idiot and blacklisted by half the server in 2003/2004 cause people only wanted GOOD geared players and actually being good mattered. If you were bad, you slowed down exp, if you had bad gear, you slowed down exp, if your party was bad, you got bad exp. People actually TRIED to be good. It slowly stopped mattering the more years we got into the game, but originally being good at your class and knowing how to gear/having gear mattered while leveling up.

TOAU era was the beginning of clueless people hitting 75(which funnily enough, is when they made mobs extremely easy, exp easier, exp faster, etc). Abyssea just amplified the easy/fastness by a few billions.

You should have to level for like 2 weeks straight getting 5k/hour in onzozo to get a WHM past 70 imo, should be like a maat fight for mages(or whm's) only. Teach those healers how to -na instantly or die/gain 0 exp again.

That doesn't really matter now though, the point is you can leech and go AFK(or pay to leech/afk) and get 90 in your job, go to a NPC, pick up some aurore/perle/teal, put it on, buy some crappy 5k gil gear in other slots off the AH and move onto the next job. Many players basically hit 90 with almost 0 knowledge of how their class works, they don't need to skillchain, MB, pull, tank, manage hate, heal, debuff, SA, TA, SATA, or anything. It doesn't matter if you suck, leech, or anything, you'll gain pretty much the same(infinite) exp no matter what. You just need to exist while 17 other people get you crazy exp :/

It's great design for old veterans who were bored of the leveling grind and would like to try out new jobs but didn't want to put the time in, but it had horrible side effects on new/bad players. They don't learn what they're doing until months/weeks after being 90, sometimes never without a real guide or helping hand.

I think most people hit 75 with zero knowledge of how their class worked. People are dumb. The only thing Abyssea did was make that more obvious.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    What? It didn't take skill to hit 75 in toau either, but before then it at least took basic knowledge of your class, and you'd get denied from exp parties if you were an idiot and blacklisted by half the server in 2003/2004 cause people only wanted GOOD geared players and actually being good mattered. If you were bad, you slowed down exp, if you had bad gear, you slowed down exp, if your party was bad, you got bad exp. People actually TRIED to be good. It slowly stopped mattering the more years we got into the game, but originally being good at your class and knowing how to gear/having gear mattered while leveling up.

TOAU era was the beginning of clueless people hitting 75(which funnily enough, is when they made mobs extremely easy, exp easier, exp faster, etc). Abyssea just amplified the easy/fastness by a few billions.

You should have to level for like 2 weeks straight getting 5k/hour in onzozo to get a WHM past 70 imo, should be like a maat fight for mages(or whm's) only. Teach those healers how to -na instantly or die/gain 0 exp again.

That doesn't really matter now though, the point is you can leech and go AFK(or pay to leech/afk) and get 90 in your job, go to a NPC, pick up some aurore/perle/teal, put it on, buy some crappy 5k gil gear in other slots off the AH and move onto the next job. Many players basically hit 90 with almost 0 knowledge of how their class works, they don't need to skillchain, MB, pull, tank, manage hate, heal, debuff, SA, TA, SATA, or anything. It doesn't matter if you suck, leech, or anything, you'll gain pretty much the same(infinite) exp no matter what. You just need to exist while 17 other people get you crazy exp :/

It's great design for old veterans who were bored of the leveling grind and would like to try out new jobs but didn't want to put the time in, but it had horrible side effects on new/bad players. They don't learn what they're doing until months/weeks after being 90, sometimes never without a real guide or helping hand.
    jfc you are the most retarded person ever i swear to god

also i'm pretty certain LORD DTHAX invalidates any argument you have about 03/04 being more skillful too

Gimp/Confused/WTF Player Thread XXIII: Holy shit you have a WS macro and was that a Red Curry Bun???

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post

also i'm pretty certain LORD DTHAX invalidates any argument you have about 03/04 being more skillful too
    Thank you for putting my feelings into words.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post

This. All of the retards on my server that got to 75 anyway because they were that determined invalidates it.

To carby people: Remember vincecarter and dodik? Yeah. Those are just the two that come to my head right away.

PLEASE stop posting.

Why are you guys being so rude and angry? x_x

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Leveling a job quickly has 0 relevance with not knowing how to play FF if you had half a brain, can research, and skillup on your free time instead of somehow expecting to hit a level 90+ mob more than 20% of the time with level ~30 skill.

Being an idiot does.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They're just trying to say stupid will be stupid. Just because you spent 6 months grinding from 1 to 75 in parties making 3k an hour will not make you good. There's plenty of people who made it to 75 pre-TOAU that just plain sucked. Like NIN's who didn't have either utsusemi or never carried tool "because it was expensive ; ;"

They were here before Abyssea. They'll stay after Abyssea.

Quote Originally Posted by Okan View Post
    They're just trying to say stupid will be stupid. Just because you spent 6 months grinding from 1 to 75 over 6 months in parties making 3k an hour will not make you good. There's plenty of people who made it to 75 pre-TOAU that just plain sucked. Like NIN's who didn't have either utsusemi or never carried tool "because it was expensive ; ;"

They were here before Abyssea. They'll stay after Abyssea.
    I didn't say they didn't exist, I said skill actually mattered because if you were good you'd level faster, if you were bad and gimp it'd take you years to actually hit 75. Lack of invites from people knowing you're gimp, low exp from being gimp, etc. Now you just leech while 17 other people do everything for you. Faster leveling = more people 90 = more gimps to see @ level cap = it's actually rarer to see someone who's actually in real gear and has gear swaps now.

They even made 10-30(or 10-75 without abyssea) the same as abyssea parties. Join a GOV alliance, do nothing, have no idea what you're doing, gain the same exp as everyone else in the alliance with 0 knowledge of what's going on or what you're doing - > make it to 90 as fast as anyone else.

Why does it matter to you, do you not have friends to do things with

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It only took people so long to hit 75 because we were all retarded about game mechanics in 04. Fighting IT++ mobs has always been dumb, we just didnt realize that. And how much gear swapping did we do back then? Oh, also 2+ hours of LFG and an hour running to camp didnt speed things up either.

Yeah, people suck now. They have always sucked though. Who cares if they are lvl 90? If they suck, kick them from your group. Just like you did at 75.

Closed Thread
Page 64 of 74 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast