Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Enlisting help of Fellow Woodworkers

I am attempting to slowly hack away at final truth towards days/moon phases affecting crafting results, specifically HQs and break rates.

There have been many stated results in the past, some a lot of hand waving, other's citing sources unprovided. But as it stands there is really no true evidence one way or the other that solid proves or disproves theory crafting.

So, I ask for your help in my valiant quest to quell these spiteful wars between those that face and those that don't! Let us solve the mysteries that Square has set before us, and math out one of the few remaining mysteries of FFXI.

Does the day of week and moonphase affect your HQ/break rates?

Requirements:
    100 Woodworking
    Time
    Patience
    A notable amount of money

I will try to hold this project as best I can solo but the truth simply remains, one server's economy simply does not have the supply to hold up a single person doing this solo. IT will require at least 4million gil+ in wind crystals alone to start getting definitive answers towards our quest.

So join me, its really simple, takes 30 mins of your time, and will help further ourselves as a community!

Step 1: Load up this spreadsheet, page 2; "Direction/Moon Phase/Day Figures" (Link to it is at bottom of that page)

Step 2: use /clock to source out your current day of week and moonphase on the chart. If we have a sample size of 200+ (Being the column named "Total") we have plenty enough of information on that specific time slot. Feel free to add anyways.

Step 3: Obtain wind crystals

Step 4: Obtain Arrowwood Logs

Step 5: ENSURE YOUR CHARACTER IS FACING NORTH, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. YO MUST FACE NORTH. Due to the rumors and slight possibility that differing directions of face may change HQ rates, whether true or not, we must eliminate all lurking variables by all facing the same direction. North.

Step 6: Ensure you do not have a moghancement/Moglification: Woodworking, earth, wind, etc. Stick some other weird non relevant one like experience, gil reward, shit like that. If you dont have anything effective to override your WWing moghancement a Rusty Bucket will always work.

Step 7: Make sure you are not wearing any WWing skill+ gear, nor carpenter's gloves.

Finally, step 8: Diligently, 100%, synth your arrowood lumbers and record exactly how many crafts you attempt, how many breaks you have, and how many HQs you have. Also avoid crafting at a _5 time like 45% moon or 65% moon, same for 30% or 20%, as they could bump up into something like 46%, hitting the next tier to be recorded, thus skewing results. Try to start crafting at a _6 or _1 time roughly, to prevent this.

Step 9: Post results here for me to add to the chart. Simply write:

Day:
    Moon Phase%:
    Total:
    HQs:
    Breaks:

Do this for each separate chunk of 5% moon phase and different day you run through.

I will ensure I add your name to the list of those who have helped to build this!

Thank you everyone for your future help!

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

This will not end well, Urat.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I can try my best doing this solo but help would really be appreciated. I've been searching for a long time now for any shred of true scientifically followed through evidence on either side and I am coming up with diddly squat. The whole argument on both sides is that the other side lacks evidence.

I'm bored, ffxi is easy on everything, I have tonnes of money to spare, so wtf. I'm gonna just solve the damn thing once and for all, and unlike all the other people who are like "Well I performed some mysterious mystical tests one time while I was skilling up and went 1/10 HQing a t0 so obviously this is how HQ works: INSERT RANDOM BULLSHIT"

I'd love to see some actual evidence, for either side. I personally face the direction because I'm a fisher, and we fishers actually have written confession of SE that theres a bunch of random theorycrafting bullshit for fishing, so it makes sense to me they would have as much effort into the other crafts. Is there proof? Not really. So whats the solution.

Well we can just sit here arguing about whether or not there is proof, whether or not its good proof, or whether or not its pointless... or we could just stop putting it off and test the damn thing already.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

I commend u for the effort and wish u luck. If there's any help I can do with level 60 subs I'll be glad to help with that. Needing level 100 really narrows down the potential Helpers

Phone posting