BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Beat me to it.

Madoka rage everywhere.

Black Belt
    BG Level

I would gladly sacrifice my soul to erase this thing before it comes into existence, every attempt of it in the past and future, with my own hands.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

/人 ‿‿ 人\ Please make a contract with me AND BECOME A MAGICAL GIRL. /人 ‿‿ 人\

...I raged.

So, this is the american version of Madoka? Holy shit, I need to see this. I wonder if the network pulled a Narutaru and only watched like 2 episodes before saying "This would be a great kids show!" and instantly regret the decision at the end of episode 3.

Black Belt
    BG Level

maybe they'll pull a CCS and make kyousuke the main character, along with butchering all the underlying theme in the series!

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    So, this is the american version of Madoka? Holy shit, I need to see this. I wonder if the network pulled a Narutaru and only watched like 2 episodes before saying "This would be a great kids show!" and instantly regret the decision at the end of episode 3.
    Coming to a local 4kids channel near you!

Spoiler: show
    I doubt it would turn into something like that but, we'll see

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I'm confused. Is this an American version for television or just the US DVD release being hyped with a website because it's so huge?

Black Belt
    BG Level

either way, they ain't gonna even come close to replicating the sales success they had in japan if that's what they're planning

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Well doesn't also help it's being release by a company that has a history of overcharging their anime and releasing it on multiple volumes.

TOEI ROBOT GIRLS( PV for Toei merchandise)

^

Black Belt
    BG Level

my fucking childhood, what have they done...

fuck them for ruining gaiking for me forever

Ridill
    BG Level

Just watched all 12 episodes of Puella Magi Madoka Magica in a row. definitely didn't plan on doing that, but couldn't help but watch the next episode.
    Puella Magis existing because a society of aliens need energy was pretty stupid. And I didn't really like the ending, though it's probably the only way the show could get a happy ending.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

I think part of the awesomeness of shows like Madoka is getting into the whole community around it. I was reading the reactions here, on /a/ and on MAL and it was really fun speculating. I don't know how I'd feel watching all 12 at once. Also there was a long wait for the last 2 episodes so it made us hungry for more homu-homu and kyouko (2 best characters, btw).

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    Just watched all 12 episodes of Puella Magi Madoka Magica in a row. definitely didn't plan on doing that, but couldn't help but watch the next episode.
    Puella Magis existing because a society of aliens need energy was pretty stupid. And I didn't really like the ending, though it's probably the only way the show could get a happy ending.
    i thought it was pretty hilarious premise that the wholeof QB's civilization is powered specifically by the despair of adolescent girl.

i was watching it with my friends on that episode, we pretty much just went "what the fuck" on that QB brand thermodynamics.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    It's not that bad really. What kyubey wanted was to delay the universe heath death . He was basically looking for an alternative source of energy that is not bound by entropy, and the only thing they could find to break physics laws was human's soul (and most particularly, unreasonable 12 years girls).

The amount of nonsense was kept to a minimum, and unlike many animes, they didn't say anything wrong concerning physics. The only difference in their universe is that emotion (soul) make humans special, but it's not an idea particularly hard to accept.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

This is definitely random but I lol'd hard at the first half of this

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I've been out of touch with anime since like 2004. I just recently watched Deadman Wonderland and enjoyed it, tho I started reading the manga and realized that the anime stops pretty early into the series. Are there any recommendations to anything similar to it? Thanks.

After watching the Kamisama no Memo-chou, which is pretty good, I ended up on a weird gem. So one of the the main seiyu is a 16 year old named Yui Ogura, who voices Alice on the show:

http://www.emptyblue.it/data/wallpap...u_02_thumb.jpg

Turns out she did some dance routines for Mikuni vocaloid, or can do a dance for Mikuni found here:

Then I click on a related link and she did the ED for KissXSis "Steady Boy"...:

Always thought the actual movement seemed ripped off of real life dancers... Interesting that the girl went from dancing on Nico to becoming a Seiyu.

Here it is doubled: http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=ht...orName=Over+30

I wish I could do it exactly synched hehe

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Does anyone else watch Detective Conan? I'm up to EP500 now and I've watched maybe 80% of the episodes, I tend to skip some of the 1ep Detective Boys episodes. I fucking love this show though, lol.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Just finished Moribito on Netflix. Gotta say, loved the story and animation style. One of those animes you finish and then get kinda depressed it's over.

Loved its art, but the story left me scratching my head at times. Fighting and such was top notch, but the mystical elements seemed dumb or impractical to the world if you consider what they went through repeating every so many years, as they barely fucking did it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag