Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    We got a sadist over here, guys :O
    Hahaha no no it's not that! I just want it to be a bit more mature action. It's already annoying that it's based on a 10 year old kid. It was fine back 10 odd years ago but now I was hoping the formula would've changed a bit lol

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Just finished Accel World. It's nice to see a non-good-looking main character once in a while but it doesn't really make for great watching. Only stayed for the animation, premise, fights, Kuroyukihime, and Chiyu. Season finale was satisfying to say the least, seeing as we don't have to see that dude's face ever again. That is if there's going to be a second season.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Hahaha no no it's not that! I just want it to be a bit more mature action. It's already annoying that it's based on a 10 year old kid. It was fine back 10 odd years ago but now I was hoping the formula would've changed a bit lol
    If you want a more adult version of Pokemon, read the manga. Shit is waaaaaay more mature then the anime will ever be

For example:

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It's when he gets into the pig avatar that pisses me off. I hate animated pigs (I like bacon though). Otherwise for all intents and purposes, I highly enjoyed the burst link world concept/idea, especially when all 4 of them go in to the city-like place (where pvp seems to be free for all). Not to mention, a slight reference to SAO at one point (though, it is the same world) and Kuroyukihime being quite the interesting character for what she is (technically her mind is 100s of years old due to the time spent burst linking, so she sees haru beyond what he is. nice way of handwaving it too). All in all, it's rather nice. Shame they didn't reach the evil haru arc.

Also that anime you recommended on linkshell last night, what was it called again? the 11 ep deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    If you want a more adult version of Pokemon, read the manga. Shit is waaaaaay more mature then the anime will ever be

For example:
    Yeh I'm aware the manga is sufficiently adult/mature, but I tend not to read mangas as much ... I'm getting my first ever tablet soon (lol), so I might actually pick up on it

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Skai View Post
    Seconding this. Interesting characters, good animation and a somewhat interesting story.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I don't really want to bump the month-old and unpopular Chaika thread, but that show has very abruptly gotten rather dark.

Sleeper hit. Already has a season 2 coming too. I like it better than most of the shows airing this season. Heard it skips a lot of source material though.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Saw Doraemon US version came out, D:

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Watched the second season of Chuunibyou in between the spring and summer seasons, and is it just me or was the first season much better? I can't really put my finger on why, though. It felt like I kept waiting for something to happen as I got closer to the end, and was rewarded with their cat having kittens.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I didn't watch the second season, but I heard (on BG I think) that the second season was all anime original content as opposed to the first season that was based off of a source material

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic View Post
    Watched the second season of Chuunibyou in between the spring and summer seasons, and is it just me or was the first season much better? I can't really put my finger on why, though. It felt like I kept waiting for something to happen as I got closer to the end, and was rewarded with their cat having kittens.
    It's not just you. Felt like the character development actually went backwards.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I started watching Bakemonogatari since I'm not watching any currently airing shows on Tuesday/Wednesday. I like how I instantly identified it as a Shaft anime not 45 seconds in.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic View Post
    I started watching Bakemonogatari since I'm not watching any currently airing shows on Tuesday/Wednesday. I like how I instantly identified it as a Shaft anime not 45 seconds in.
    It's kind of THE Shaft anime. They aren't subtle about it but that's what makes it awesome.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah, Shaft kinda doubled their popularity with the monogatari series. I wouldn't be surprised if more people know of them because of it rather than Hidamari Sketch, Negima, SZS, Ef, Mario Holic, etc.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Based Disotek Media

2015 is going to be amazing for releases from them

https://www.facebook.com/14716805531...type=1&theater

Also coming in February! Samurai Troopers original Japanese TV Series with English subtitles!
    This will be the original version only. If and when we release Ronin Warriors, it will be a separate collection. There are some issues that need to be cleared on the dub.
    OVA will be releasing in February too and have both dub and sub.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Based Disotek Media

2015 is going to be amazing for releases from them

https://www.facebook.com/14716805531...type=1&theater

OVA will be releasing in February too and have both dub and sub.
    Holy shit mah childhoodz. I've never properly watched this straight through.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Wakfu on Netflix

Today, we are very excited to announce that one of the major goals of this Kickstarter is becoming a reality. Thanks to your support, donations, and enthusiasm, the dubbed English version of Wakfu, Season 1 will be available on Netflix, starting September 14, 2014.

This means that the series will be available immediately on September 14 for Netflix subscribers in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Netherlands, and most Scandinavian countries. It will also be available for other EU nations after Netflix expands into Germany, France, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, and Luxembourg later this month. We are also expecting the series to be available in countries across Latin American later this fall.

The addition of Wakfu to the Netflix platform is a huge step for the series, and we know that it wouldn't have been possible without you!

If you already have a Netflix account, please keep a look-out for the series on September 14, and give it a review when it's available. We'd really appreciate it and it will help new viewers find the series. Thank you again and give yourself a pat on the back! You've earned it!
    Sample of English voices from old Kickstarter project:

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Oh hey, voice actors who don't sound like shit. I might actually watch something on netflix for the first time ever.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    Oh hey, voice actors who don't sound like shit. I might actually watch something on netflix for the first time ever.
    The English voices got very good reception when it was screened on Anime Expo. I just hope English Nox voice sounds as good as French one(sends chills down my spine every time I hear his voice).

E. Body
    BG Level

yo
    which films of the Patlabor series (besides the tv series) should i bother watching?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag