Closed Thread
Page 119 of 141 FirstFirst ... 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 ... LastLast
    C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

I liked it

Good tone, great mech / world art (the char design is definitely.. different, and the villains are sooo cliche, but I'm fine with it).

Good potential for world building as long as this doesn't get too convoluted.

LOVE the music

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I've been too busy watching FOOTBALL to catch the premiere.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    I've been too busy watching FOOTBALL to catch the premiere.
    Not like you missed much anyways. Just 3 not-zakus appearing near the end for the gundam to rise and surprise them.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I digged the not-zaku's monoeye thing. The opening up, combined with getting a mace to the face, was very cool.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I REALLY like the art in this new Gundam show. It's pretty dark, and gives off a realistic 08thMS/00 grimy vibe. Great departure from the "happy" feel behind Regonguista.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

From NYCC: Dub of IBO early 2016 from http://www.bangzoomentertainment.com/

Also that Barbatos HG looks amazing gotta get that shit soon.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

More NYCC2015

Origin manga apparently helped revive gundam in the west

G-Reco in 2016 also along with re-release of the 0079 movies on dvd

I'm still thinking of getting a PG. Is the Strike a good beginner style PG?

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    I'm still thinking of getting a PG. Is the Strike a good beginner style PG?
    Avoid the early PGs there clunky as fuck.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeansman View Post
    Avoid the early PGs there clunky as fuck.
    So probably 00 Raiser or Unicorn?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So probably 00 Raiser or Unicorn?
    I've heard shitty things about the 00 Raiser as well. The Strike, Astray Red Frame, Unicorn, and the new Banshee should all be solid.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

IBO EP2 http://www.daisuki.net/anime/watch/M...DEDORPHANS/vqd

Watching it and Biscuit's sisters names are Cracker and Cookie. hahaha wow

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeansman View Post
    I've heard shitty things about the 00 Raiser as well. The Strike, Astray Red Frame, Unicorn, and the new Banshee should all be solid.
    I'll probably go for the strike or red frame to have a basic looking suit to work with. I could do something crazy like the strike freedom but I need to play it safe on my first venture into PG.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'll probably go for the strike or red frame to have a basic looking suit to work with. I could do something crazy like the strike freedom but I need to play it safe on my first venture into PG.
    The PG Strike Freedom has balance/sagging issues due to the Dragoon unit weight and their potential postioning fucking with the center of gravity (also this imbalance can be exacerbated if you do something dumb like pose a set of them while other set remains on the MS). It also has some issue with the fragility of the Dragoon unit connectors into the backpack slots. I could have sworn there were metal replacement parts availible (or a simple modification with brass rods being inserted into the plastic). Of course, metal parts means more weight.. so. lol

As far as i'm aware of, the "problem" with the 00 Gundam (also 0 Raiser) is that it's rather plain in comparison to other PGs; if you look on Dalong there really aren't a ton of "mechanical" details like pistons and shit. Though you could probably make that argument about much of 00's MSes excluding the likes of the Tieren, Fantong, and Anf. The 0 Raiser doesn't seem to be as bad as the Strike Freedom's Dragoons at least, though you might want to fashion some kind of support for it anyway just to be safe. Also the application of LEDs feels kind of incomplete: the head and GN Drives recieve them, but the GN Particle Condensers in the limbs don't recieve any illumination at all (when they should recieve enough to illuminate the text at least).

The Unicorn and Banshee both still have the same issue that the MGs have had: when NT-D is activated and they reveal their internal psychoframes, the ankles can potentially be a point of floppiness if you load them up beyond the basic beam magnum and beam sabers with the Full Armor parts or (to a lesser extent) the Norn/Armed Armor equipment. I don't have this issue with my FA Unicorn though, even with the LEDs installed for a slight weight increase ontop of the extra equipment; this might be due to my having applied thinned coatings of Future to certain joints.

The Strike Gundam is pretty solid, as is the Astray, if only because it doesn't really have anything to fuck with the balance. Though once the Aile pack is added on, who knows.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The RG Strike can't stand on its own with the Aile Pack on so yeah.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'll just grab the Red frame PG then. Not going to get it until december and work on it when I'm off then as a sort of christmas present to myself.

Went into Barnes and expected the same default gunpla stock but I came out with the Try Burning, Revive RX78 and Revive Freedom. Felt like a kid in a candy store(aka grabbed that shit right away)...not sure how I'd feel if I could ever walk into a real gunpla store or a big gunpla section in a store.

It's fucking Tuscaloosa near the UA, I don't except any shit like that here ever.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

a real gunpla store or a big gunpla section in a store
    Unless you're on the West Coast or in the Northeast (or maybe Mid-Atlantic too), good luck with this ever happening. qq Even then, it'd only be complete if you could get shit off Yahoo Japan Auctions and Premium Bandai through them too.

Still it's good news to see it doing well enough in a normalfag chain like B&N.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Can we talk about how theres a dude with a hitlerstache? I dont know how I missed it in the first ep.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Welp, don't have to worry about the new series being as kiddy as Reconguista. MC is heartless as fuck, but in a nonchalant way which is kind of funny. Series is pretty promising so far and if they keep the great atmosphere, dark story setting and really flesh out the potential that's there, it could be the Gundam series we've all been waiting for since before Seed (and not including Unicorn)

Pretty much how I feel about it. Considering what Recongista was like I'm not surprised the atmosphere took a 180 and seems all the better for it.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I was thinking about checking out Recongista but I heard the story was really hard to follow. Rather, read it was hard to follow