Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Suits     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Good episode, loved the recording part.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I absolutely love this show, every last bit of it. I haven't been this obsessed with a show in a long time.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    yes, clearly he should start a relationship built on lies, that never ends badly
    I don't see why not. He clearly knows his shit, who cares if he went to law school? I doubt she would care, but if things didn't work out, it could destroy his life. Not going to law school isn't some horrible thing. I don't see why that is important enough that he absolutely has to tell any potential girl friend. Lying about who you fundamentally are is one thing, not telling someone irrelevant details that don't even matter is another entirely.

E. Body
    BG Level

Uh, irrelevant details? He AND Harvey knowingly defrauded an entire firm, putting a kid with no real bona fides on some seriously high profile cases. Specter brought up a great point - Mike barely squeaked by Jessica. Running around telling people, even Rachel, increases the risk that he's found out. Every person he tells effectively doubles his chances of being found out.

Keep in mind he still has enemies at the firm, namely Louis and Daniel, who would at least can his ass in two seconds if they found out he was working as an associate without any formal law degree.

This is why earlier I said real world examples are a dumb thing to compare this, or any, show to - these things make sense for the characters they were written for. Mike's smart but paranoid. That's also what makes the writing so good for this show, that we're able to openly debate a character's intentions, their thoughts, fears, hopes, etc. It does a damn good job suspending at least my disbelief. Can't speak for others.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

God, I love Donna.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Uh, irrelevant details? He AND Harvey knowingly defrauded an entire firm, putting a kid with no real bona fides on some seriously high profile cases. Specter brought up a great point - Mike barely squeaked by Jessica. Running around telling people, even Rachel, increases the risk that he's found out. Every person he tells effectively doubles his chances of being found out.

Keep in mind he still has enemies at the firm, namely Louis and Daniel, who would at least can his ass in two seconds if they found out he was working as an associate without any formal law degree.
    Obviously it would be retarded to tell anyone. That's what i'm saying. And it is an irrelevant detail as far as a relationship with Rachel goes.

E. Body
    BG Level

Oh, with Rachel. I mean, I guess it is if you only look at it in that context, but don't you think it has bigger implications and has the potential to affect more than just their relationship? What if Rachel doesn't freak out and is super chill about it, but accidentally drops some joke about Mike not going to law school in front of one of the other associates? Or in front of Louis? I just feel like that's an unfair burden to place on her to ask her to keep it a secret.

With Jenny, she was never really around Mike's work associates except at dinner with Rachel and that other douchebag from S1, so her risk was minimized.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That's what i'm saying. It would have been dumb to tell her. However there was no real reason he couldn't date her anyway.

E. Body
    BG Level

Yea, not like it'd have any effect on their relationship. Unless he got caught, then she'd lose him. Other than that, best she doesn't know and keep tapping that to not piss her off like this.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Edit. No new episode for 2 weeks, damn you and your 4th July shennanigans.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

^ That scene with Louis had me in tears. So good. Was nice to see Harvey and Louis come together like that as well and get some more background on them.

I am glad Mike didn't tell her, but the fact that she now knows it's only because he has something he can't risk... I feel like she might give him a chance knowing that now.

I am glad Jessica is slowly forgiving Harvey as well, episode two made me really wonder what was going to happen with that.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Louis is such a dick but god, I love him.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    Louis is such a dick but god, I love him.
    This so much.

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

The whole episode rocked, that scene with Harvey and Louis reminiscing about old times and Harvey even giving Louis the rare praise was awesome(I hope he keeps that recording).

Having to wait 2 weeks for the next episode is bullshit though after having to watch that.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    The whole episode rocked, that scene with Harvey and Louis reminiscing about old times and Harvey even giving Louis the rare praise was awesome(I hope he keeps that recording).

Having to wait 2 weeks for the next episode is bullshit though after having to watch that.
    He just got that recorder as an ass-kissing gift from Pearson too.. and you know he's never gonna use it for anything ever again except playing back that quote.

Also, I don't think they said shit or bullshit enough in this episode either.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I kind of love that they're not scared to swear on TV anymore, I mean god, it only took forever for that to change.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

"if i say to wipe out an entire village, you say how high"

This show, lol.

edit:
    Spoiler: show
    Oh donna, how could you

This show just keeps getting better!

Ridill
    BG Level