+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

The Grubs is Recruiting (Byriel Guardian) www.thegrubs.net

About Us
    The Grubs is a well established guild dating back to the days of EQ1 (Mithaniel Marr server), i.e., as a guild we have been together for over 12 years. We classify ourselves as end-game raiding casual with three nights of raids per week (Tues/Thurs: 7pm - 11pm CST & Sunday: 6pm-10pm CST).

The Grubs is comprised primarily of college students and working professionals. Very rarely does anyone under the age of 18 make it through our application process (or through the ridicule in guild chat for not having pubic hair or descended testicles).

Loot is distributed through a homebrewed system based on attendance. The more you raid, the more opportunity you have to win shiny purple pixels. Bonuses can be and have been granted for going above and beyond the normal raid duties (farming runs to help gear other members, farming materials for raid items(pots, vials, tonics), etc). The system has been in use for many, many years and has proven to be drama-free.

About You
    We are currently recruiting all classes and roles to start 20 man raids in Rift. We are looking for mature players who know their character and can play them well (in any/all roles). Your current gear should be on par with Tier 1 content and ready to start in Tier 2 dungeon content.

As an applicant, you will be expected to maintain a 75% raiding attendance throughout your trial period. However, significant consideration will be given to those whose attendance numbers are 90%+. We've all been there and know how demoralizing it is to have to cancel a raid due to lack of attendance.

If your interested, go to www.thegrubs.net and fill out an application. Please reference Acanis as the person who recommended you. We are currently 1-5 GSB (15 manned duke) and was 40k away from 17 manning Infiltrator (16 man if you don't want to count the cleric all in crafted epics and blues).

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Bump. With server transfers out now, we are looking for people to fill in our ranks. If your not geared, don't be afraid to app. We can gear competent people, gear won't save a retard though. Especially looking for Clerics and Rogues. Warriors we feel were set on but if you feel your an exceptional player, please app still.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

You're on my server, except I'm defiant. Good luck to you guys!

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I recently reupped my account as I was bored and just moved to a new city and need something to do in my free time besides drink. I have a 44 Rogue which shouldn't be difficult to get to 50 in a few days. Am I too far behind the curve for raiding or what? I'm on a different server but can transfer whenever obviously. It looks like no one i was playing with is lift on my server

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Once you hit 50 through gear crafting you can qualify for tier 2 experts to start getting plaques. Honestly gear will take time due to the horrid drop rates in dungeons, but if your not an asshat and willing to listen to directions, we can help you with gear. Me and one of the leaders probably dropped about 50-60 plat on a couple fresh off the boat 50's to get them geared for T2's.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Ok, should I wait till 50 at least then before apping?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Go ahead and app now. WOrst case officer says to let us know when you hit 50. Just mention that you found out about us from Acanis

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Ok thanks for the info.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Still recruiting all classes. We 17 manned Infiltrator last night (i sadly missed the kill since I was rocking out to blue oyster cult in concert) but we are moving forward. Sooner we get to having a full 20 in raid the sooner we get to destroying content

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

That kill was all me btw.

Would there be any point to a level 50 cleric app'ing? I'm interested in raiding but I don't really have much in the way of T1 gear.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Yup, we love Clerics. Nicholai was fresh off the boat 50 sunday when he raided and I think they just got him some crafted gear to be close to the requirements and did pretty well. I know we have 2 clerics on trial, but only 5 main clerics I think off the top of my head, and due to work or shitty computer they are not always on. We also run a lot of t2's for gear since some people leveled alts and some people like me are still getting fucked on drops for dps gear

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Slight bump for progression update. Oracle was one shotted yesterday, last phase on Hylas, and killed the first boss in GP. Positions are still open, come on over and app

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Bump, still looking for a few good people. Progress is 25% on greenscale, and almost got warmaster despite not knowing anything about it and having a dumbass heal him for 10%

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Sadly right now recruitment is closed. Downed greenscale last night and have some trials we need to go through over the next 2-4 weeks to see how they pan out. Once recruitment is open again, i'll bump the thread.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Recruitment is open for the following specs.

1x Bard Spec Rogue
    1x DPS Rogue (melee or ranged is fine)

Applicants will need to be geared enough to go straight into GSB and ROS as well as through re-runeing and changing gears have above 300 hit so we can continue on Murdatrix. We currently clear GSB/RoS on Thursdays, leaving us Sun & Tues to work on Hammerknell. Raid times are 5-9pm CST Tues/Thurs and Sunday 4-9pm CST. www.thegrubs.net is our site, fill out an application. Please don't fill it out like the one we left locked as it will cause us to laugh at you on Mumble.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Still looking for 2 DPS. 1 Bard and 1 Rogue/War or any other exceptional applicant.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Still looking for another rogue. Also looking for a cleric who can perform 2 of the 3 roles since our cleric tank rage quit.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Still looking. Warrior/Rogue DPS, A Cleric who can Tank and DPS or Heal, and a Chloro/DPS mage. 1/10 HK, 4/4 GSB, 5/5 RoS, and both ten mans on farm.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Still looking for 3 more. Cleric, rogue dps, and chloro mage.